British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Poole Pirates v Swindon Robins • Good Friday

40 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

How about an apology from the riders who didn't want the track watered once racing started?!

Who is in charge? The riders or the owner/ promoters. Both the riders and the promoters need to think of the fans. I know that's a novel idea but at the end of the day it's the promoter who has the responsibility to  consider all of the relevant issues and to make the decision. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

How about an apology from the riders who didn't want the track watered once racing started?!

didnt know the riders had taken that position skids,did notice some of the poole riders having a "hissy fit" should have been announced that the riders were taking that stance.Think some of the riders that are brought over here to race from distant lands are not worth the trouble anymore!!

Riders didn’t want the track watered once racing had started. Riders should realise fans pay their wages so fans come first. Watering with bowsers happens every few heats in Poland. Riders don’t seem to have hissy fits over there about it.

Promotion should tell the riders bowser will go out every 4 heats so get used it it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Quite agree, but there obviously wasn’t enough water put down before the meeting to soak the base. 

Tracks should be prepared and maintained for spectators not riders. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riders didn’t want the track watered once racing had started. Riders should realise fans pay their wages so fans come first. Watering with bowsers happens every few heats in Poland. Riders don’t seem to have hissy fits over there about it.

Promotion should tell the riders bowser will go out every 4 heats so get used it it.

Only because it would've turned into a skating rink... 

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Quite agree, but there obviously wasn’t enough water put down before the meeting to soak the base. 

Got to agree on soaking the base. On a hot day and a morning meeting, the track needed watering very early. Maybe preparing the track the night before, and starting to gradually water the track from as early 5 am to allow the base to absorb/ hold in some  moisture, that's if its possible at Poole. I don't know about the access situation.

Agree about the track being prepared for the crowd to a certain degree Baggy, but I think the riders should have some input as well. Saying that, the track was not acceptable at all in that state. Even if the riders asked for it .How many riders like riding in those conditions ?:o  Not fair to all the customers paying their hard earned , and dangerous to the riders as well I would of thought. I'm sure I read that by a Poole fan that Klindt pulled up in one race because he couldn't see. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Do you know that for a fact? 

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

has there been an apology from the promotion to their customers who had to endure such horrible  conditions??

Promoters keep banging on about rain being the biggest enemy of speedway. when you can't prepare a track on a fine day early in the season you really have problems. Yes we have seen similar at some National League tracks but at Poole you are having a laugh. Jon Cook keeps banging on nothing is wrong with the product its just getting people in to watch it. I beg to differ, who in their right mind would return to watch that again if it was your first speedway experience  ? As Rome burns  Promoters just can't see it or don't want to see it.

• Like 4

They manage to prepare a track at NSS on the hottest of days that doesn't produce dust.  They also regularly water with the bowser during the meeting and it doesn't appear that the riders complain.  Yesterday was an example, extremely hot (for Manchester), watered every two or three heats and no dust.

Andy Meredith and his team do an excellent job but then the management have invested in ensuring that they can.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, coldace said:

They manage to prepare a track at NSS on the hottest of days that doesn't produce dust.  They also regularly water with the bowser during the meeting and it doesn't appear that the riders complain.  Yesterday was an example, extremely hot (for Manchester), watered every two or three heats and no dust.

Andy Meredith and his team do an excellent job but then the management have invested in ensuring that they can.

I totally agree with all your points, slightly off topic, but was at Edinburgh last night on a boiling hot evening and must applaud the track man as it was perfectly watered!! 

All i can reading about other tracks on here in the last  couple of days down at poole then we haven't gat a clue what we are doing !!!

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

All i can reading about other tracks on here in the last  couple of days down at poole then we haven't gat a clue what we are doing !!!

To be fair...

I remember reading comments from one of the Poole fans on here that 'the tides' play a part in the track being so poorly prepared...

Was it in or out yesterday?

Thank goodness we in Manchester don't get the same problems with the Rivers Medlock and Mersey!!

They could create havoc with the NSS....

:D

16 hours ago, Nellie said:

There wasn’t even a hosepipe on turns three and four, until just before the nominated heats. Was there a reason the bowser didn’t reappear? I couldn’t see a thing from heat nine onwards, although I suppose under the circumstances that may have been for the best.

I agree with you regarding the team, Holder will sort himself out, and Worrall seems to be doing pretty well for Leicester. The others are performing pretty much as expected. Also, Swindon’s top three were exceptional, so it’s a bit silly to be reading too much into one meeting. 

No reason for no bowser apart from couldn't be bothered as far as i could tell. It wouldn't have made a difference to the result but would have made a difference to the paying public who once again are treated with distain. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ray c said:

It is clearly quite possible to prepare a track for decent speedway whatever the weather.  I haven't been to Poole for many years but have noticed how frequently the Poole track has been criticised  over the past few years and I recall watching a televised meeting where BV won and the track was awful.

So maybe those in charge at the self-anointed 'Manchester United of Speedway'  send someone up to Manchester to learn how to do it; seriously. We all have an interest in having tracks where close exciting racing is possible.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The riders shouldn't have been granted their wishes, most of our team rode they didn't want to be there anyway. 

• Like 2