British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Leicester Vs Sheffield CS 20th April

Can only see a sizeable home win here unless something miraculous happens to the Tigers form.

Weather forecast is as good as it gets for late April.. Beaumont Park will be bathed in Sunshine, with temps topping out at a respectable 24c, maybe even 26c!! No rain, or any wind to speak of. Come tapes up, the temperature will have dropped back to a pleasant 16c to 17c.. Perfect Speedway weather..!! 

After what I saw at the EWR this evening can't see anything other than the Tigers getting a severe mauling from the Lions tomorrow. Tigers just not on it at all, heat leaders are pretty average and they are carrying three riders at present. Things may have to change!

Leicester may give Sheffield a tough time of it tomorrow however things will be much different when they come to our beautiful sun drenched wonderland 24 hrs later.

Leicester key man = Josh Bates

Sheffield key man = Zaine Kennedy

On 4/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, Shale Searcher said:

Weather forecast is as good as it gets for late April.. Beaumont Park will be bathed in Sunshine, with temps topping out at a respectable 24c, maybe even 26c!! No rain, or any wind to speak of. Come tapes up, the temperature will have dropped back to a pleasant 16c to 17c.. Perfect Speedway weather..!! 

What time does the sun set tonight Shale Searcher? Will there be any kind of sun delay do you think?

Lions promotion have really been pushing this one with "an amazing war of words" breaking out between the clubs with "Dicko" saying "Don’t get me wrong, I think Sheffield are a very good side" wow! harsh!

They've also been patting themselves on the back for the last couple of weeks about the track...

So I'm expecting a close hard fought tussle tonight with great racing on the great track run at a good pace... just how Speedway used to be!

Can't wait!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

So I'm expecting a close hard fought tussle tonight with great racing on the great track run at a good pace... just how Speedway used to be!

Can't wait!

Going to the Craig Cook Testimonial, Glasgow then are you. 

• Haha 1

No way! I'm going to BP to look at this track they're all raving about!

3 hours ago, iainb said:

What time does the sun set tonight Shale Searcher? Will there be any kind of sun delay do you think?

Lions promotion have really been pushing this one with "an amazing war of words" breaking out between the clubs with "Dicko" saying "Don’t get me wrong, I think Sheffield are a very good side" wow! harsh!

They've also been patting themselves on the back for the last couple of weeks about the track...

Can't wait!

Sun sets at 12 minutes past 8. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

Sun sets at 12 minutes past 8. 

Thanks, hopefully it'll be low enough by 19:30 not to cause a problem then

Guest WTF1
39 minutes ago, iainb said:

No way! I'm going to BP to look at this track they're all raving about!

Wow,  Hope you can stomach disappointment. 

16 hours ago, Steve55 said:

After what I saw at the EWR this evening can't see anything other than the Tigers getting a severe mauling from the Lions tomorrow. Tigers just not on it at all, heat leaders are pretty average and they are carrying three riders at present. Things may have to change!

My thoughts exactly. Fear the worst tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Thanks, hopefully it'll be low enough by 19:30 not to cause a problem then

Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

Well... This track everybody is raving about is turning out to be a bit of a joke so far after 2 heats and 1 lap... Now for a bit of unscheduled tractor racing

But to look on the bright side no watering had to be done after a lovely sunny day and there was no dust. Take a look at the film on the Poole thread and see if you would put up with that.  I actually quite enjoyed the match tonight even though in some of the heats the riders were strung out 'follow the leader'  style after the back straight of the first lap. There were enough good races to make it interesting and the Lions winning was always in doubt as Sheffield kept the scoreline close.  Another bonus ~ no firework at the beginning so I wasted my time sticking my fingers in my ears waiting for it to happen.  I hope that was just a one off last week and the idea has been abandoned. Lucy doesn't like fireworks either. :(

Edited by Gemini

The close scoreline kept things interesting tonight, there were a handful of good races, I've got to say though I thought the track was borderline dangerous!