British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton Wolves and Wolves v Belle Vue Monday 22nd April Premiership Supporters Cup

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

do you think taking 150 minutes to see just over 15 minutes of racing is OK ?

Yesterday was probably the longest match we have had at the NSS. 98% of the time were done for 9pm and I'm home for half 9.  The 20 minute delay before heat 15 was not the fault of belle vue though. 

And what I was on about was the dust and riders being blinded. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dornier fixer said:

There was plenty of dust at Belle Vue it blew down towards the pits exactly as it did last year and in one race the riders couldn`t see coming out of bend four.   The referee was to blame for it running so long he was prompted several times by the announcer to put the two minutes on.  my arguement is that two and a half hours to run a meeting is unacceptable. 

'Plenty of dust' is what they had at Poole on Friday and Sheffield on Sunday. It means that spectators clothes were covered and viewing was obscured.

With the possible exception of heat 15, that simply wasn't the case at Belle Vue on Monday where it was minimal at worst. It is certainly indicative that there is not one single post on here, the Belle Vue facebook page or anywhere else complaining about it. 

As a hardened speedway fan,  I think meetings should be finished in two hours.  Had this been a midweek match on a freezing  night with work the following day I would have been the first to complain, but it wasn't.  

The thing is the time taken to run a meeting is only relevant to the sport if it deters any paying customer from attending again. Given the overall package offered by the Aces on Monday - the quality of the racing, the superb presentation, pricing etc - coupled with the excellent weather, I don't think one single person would have been put off. In fact, I'd say quite the opposite.

Taking also into account the excellent Colts meeting on Friday, I'd say Belle Vue are getting close to Isle of Wight standards for customer focus and that's a massive step in the right direction. 

All this compares sharply with the comments on facebook about Sheffield on Sunday (a meeting that took 45 minutes less) and the anger displayed on the 3rd/4th bends where I was standing. The dreadful standard of that meeting plus the appalling state of the track will be a disaster for them where future attendances are concerned. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, coldace said:

There certainly was not enough dust to obscure anyone's view,  I sit in the grandstand and could see perfectly.  It is ridiculous to suggest that riders could not see coming out of bed four, simply ridiculous.  Really can't understand your comments.  

So now we know it wasn't the ref, it wasn't the non existent dust, it was getting the riders out of their beds.:D. Sorry I couldn't resist that.

Good spot, that'll teach me not to post before checking!:)

• Like 1

Great to see some cracking racing this week from Wolves and Ipswich on social media.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Great to see some cracking racing this week from Wolves and Ipswich on social media.

And both times its passing of max fricke. Lol

Becker looked good at the NSS, so he's obviously not a 1 track pony, some good youngsters coming through the ranks, pity the support from new younger fans is not there.

Come on Promoters Save Our Speedway

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

And both times its passing of max fricke. Lol

Oh yeah! Poor Max!

With regard to the Belle Vue meeting my original post stated that I thought two and a half hours was too long for a meeting to run it was then that halifaxtiger

popped his head up to say that it was two hour fifteen minutes and he thought it was acceptable as the track was watered regularly which meant there was NO dust.

In actual fact I looked at my watch as I stood up to go as the last rider crossed the line it was two twenty five.   I never said there was clouds of dust but to say

there was NO dust at all is totally incorrect. anybody stood on bend one would have needed a bath when they got home.  there was one race near the end where

the riders who were in close contention to the leader on bend four were unable to see for a millisecond.   Hope that clears it up.

• Confused 1