British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Poole Pirates v Swindon Robins • Good Friday

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Seems to have been passing in some heats

Swindon seem sharper out of the gate 

Poole have a weak side at the moment but no doubt will change a few soon.

From 10rides Holder and Kurtz have 11 points..... no excuses at home that is awful. 

Fair play to Klindt doing his job and attacking the track unlike others and beating Doyle

And from someone who is there it appears Brady was guilty of trying to hard nothing to do with the track

How pathetic to blame the track........Klindt is doing it why cant the others?

Pooles number 1 beaten by Lampart sums it up.......is Jack average fiddling it seems that way

I don't think the averages count in this cup.Not 100% sure,but pretty sure if that makes sense:blink:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Pooles number 1 beaten by Lampart sums it up.......is Jack average fiddling it seems that way

If he is, someone should tell him these cup meetings don’t count towards averages.

• Like 1

Have to say well done to Swindon on their gating show. Left us for dead at the tapes and on a track not fit for purpose it was game over by the second bend.

It got so bad riders were disappearing from sight viewing from the main grandstand. Possibly the worst meeting I have attended in the last ten years, and I have seen some rubbish in that period including 62-28 drubbings at Arena!

why did the bowser only come out once before heat one? It should have been out every few heats. What’s the excuse?

Glad no rider got injured. In the last few heats riders were pulling up as they couldn’t see where they were going. 

If we now don’t have the track staff to prepare a racing track for a mid day meeting, why not move it to ~good Friday evening? I am sure the crowd would still be big and conditions much better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Complete and utter embarrassment.

The 2 Poole H/L scoring 11 from 10 rides is an utter joke and yet again Holder & Kurtz underperforming on the Poole track.

I wonder what positive spin the Ford's will put on this woeful discplay. In fact even RR replacement scored 6 for Worrall which is probably higher than he would have achieved anyway.

Excuses are being made for the track and perhaps rightly so. Its been a joke for too long but hey what do you expect from a guy who is more interested in selling up than investing in putting the track right. 

Swindon came to Poole and yet again put them to the sword. If they can do it then why can't these underperforming Pirates. It has all the hallmarks of last season and the season before. As to look what happened last season. A ridiculous amount of luck and good fortune is unlikely to strike again imo.

Early doors but would never surprise me if the likes of Kurtz & Holder Jr will not make the cut for the POL EXL teams after this season and at this rate I can see at least one of them being emptied when the Ford's wield the knife again as in previous seasons.

I get fed up hearing the excuses. Neither Kurtz or Holder look like number one's and at this rate are unlikely to be one. Swindon have showed that H/L are important and they can carry the bottom order. I see Lampart out soon but for sure I see a decent replacement coming in. As for Poole ??? - To much inconsistency for me and I honestly don't see it changing.

3 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Poole managed to nick 2 points off them. Proves my point. Having Jakobsen & Covatti at reserve doesn't mean anything as Pirates are giving away points at the top end.

Jakobsen & Worrall need to be sacrificed

Doyle - 3, 3, 3, 3, 2

Batchelor - 3, 3, 2, 3, 3

Musielak - 3, 3, 3, 2*, 2*

Swindon have a good top three who when riding well are hard to beat. Yet last night at Swindon Poole looked a far better 1-7 than Swindon, who managed to grab a draw at the death.

No way on God’s earth should Jakobsen be sacrificed. 

Today means nothing. It wasn’t league. And I will bet anyone £100 we will be in the playoffs. So please, no headless chicken posts over the team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

It has all the hallmarks of last season. As to look what happened last season.....

Yes please!:drink:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon have a good top three who when riding well are hard to beat. Yet last night at Swindon Poole looked a far better 1-7 than Swindon, who managed to grab a draw at the death.

No way on God’s earth should Jakobsen be sacrificed. 

Today means nothing. It wasn’t league. And I will bet anyone £100 we will be in the playoffs. So please, no headless chicken posts over the team. 

i would hope so Steve if you only have to come 4th out of 7 teams.

Think much will depend on whether Ford spends decent money to shore up the team if it keeps performing like this. On paper this team should walk into the play offs. BUT its the same old inconsistencies that keep cropping up week in and out. You can pick out at least 2/3 riders each meeting that just don't perform to their so called potential. It happens meeting after meeting. Even when we get into winning positions away we tend to blow it.

I think we will still get points away from draws or 6 point or less losses but that could all be undone if they don't sort out the home form and possibly the track.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes please!:drink:

Okay 1-0 to you LOL :D

Just get frustrated especially when its a Derby match even if it is the Cup rather than league.

At the moment those top 2 so called Heat Leaders are costing us at home. It neess to be sorted as no good fiddling further down the team if only one or in this case neither are performing. The odd point/s further down cannot compensate when you get your top 2 scoring 11 from 10 rides.

Going to be interesting considering we have BV & Swind H & A in the League over the next month. At this rate we could well be bottom come end of May with that single Peterborough away point. But of course means nothing at this stage ;-)

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have to say well done to Swindon on their gating show. Left us for dead at the tapes and on a track not fit for purpose it was game over by the second bend.

It got so bad riders were disappearing from sight viewing from the main grandstand. Possibly the worst meeting I have attended in the last ten years, and I have seen some rubbish in that period including 62-28 drubbings at Arena!

why did the bowser only come out once before heat one? It should have been out every few heats. What’s the excuse?

Glad no rider got injured. In the last few heats riders were pulling up as they couldn’t see where they were going. 

If we now don’t have the track staff to prepare a racing track for a mid day meeting, why not move it to ~good Friday evening? I am sure the crowd would still be big and conditions much better.

I`m pretty sure you don`t have the track staff to prepare a track FULL STOP

13 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Swindon grabbed a draw because of the HL's. Poole don't have any firepower. Holder is not a No.1 and Kurtz has proven he's not a No.1 so we're stuffed.

Then Covatti has to be sacrificed because the top end is nowhere near strong enough. No point having strong reserves and a weak top end because what we would gain at reserve is the points we will lose out on in the big races up against the oppositions HL's. So we're no better off. 

Doesn't matter if it's the cup. The team will remain the same and the top end is very weak and you wouldn't fancy them to produce the goods in a tight meeting. BV could put out Fricke or Bjerre, KL could chose Lambert, Swindon & Wolves have multiple options. 

Not a headless chicken post it's a fact of life.

Exactly that

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Just seen a pic from the track, blue groove & some 

Does my link above not work?

Seems like Poole are ok on the road, but at home, oh dear.   Says on thing.  The home track isn’t fit for purpose. 

The Wimborne track has had a ? Against it now for a few years.   Is it still the same guy preparing it ?  If so rather than sack riders maybe Ford should look at getting someone in who knows what they are doing.

As the saying goes, at least Poole will be able to concentrate on The League now.