British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Poole Pirates v Swindon Robins • Good Friday

35 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

How about the SCB and their Referee get a grip and sort this issue out once and for all and if necessary hold up proceedings until it's sorted. If there is insufficient opportunity to prepare a decent track then postpone before the event and bowlocks to the Bank Holiday big crowd that boosts the coffers. They're saying that anyway by not watering adequately. Whoever walked that track before the meeting knew what was coming, the only reasonable excuse for dust is when rain is forecast around start time but nowhere near like that.

You should always prepare a track properly whether rain is forecast or not, if rains arrives and it’s heavy or prolonged it’s off anyway, if it doesn’t arrive or not as much as anticipated you get dust and everyone attending wears the track home.

Tracks like Poole produced Friday are just not acceptable.

Interesting that the match report mentions dust but no apologies to the paying customers.

Pretty much sums up the managements consideration for the supporters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Apologies were given over the tannoy.

Apologies are acceptable, if it’s a one off or beyond the promotions control.

The fact that this is a regular issue is no more than lip service to the paying customer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Apologies were given over the tannoy.

skidder youve got to stop trying to defend the indefensible, youve got to be honest and admit it was disgusting,the people that will presumably look for credit when things go well must have the  nuts to take and admit  responsibilty for the "cock up"Spoke to two significant sponsors in the last 48 hrs both totally disgusted,one says he went into the pits to ask middlo who won heat 13 cause he couldnt see!!them and me will all be at the next meeting,thats what we do! but if certain people put their hands up and were honest it would have helped

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Swindon record away to Poole since 2017

45-47 WON

36-56 WON

44-46 WON

38-52 WON

54-36 LOST

37-53 WON

And yet Poole keep winning title after title after title. Go figure.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Swindon record away to Poole since 2017

45-47 WON

36-56 WON

44-46 WON

38-52 WON

54-36 LOST

37-53 WON

What are the home scores?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Before 2017 Swindon didn't win there for 8 years. Obviously since thenThe Poirates haven't been as strong without The Turbo Twins, and the title winners. of 2013/4/5

Edited by auntie doris

If Wolverhampton don’t keep Nicholls, Poole should jump in quick, he’s on fire at the moment.

And to think no Premiership team even went in for him in the close season:blink:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

If Wolverhampton don’t keep Nicholls, Poole should jump in quick, he’s on fire at the moment.

And to think no Premiership team even went in for him in the close season:blink:

Not to mention Harris who would have rode for us if we had offered him a position. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

skidder youve got to stop trying to defend the indefensible, youve got to be honest and admit it was disgusting,the people that will presumably look for credit when things go well must have the  nuts to take and admit  responsibilty for the "cock up"Spoke to two significant sponsors in the last 48 hrs both totally disgusted,one says he went into the pits to ask middlo who won heat 13 cause he couldnt see!!them and me will all be at the next meeting,thats what we do! but if certain people put their hands up and were honest it would have helped

Not trying to defend the indefensible - I thought it was abysmal. In fact the worst 2 home meetings at Poole that I've seen for a long time in very different conditions but I shall also continue using my 3 season/sponsors passes for the rest of our home fixtures.

Some on here were talking about apologies, so I was merely stating the facts that apologies on behalf of the management were announced over the tannoy, so that those directly affected ie the fans that were there, could hear it!   Very little point in stating anything else to a wider audience in the media or on the website if they weren't there!!  There are clearly already enough ' negative fans' to put the proverbial boot in to speedway in general as it is!!

The track was watered heavily overnight - fact! The track was still being watered when I arrived for 10.00am - fact. However in the very hot sun it did not bind the 'thin' shale that it appears we are still using - and it was the worst dust I've seen at a daytime bank holiday meeting for some time - there is always dust in the hot sun but this was the worst.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not trying to defend the indefensible - I thought it was abysmal. In fact the worst 2 home meetings at Poole that I've seen for a long time in very different conditions but I shall also continue using my 3 season/sponsors passes for the rest of our home fixtures.

Some on here were talking about apologies, so I was merely stating the facts that apologies on behalf of the management were announced over the tannoy, so that those directly affected ie the fans that were there, could hear it!   Very little point in stating anything else to a wider audience in the media or on the website if they weren't there!!  There are clearly already enough ' negative fans' to put the proverbial boot in to speedway in general as it is!!

The track was watered heavily overnight - fact! The track was still being watered when I arrived for 10.00am - fact. However in the very hot sun it did not bind the 'thin' shale that it appears we are still using - and it was the worst dust I've seen at a daytime bank holiday meeting for some time - there is always dust in the hot sun but this was the worst.

You usually apologise when things go wrong, like the tractor or the bowser breaking. But the management decided not to water the track at the riders request, causing the conditions. They decided to make it a dust bowl for the fans.

The  "did not bind the thin shale" bit...  It's pretty simple really,  if  the sale is dry, you get dust . If its wet you don't... Once the meeting had run a few heats and the dust starts you water the track ( if the riders let you).

The only reason I can think of for the riders not wanting the track watered during the meeting, once the dust started, is that there wasn't enough shale on the track to start with, and watering would of made the base like an ice rink. There is no other logical reason for leaving it in that state.

Imho, and it's just an opinion, saying that the riders didn't want the track watered, because it would of been to dangerous to ride, due to the lack of shale, might of been nearer the truth ;). Imho the track was wrong from the off. Once the little bit of shale was pushed wide there was nothing anyone could do, unless you want an ice rink. You can't polish a turd.

But what do I know :approve:

Buster might lend you some :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s no credit in buying the title with a bunch of mercenaries.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Every Good Friday morning meeting at Poole has suffered serious dust problems. I know that a Good Friday meeting is one of the best income generators and Matt Ford fought tooth and nail to run off the fixed race night this season, but why start at 11.30 when identical line ups could have been on track at 7.30 thus allow normal prep. time?

In fact racing didn’t start until 11.57 because of additional watering compounded by the late arrival of the paramedic.

Apart from an inaudible sound system, the rest has been fully reported above and the whole event was put into perspective / shame by Somerset who staged a very competitive Under 21 Semi Final that night without a hitch.

I see dan ford reaction to the meeting on pirates defeat on Friday but not a mention of the state of the track . I find that strange ?

• Like 2