British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton Wolves and Wolves v Belle Vue Monday 22nd April Premiership Supporters Cup

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

More like 2 and a quarter.

The delay at heat 15 was annoying but the track grading and watering was fine with me...………..then again, I was at Sheffield yesterday. 

No I looked at my watch it was nearly two and a half hours and the bowser mainly came out during the normal grading breaks.. there was too much time wasted between heats.

37 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Luke Becker looks like he could well be the signing of the season. Showing great promise ...

I was looking at his points a few mins ago, and was thinking the same thing. Looking a bargain on a 4.00.

Looks like it was the Bjerre and Worrall show for the Aces tonight.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

Also if there is a delay, the suffering public should be informed why; instead of the usual nothing...

Edited by Icicle

1 hour ago, lastword said:

Thanks Rob for that information.

I'm currently at home hours after the meeting and would have appreciated knowing that when I was stood watching. Maybe I missed it but I don't recall any announcement at the track explaining that.

But irrespective of the reason and whether I missed any announcement (?)................I am more concerned how any newbies in the crowd would have reacted to the long delay.  Like you I'll be there next week and every week after until my legs finally give out but any newcomers might not be. 

They did announce it

That’s the most I’ve enjoyed a meeting at Monmore for decades though with no pressure you could enjoy the track for what it is. 

Heat 3 and 11 even with the white line advantage were still great as riders were all over the place in these heats trying to gain an advantage. 

It had a really fun feel to it similar to my trips down the M6 to Telford and the laughs that provided. Max made me giggle. 

Becker’s one to watch and him and Wolves is a match made in heaven, he’ll make them unbeatable at home this year. 

Surprised we won on aggregate with the way we rode this evening   , not that it mattered as the place in the final is booked. Bring it on. 

Two sets of Happy fans leaving the stadium, not often that happens. 

5 hours ago, acef said:

The circumstances are very different, totally understand that. It's why I'm trying to get across the point that I dont wish injury. It needs to be a crash you walk away from.

The best thing that happened to me after my first crash, and I hurt myself, was crashing again.

And for the reason you have highlighted. It was in my head. I walked away from the 2nd crash but I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted.

Thank you for engaging me sensibly I appreciate it in a sea of people who just want to fight.

Just so you know, some of us knew exactly what you meant.others don't read posts properly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Probably as expected results for both sides. Aces kept things close early on at Monmore so a great home win in the end for Wolves, Becker yet again proving why virtually every team wanted to sign him pre season. Another great show from Luke. 

Hopefully there will be no trolling of falls as well.

As predicted, 2 great meetings played out to big bank holiday crowds. Both tracks delivering the good again.

Edited by stevebrum
Added information
  • Like 1

2 great meetings racing wise. Well done all 13 riders  enjoyed that 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Christ what on earth is wrong with you? You seem to have issues and seem a very angry individual. Absolutely no need to be calling people “simple”, none whatsoever. 

No anger. No issues. 

If it seems that way to you, perhaps you should reevaluate how you make judgments of people because you couldn't be further from the truth.

8 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

No I looked at my watch it was nearly two and a half hours and the bowser mainly came out during the normal grading breaks.. there was too much time wasted between heats.

I'd certainly usually be of the opinion that two hours is the maximum time for a meeting. Yesterday, though, given superb weather, good company, a cracking meeting and absolutely no reason to get home promptly it didn't seem to matter much. Better than a freezing cold midweek meeting when you have to get up for work the next day. 

Having said that, the delay at heat 15 - which caused much of the damage - was apparently due to a squabble over the line up. Given that Belle Vue's place in the PSC final was assured by then, it should never had happened because it made no difference who was riding.

There was a lot more watering than normal. Andy Meredith told me that he intended to water after every two heats (he did the same at the Colts meeting on Friday) and after heat 4 did just that. If he hadn't, we would have had a dustbowl and it was only because he was unaware of the daft heat 15 delay that we got the dust in that race.

Better a few minutes more on the clock than being covered in crap and unable to see the racing (that's precisely what happened at Sheffield the day before and they have been savagely criticised for it). 

To give Belle Vue credit,  Neil Drummond did announce why there was a delay and Chase the Ace was thrown into the breach to keep the crowd entertained. At many places, neither the announcement nor the floor show would have happened. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

There really is no justification for delays due to some technical point.

The fans should always come first.

That is going much too far. This is not Wonderland ( the Alice in type ) where anything is possible. Hence so many have walked away because they are very rarely considered.

12 hours ago, Rob B said:

The delay to heat 15 was due to Peter Adams arguing with the referee about riders eligible for heat 15.

No, the delay would have been due to the referee. He is in control, not Peter Adams.

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I'd certainly usually be of the opinion that two hours is the maximum time for a meeting. Yesterday, though, given superb weather, good company, a cracking meeting and absolutely no reason to get home promptly it didn't seem to matter much. Better than a freezing cold midweek meeting when you have to get up for work the next day. 

Having said that, the delay at heat 15 - which caused much of the damage - was apparently due to a squabble over the line up. Given that Belle Vue's place in the PSC final was assured by then, it should never had happened because it made no difference who was riding.

There was a lot more watering than normal. Andy Meredith told me that he intended to water after every two heats (he did the same at the Colts meeting on Friday) and after heat 4 did just that. If he hadn't, we would have had a dustbowl and it was only because he was unaware of the daft heat 15 delay that we got the dust in that race.

Better a few minutes more on the clock than being covered in crap and unable to see the racing (that's precisely what happened at Sheffield the day before and they have been savagely criticised for it). 

To give Belle Vue credit,  Neil Drummond did announce why there was a delay and Chase the Ace was thrown into the breach to keep the crowd entertained. At many places, neither the announcement nor the floor show would have happened. 

For the record the Scunthorpe v Sheffield meeting was run in similar circumstances  and was done and dusted in one hour twenty five minutes. they got on with the racing before the track had time to dry out.    Don`t think they watered at Sheffield because the home riders weren`t delivering the goods on the watered track. the racing improved when the track became dusty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

No, the delay would have been due to the referee. He is in control, not Peter Adams.

It depends which you think is worse, a 20min delay whilst things are sorted or just send the two Aces out to ride around unopposed. I think the right decision was made and by clearing it up with Adams it would hopefully stop it happening again.