British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton Wolves and Wolves v Belle Vue Monday 22nd April Premiership Supporters Cup

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So you don't like what you feel is a disrespectful comment made to you.And then you come out with that comment above to geoff58

some Aces fan lol  defo not a speedway fan wishing a rider a accident :o

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So you don't like what you feel is a disrespectful comment made to you.And then you come out with that comment above to geoff58

You have missed the post directly above this one haven't you?

You must have, because I quite clearly said I had no problem with his simplicity.

Based on this miss I'm guessing your just as simple.

1 minute ago, geoff58 said:

some Aces fan lol  defo not a speedway fan wishing a rider a accident :o

For the 2nd time, I have not suggested that anywhere 

You are the starman of bv fans. I'll stop engaging here with you because you just have the mental capacity to understand it all.

Just now, Pinny said:

Its a shame that your accident didnt result in your head being removed from the rest of your body. 

You really are a w@nker .

And the personal abuse starts to roll. Welcome to the bsf!

The last one that did that was reported and had the post removed.

I'll do the same for you.

Cheers 

1 minute ago, acef said:

I'm not wishing an accident on any rider.

Haven't done at any point.

So please, stop putting words into my mouth and grow the extra brain cell you require to help you understand the context of what I'm saying.

laughable !! so where is the reply to others who have commented on your sad post ?? i'm not the only one who think's its laughable !!

59 minutes ago, acef said:

I see the snowflakes are out in force.

Soft. The lot of you.

or not got a screw loose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, acef said:

Cheers 

I wont sleep tonight knowing that .

2 minutes ago, acef said:

Cheers 

please feel free to post when someone agrees with your pathetic post !! i won't hold my breath waiting :rofl:

laughable !! so where is the reply to others who have commented on your sad post ?? i'm not the only one who think's its laughable !!

Many think its laughable but that's just a clear indictment of the state of these boards today.

It's a shadow of its former self.

At no point have I wished injury. At no point have I said Dan wants to crash or that I would like him too.

Once again, some people just fail to grasp the concept of reading between the lines.

• Like 2

Just now, Pinny said:

I wont sleep tonight knowing that 

Excellent stuff.

please feel free to post when someone agrees with your pathetic post !! i won't hold my breath waiting :rofl:

I'm absolutely certain nobody will.

However, I literally couldn't care less. I dont post to appease the masses because I'm a grown up now.

I've shared an opinion and have again been called names etc etc.

Why people dont just engage in fair debate is beyond me.

1 hour ago, acef said:

I see the snowflakes are out in force.

Soft. The lot of you.

IF you ask any rider whether he wants to crash the answer would be no. Some of the most innocuous crashes turn out to be the worst. Having said that, I get the drift of your argument. It is often said of soccer players coming back from a bad injury that once they survive a tough tackle unscathed, psychologically it helps. But soccer tackles don't involve something as unpredictable and potentially dangerous as a speedway bike. And the surface of a speedway track is a great deal harder than grass.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

I'm absolutely certain nobody will.

However, I literally couldn't care less. I dont post to appease the masses because I'm a grown up now.

I've shared an opinion and have again been called names etc etc.

Why people dont just engage in fair debate is beyond me.

I would suggest you just leave it...

You are not going to convince those who don't agree..

For what it's worth (ie not much), I do understand your sentiments..

When I played football I bust my ankle and for approx 3 games on my return I barely made a tackle due to my concern there could be further damage, (even though physio and all medical team who had helped in my recovery said it was fine)...

Fourth game in, I had no choice but to instinctively take a 50/50 on and won the ball but got 'nailed'..

Best thing that could have happened to me as after some 'magic sponge' treatment (when did that stop fixing every ailment in football by the way?) I was up and about and flying in like nothing had happened...

Coming back from injury can be a very mental thing to fix as you say...

You do sometimes have to test your body out to convince yourself you are OK. ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF you ask any rider whether he wants to crash the answer would be no. Some of the most innocuous crashes turn out to be the worst. Having said that, I get the drift of your argument. It is often said of soccer players coming back from a bad injury that once they survive a tough tackle unscathed, psychologically it helps. But soccer tackles don't involve something as unpredictable and potentially dangerous as a speedway bike. And the surface of a speedway track is a great deal harder than grass.

The circumstances are very different, totally understand that. It's why I'm trying to get across the point that I dont wish injury. It needs to be a crash you walk away from.

The best thing that happened to me after my first crash, and I hurt myself, was crashing again.

And for the reason you have highlighted. It was in my head. I walked away from the 2nd crash but I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted.

Thank you for engaging me sensibly I appreciate it in a sea of people who just want to fight.

I  thought it was a decent meeting but two and a half hours is far too long for fifteen races.