British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Leicester CS 21st April

Will Sheffield have an upturn in fortune today in what should be a bumper Bank Holiday crowd. Thread started before away meetings at Scunny and Leicester so hopefully decent results have returned already.

It will be interesting to see how Bickley goes today hope he's on the pace.Douglas out for Leicester could weaken them a lot as he's handy round sheffield .Hoping for a decent sheffield win ?

Should be an interesting one this. 

I think Sheffield will probably win it, should be a good meeting though..............Enjoy the Sunshine. 

Edited by nightshift

Deserved win for Leicester could have been worse if Douglas had rode .My worry of moving to Sunday has always been track prep and today was a bit of a dust bowl.We would have been better signing 7 gaters.Drew did well today and Zaine is a top find but Kyle Bickley didn't get the points Broc would possibly get .Early days but we are nowhere near favourites for the league.

Sheffield got out of gaol here. Not in terms of the result,  but on something far more important - attendances for possibly the rest of the season.

Make no mistake, the first 11 heats were bloody awful as race after race was a strung out procession from the gate as the dust slowly took over,  aided by a bizarre decision not to water the track at the interval (although it may have been that the surface was so bald that water would have made it dangerous).  

Then Bates charged through in heat 12, followed by Worrall being caught by Howarth and King, followed by a brilliant ride from Kennedy to beat Bates in heat 14. In heat 15, we had a truly superb, text book team ride from Nicholls, as Bates gated and Nicholls sat in behind and held King & Howarth at bay for 4 laps. 

Those  last 4 heats might just persuade some to come back. Had they been more of the earlier 11, many would not have.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Sheffield got out of gaol here. Not in terms of the result,  but on something far more important - attendances for possibly the rest of the season.

Make no mistake, the first 11 heats were bloody awful as race after race was a strung out procession from the gate as the dust slowly took over,  aided by a bizarre decision not to water the track at the interval (although it may have been that the surface was so bald that water would have made it dangerous).  

Then Bates charged through in heat 12, followed by Worrall being caught by Howarth and King, followed by a brilliant ride from Kennedy to beat Bates in heat 14. In heat 15, we had a truly superb, text book team ride from Nicholls, as Bates gated and Nicholls sat in behind and held King & Howarth at bay for 4 laps. 

Those  last 4 heats might just persuade some to come back. Had they been more of the earlier 11, many would not have.

I agree it was poor stuff !    The last four races weren`t too bad.   Danny Kings a good rider but am not impressed with his team riding skills he never looks round for his mate. and they seem to have a problem which line to ride when they`re behind  him.

5 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

I agree it was poor stuff !    The last four races weren`t too bad.   Danny Kings a good rider but am not impressed with his team riding skills he never looks round for his mate. and they seem to have a problem which line to ride when they`re behind  him.

Danny can’t team ride to save his life.  Doesn’t ever look behind til the 4th lap.  He tried a few seasons ago at Ipswich and got passed so doesn’t bother anymore 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Where’s odsal boy still doing the ironing 

I'm right here Phil, just sat eating my slice of humble pie :-)

And i borrowed my iron to Josh Bates, he made good use of it tonight.

Edited by OdsalBoy
adjustment
  • Haha 1

First load of heats, boring... was starting to think Leicester was the home team by the (lack of) racing and the follow the leader stuff... Heats 11 to 15 was decent, apart from the fact the place was a dustbowl.. A bit of watering would have helped surely? Congrats to Leicester on their win, helps Scunny out a bit, when it comes to the best runners up;):t:

So the team tipped for greatest this season are struggling.

I don't know the. IN's and outs with regards team averages and changes and the dates when the averages change .But to be hotly tipped due to Drew Kemp steal of an average the Tigers are under performing 

Offal boy you surely not spouting how good your boys are dominating races are you !!

4 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

Kingy comes across as a decent guy but my memories of him as a Lions rider are of someone who lacked steel in pressure situations. He frequently came up short in crunch heats (heat 15 if selected) when he often only had to deliver individually and not team ride. This opinion is based on observations at Premiership and not Championship level but there isn't exactly a gulf between the two leagues since many of the riders are the same! (This could only happen in speedway. Been meaning to check if Jamie Vardy isn't sneekely turning out for the Forest or Derby occassionly).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Kingy comes across as a decent guy but my memories of him as a Lions rider are of someone who lacked steel in pressure situations. He frequently came up short in crunch heats (heat 15 if selected) when he often only had to deliver individually and not team ride. This opinion is based on observations at Premiership and not Championship level but there isn't exactly a gulf between the two leagues since many of the riders are the same! (This could only happen in speedway. Been meaning to check if Jamie Vardy isn't sneekely turning out for the Forest or Derby occassionly).

Bang on. But you won’t find a nicer guy and he is a really good captain.  

I watched Danny since he was 15 at mildenhall and the negatives are he doesn’t look round or team ride. However the positives outweigh all that and I’m happy we have him at Ipswich. 

5 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

He was very much the same when he was number 1 for Newcastle I was pretty disappointed with him in all honesty now I don’t think brough Park is his favourite track but I thought he would dominate so much more than he did, especially in the big races.

• Like 1