British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Poole Pirates v Swindon Robins • Good Friday

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Then clubs should think of their customers and not take the risk or as BCD says don’t schedule meetings on Good Friday. 

Apart from playoffs Good Friday is Poole's biggest crowd, so would be stupid not to do it. 

45 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Stop using the track as an excuse.

Last we week we lost at home to King's Lynn. The meeting was 37-35 to Poole with 3 Heats to go. Robert Lambert won Heats 13 & 15 which KL hit two 5-1s in. Heat 13 & 15 decided the meeting result.

The two meetings against Swindon we haven't won why because we can barely take points off their HL's

We lost to Peterborough a team that is built 3 points under the limit. 

Our top end is not strong enough and that is the sole reason why we lost. Holder is not a No.1. Kurtz is not reliable when under pressure in the big races. We will see this all season long.

Nobody has blamed the track as far as I’m aware for Poole losing - they have just commented on how bad the track was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Amazing that Steve Shovlar complains about other tracks & their conditions when Poole is the worst of the lot.

Our track would be fine if they just prepped it properly!

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Our track would be fine if they just prepped it properly!

Perhaps it needs some more engine oil on it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Poole should be fined then if the track is that bad......disgusting to run a meeting in those conditions.... a club should not run a meeting on a dangerous track.

Perfect speedway weather on a Bank Holiday and Poole cant provide a decent track....how poor

Apparantly heat 13 was good between Doyle and Klindt

Seems to me Poole riders dont want to attack the track......Batchelor who hardly likes tricky conditions is coping fine

Woeful from Holder and Kurtz

Pipe down.

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So which available heat leader(s) would you suggest are signed?

craig cook for one :cheers:

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Fair reflection of the meeting. 

It will improve as you Say Gavan this won’t be the final team. I think Richie will be the first to go. See Kacper Woryna coming in if the points fit. 

Jacks just struggling. We have a few weeks until next home meeting just hope he finds this issue. 

You gonna pay for woryna's mechanics and wages then??

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

That’s the same Craig Cook that gets abuse from Poole fans whenever he races? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

And he wouldn't need to throw his dummy over his kevlars either;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

That’s the same Craig Cook that gets abuse from Poole fans whenever he races? :rolleyes:

Could be a case of needs/must come mind/end May. 

Woryna is not the answer for sure as he has started the new POL season less than impressive. Even in the odd meeting Jakobsen has ridden in he was poor.

I think those 4 League meetings H/A against BV and Swindon will have a bearing on what happens next. Why fly in Woryna and his Mechanic/s/team when he isn't performing (certainly not as a HL in UK anyway). Rather spend on a proven rider in the Prem even if not popular with some.

The next month will be interesting that's for sure as this won't be allowed to continue. Of course that's assuming the Ford's don't want to hold on to the money bearing in mind this season's team was built around Club assets and riders they could sign within a certain budget.

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Pipe down.

Awww so you agree with what I said ..... or do you fancy being an adult 

16 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

not by me:party:

Edited by ray c

22 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Not by me he doesn’t, he’s one of my favourite riders.

1 hour ago, Fixer2 said:

Try watching Polish Ekstraliga, Sunday afternoon racing very often in sunny weather... not a problem... water bowser and a track team that put the effort in and know what they are doing!

Just got back from the National League meeting at Belle Vue.  1 p.m. start.

Hottest day of the year in Manchester by a mile, but the water browser was out about every three heats (for just a few laps) and the meeting was completed in one hour fifty minutes. 

No dust at all!

It can be done. 

• Like 5