British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar v Leicester

This could be a cracker , Bears will need their gating gloves on . 

Weather forecast is good , 

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Bears will be looking to keep up the great form they showed against Sheffield but after 12 days off hopefully this doesn't work against those that don't race in both leagues. Leicester have some great talent in their ranks with Josh Bates hitting the ground running after a year out with a back injury. 

Going for a home win but I reckon this one could have a few twists and turns before the result is known.

Stay behind if you can as the Cubs have their first league match against the Ashfield Giants from Glasgow. 6 more heats of action for you on what promises to be a lovely sunny and pretty warm evening.

Edited by Parsy29
  • Like 1

We are still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

13 hours ago, Icicle said:

tomorrow 19th is the date!

Why don't do some posters not add date and start times to meeting preview/discussion threads?

Well deserved win for a very solid Leicester side who just about all contributed to a good away win. Nicholl's best meeting at the STMP by a long way and excellent back up from RTR, Douglas and Perks (lucky to get a second chance in Heat 1 though). Special mention to Connor Mountain who was very good to watch.

For the Bears the meeting started badly and never got much better. You can't win with just one Heat leader riding well - Wright was as excelllent as usual but Barker had his worst home meeting in a very long time and MPT is a pale shadow of the rider who rode so well as a visiting rider here over the years. Stewart picked up after a slow start and the reserves battled.Hope Tom isn't to badly hurt.

Still some cracking racing (a lot of it by the visitors) and it least we get some entertainment. Results like this will happen to this Bears team because we have a very fair and good race track.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3

A fantastic speedway meeting. 

Some very close racing for (I thought) a massive crowd.Plenty of friendly Lions fans who were rewarded when their riders came out to celebrate with them after the racing had finished.

• Like 1

Great crowd some excellent racing and 4 points for the lions happy days.

I agree Perks was lucky to get back in heat one too.

4 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Great crowd some excellent racing and 4 points for the lions happy days.

I agree Perks was lucky to get back in heat one too.

Agree. Perks went  down on his own. Very surprised it was all four back.

c

Bears just couldn't find their gating gloves and were out battled on the night by a very solid looking Leicester side. Heat 1 had two bad decisions in my view with firstly Perks going down on turn 1 without contact and getting a all 4 and then Nicholls taking Bacons leg going into bend 3. Nicholls said sorry to Bacon but it was Bacons exclusion light that came on.

Take nothing away from Leicester though, they gated very well and raced brilliantly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsy29 said:

Bears just couldn't find their gating gloves and were out battled on the night by a very solid looking Leicester side. Heat 1 had two bad decisions in my view with firstly Perks going down on turn 1 without contact and getting a all 4 and then Nicholls taking Bacons leg going into bend 3. Nicholls said sorry to Bacon but it was Bacons exclusion light that came on.

Take nothing away from Leicester though, they gated very well and raced brilliantly. 

Sounds like a standard Peter Clarke meeting, just make it up as he goes along. :party:

• Like 1