British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton Wolves and Wolves v Belle Vue Monday 22nd April Premiership Supporters Cup

2 minutes ago, acef said:

I see the snowflakes are out in force.

Soft. The lot of you.

Not sure you would have the same opinion if it was you having the crash! 

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I couldn’t believe that anyone would write something like that unless I saw it with my own eyes. Shocking. :rolleyes:

Absolutely shocking! Horrendous post

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure you would have the same opinion if it was you having the crash! 

Been there. Done it.

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think the way to get over this is to have no crashes at all.A crash don't help anyone,especially someone who has just got over a bad crash.

That really is subjective and depends on the rider and the point of view.

15 minutes ago, acef said:

Been there. Done it.

Did you bang your head, that would explain a lot .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, acef said:

3rd ride today made me feel a lot better about him. He was fence crawling and looked like Dan pre the crash.

I still think he needs a pearler though. He will be fine at the nss on a big fair, and safe track.

Away is the block and I think a crash will help him get past it, he needs to know his body will stand up to an accident and there is only 1 way to do that, and that's to have an accident 

what a crazy thing to say have  a accident well the mind boggles !!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Did you bang your head, that would explain a lot .....

Given I've highlighted that I've been there and done it, that would suggest that I've come off a speedway bike. 

So for me, that makes it a pretty disrespectful comment given you dont know the outcome of what happened.

For all you know I could well have had a serious head injury.

As it happens, I didn't, but that's immaterial.

The usual cronies are giving the likes out and said people are just as bad.

Yet again on this forum I have presented a fair point of view, not out of the ordinary, and have been vilified for it.

This forum has gone down and down and down for a number of years and its mostly because of people like yourself who cant tolerate another angle.

I've been involved in speedway for a number of years and can tell you directly that menatalty plays a huge part, especially after big crashes when your half made of metal. A lot of riders I've come across are terrified of another accident and some have stopped riding before it happened, but many have found the best recovery in actually falling off again without being hurt. What that does is put the demons to rest and can restore confidence in many riders.

I'm not suggesting that Dan actively wants to fall. I'm saying it may well be the best thing for him right now.

That view isn't out there. It's perfectly reasonable and I'm talking from my own experience and from a number of riders I have come to know over the years.

I'll leave it there.

Big crowd, lovely weather, cracking meeting :approve:

Highlight for me was Bewley's win over Masters in heat 11, a huge effort for 4 laps and just got past on the inside. Big shout for Wells, too. Struggled a bit recently but was impressive today.

Usual excellent presentation with Chase the Ace going nuts  :approve:

Another shout for Andy Meredith, superb race track and the only noticeable dust was in heat 15. 

Just now, acef said:

Christ your simple.

speechless like many others have commented !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geoff58 said:

speechless like many others have commented !!

No. Your just really simple. It's too complex for you to understand because your world is black and white.

I have no issue with that, but it's not going help you when debating in this type of conversation.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Christ your simple.

So you don't like what you feel is a disrespectful comment made to you.And then you come out with that comment above to geoff58

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acef said:

No. Your just really simple. It's too complex for you to understand because your world is black and white.

I have no issue with that, but it's not going help you when debating in this type of conversation.

really wishing a rider to have a accident to restore is confidence :rofl: i'll leave at that  i'm setting off for wolves hoping they are NO accidents for ANY rider !!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Big crowd, lovely weather, cracking meeting :approve:

Highlight for me was Bewley's win over Masters in heat 11, a huge effort for 4 laps and just got past on the inside. Big shout for Wells, too. Struggled a bit recently but was impressive today.

Usual excellent presentation with Chase the Ace going nuts  :approve:

Another shout for Andy Meredith, superb race track and the only noticeable dust was in heat 15. 

I actually missed Bewley's pass of Masters as was watching Lidsey & Howarth side by side behind.

Just now, geoff58 said:

really wishing a rider to have a accident to restore is confidence :rofl: i'll leave at that  i'm setting off for wolves hoping they are NO accidents for ANY rider !!

I'm not wishing an accident on any rider.

Haven't done at any point.

So please, stop putting words into my mouth and grow the extra brain cell you require to help you understand the context of what I'm saying.

Just now, Rob B said:

I actually missed Bewley's pass of Masters as was watching Lidsey & Howarth side by side behind.

Had that many times at the NSS. Just shows what fantastic race track it is.