British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton Wolves and Wolves v Belle Vue Monday 22nd April Premiership Supporters Cup

1 hour ago, ouch said:

It depends which you think is worse, a 20min delay whilst things are sorted or just send the two Aces out to ride around unopposed. I think the right decision was made and by clearing it up with Adams it would hopefully stop it happening again. 

It doesn't matter what was worse, the delay was with the referee.

Certainly takes the sting out of all these complaints we get on here about the length of time meetings take to run. Belle Vue like many other clubs have been wrongly accused when all the time it was the refs at fault. 

Now we know where the issue lies, solving it shouldn’t be a problem. Many fans mistakenly thought it was a multitude of issues but thankfully that’s not the case. 

1 hour ago, ouch said:

It depends which you think is worse, a 20min delay whilst things are sorted or just send the two Aces out to ride around unopposed. I think the right decision was made and by clearing it up with Adams it would hopefully stop it happening again. 

So what was the prob with riders chosen for ht 15 , 2 out of 3 ht leaders or top 2 scores from prog rides without bonus it ?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

For the record the Scunthorpe v Sheffield meeting was run in similar circumstances  and was done and dusted in one hour twenty five minutes. they got on with the racing before the track had time to dry out.    Don`t think they watered at Sheffield because the home riders weren`t delivering the goods on the watered track. the racing improved when the track became dusty.

Scunthorpe didn't have rider replacement, an interval, a heat 14 vote or an argument over riders. Had that been the case, they would have been well over 2 hours and had a dust bowl, and as Bewitcher has accurately stated delay is often substantially down to the referee. The racing did improve later on at Sheffield(if you  could see it) but that hasn't cut much ice with those who have stated they will not go again due to the state of both the track and their clothes. I doubt that anyone who went yesterday and saw an excellent meeting with no dust will have the same thoughts. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Scunthorpe didn't have rider replacement, an interval, a heat 14 vote or an argument over riders. Had that been the case, they would have been well over 2 hours and had a dust bowl, and as Bewitcher has accurately stated delay is often substantially down to the referee. The racing did improve later on at Sheffield(if you  could see it) but that hasn't cut much ice with those who have stated they will not go again due to the state of both the track and their clothes. I doubt that anyone who went yesterday and saw an excellent meeting with no dust will have the same thoughts. 

There was plenty of dust at Belle Vue it blew down towards the pits exactly as it did last year and in one race the riders couldn`t see coming out of bend four.   The referee was to blame for it running so long he was prompted several times by the announcer to put the two minutes on.  my arguement is that two and a half hours to run a meeting is unacceptable. 

The bottom line is that any newbies in the crowd almost certainly wouldn't have a clue, or care less about officials squabbling over some rules and regulations. 

All they would know is that for 20 minutes they are staring at an empty track with nothing happening. 

Imagine a football match having a 20 minute break in the middle of it while some clash over the rules is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dornier fixer said:

There was plenty of dust at Belle Vue it blew down towards the pits exactly as it did last year and in one race the riders couldn`t see coming out of bend four.   The referee was to blame for it running so long he was prompted several times by the announcer to put the two minutes on.  my arguement is that two and a half hours to run a meeting is unacceptable. 

Don't talk rubbish, there was virtually no dust. The tiny amount of dust in the last couple of heats due to the delays was normal for any track starting to dry out. Complete over exageration saying riders couldn't see.You can't find anything to criticise about the racing so make this crap up.

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

The bottom line is that any newbies in the crowd almost certainly wouldn't have a clue, or care less about officials squabbling over some rules and regulations. 

All they would know is that for 20 minutes they are staring at an empty track with nothing happening. 

Imagine a football match having a 20 minute break in the middle of it while some clash over the rules is going on.

The 20 minute delay wasn't ideal but I can't believe such a big deal is being made of it. Instead of writing about the great racing lets all complain about a 20 minute delay .As others have said, it wasn't raining, it wasnt cold, it was a beautiful sunny day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Don't talk rubbish, there was virtually no dust. The tiny amount of dust in the last couple of heats due to the delays was normal for any track starting to dry out. Complete over exageration saying riders couldn't see.You can't find anything to criticise about the racing so make this crap up.

The 20 minute delay wasn't ideal but I can't believe such a big deal is being made of it. Instead of writing about the great racing lets all complain about a 20 minute delay .As others have said, it wasn't raining, it wasnt cold, it was a beautiful sunny day. 

29 minutes ago, Rob B said:

You need to go to specsavers

There certainly was not enough dust to obscure anyone's view,  I sit in the grandstand and could see perfectly.  It is ridiculous to suggest that riders could not see coming out of bed four, simply ridiculous.  Really can't understand your comments.  

• Like 3

where were you at the dog track watching stock cars :rofl: in the words jim royle dust my arse :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

Most laughable post I've read on here.  Keep it up

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

You need to go to specsavers

You should take your own advice.

4 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

Agree.  Two hours max no matter how hot and dry the weather is.   No excuse for running this long. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Most laughable post I've read on here.  Keep it up

do you think taking 150 minutes to see just over 15 minutes of racing is OK ?