British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton Wolves and Wolves v Belle Vue Monday 22nd April Premiership Supporters Cup

No surprise a Wolves thread and the usual ‘crashes’ comment appears. 

Some people can’t help themselves. Boring AF. 

Crashes happen at every track, shock horror. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If we ride as we did against Peterborough at home I can see Wolves capilalising and getting a double, I didn't feel we were convincing at all. Dan will struggle at Monmore as he's still feeling his way back and Jaimon has to learn the away tracks so wolves should be comfortable at home. Will settle for a good home win. 

How are wolves still allowed R/R for Morris when he hasn't turned a wheel for them. Is it a new rule this year that a facility is granted

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

How are wolves still allowed R/R for Morris when he hasn't turned a wheel for them. Is it a new rule this year that a facility is granted

Yup. Ruled changed a few years ago. All in the rulebook.

• Like 1

Is it R/R for Morris?  The BV site lists him as riding. They are stronger with him riding in my opinion.  Could be tight but if Dan can score 8 or 9 and Jaimon 6 or 7 I feel we will be ok.  Looks like it will be a big crowd.

37 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It’s discretionary, basically Peter Adams asked CVS and he said it was ok. 

It’s not always given as I know of one rider who - should he have not ridden straight away - R/R was denied. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

No surprise a Wolves thread and the usual ‘crashes’ comment appears. 

Some people can’t help themselves. Boring AF. 

It's got to be safer than Pooles last home meeting  ;)

Rumour has it Morris has flew back home 

15 hours ago, stevebrum said:

True, but the NSS is so wide (particularly the bends) that they are less likely. 

At the NL meetings over the weekend, there was just one faller at Belle Vue compared to 4 at Mildenhall and 7 at Plymouth.

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

True, but the NSS is so wide (particularly the bends) that they are less likely. 

At the NL meetings over the weekend, there was just one faller at Belle Vue compared to 4 at Mildenhall and 7 at Plymouth.

Yes we all are aware of that and Aces fans are very lucky to have it but the rest of us don't and some like to keep reminding us that there track is better than ours especially some people who have an anti Wolves agenda.I am not a Wolves fan but i have always enjoyed my trips to Monmore and will continue to do so.

• Like 4

Should be a comfortable home win for the Aces and I fancy they may get within 6 at Monmore if Bjerre carries on as he's started, definitely their top rider so far in my view. 

9 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Rumour has it Morris has flew back home 

Would save having to drop him anyway when Thorsell returns. Never rated him and seems to have lost it mentally. Still, nothing surprises me and he could be back in a Pirates race jacket before long :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Would save having to drop him anyway when Thorsell returns. Never rated him and seems to have lost it mentally. Still, nothing surprises me and he could be back in a Pirates race jacket before long :D

Yes please!!! :t:

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes we all are aware of that and Aces fans are very lucky to have it but the rest of us don't and some like to keep reminding us that there track is better than ours especially some people who have an anti Wolves agenda.I am not a Wolves fan but i have always enjoyed my trips to Monmore and will continue to do so.

In fairness it’s only 1 or 2 people (or multiple aliases) that spoil threads with that comment.

Anyhow, let’s hope for 2 great matches with bumper crowds at both tracks, both renowned for preparing brilliant racing surfaces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

In fairness it’s only 1 or 2 people (or multiple aliases) that spoil threads with that comment.

Anyhow, let’s hope for 2 great matches with bumper crowds at both tracks, both renowned for preparing brilliant racing surfaces.

There will be 2 bumper crowd and there will be 2 well prepared surfaces.

But only 1 will provide top racing.

And I've just left it.

• Haha 1