British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Leicester Vs Sheffield CS 20th April

Must admit some riders did seem to have problems with it and there were some dodgy lines taken around bend 4, that's if they managed to get round at all. 

Stewart Dickson has explained the track situation on the Leicester Website. The fault lies basically with the sidecars last weekend!

7 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Stewart Dickson has explained the track situation on the Leicester Website. The fault lies basically with the sidecars last weekend!

seems like excuses to me, is a week not long enough to get a track prepared?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neb said:

... in perfect weather

Good to get a point on our travels, should boost confidence in the tigers camp ready for today.

I would have liked to have been the fly on the wall in the pits last night just before the first re-run of heat 14. I can understand that Ryan Douglas would want to try for a 12 point maximum but surely the team manager would have told him and Connor Mountain that, if they did not get the drop on Ty Proctor at the gate, they should settle for second and third to make sure that the Lions were home and dry without the need for any heroics in heat 15. It's all supposition but we would then have had a full strength side today.

• Like 1

But then we would have even more boring and follow-the-leader racing if riders are instructed not to try to win but settle for the place they are in after the first lap.  I do know what you mean though as it was a bit of a reckless move so early on in the race when he could perhaps have beaten Ty if he had bided his time a bit. 

On 4/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, iainb said:

Edited by Shale Searcher
Can't get rid of this "quote" all I can do is delete the comment, which is not mine! Closed, reopened, cancelled, edited, nowt works..

On 4/21/2019 at 11:33 AM, neb said:

Would surely depend on availability of Stewart if he doesn't live in Leicester. People have other lives you know.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, neb said:

Not if the base has been damaged