British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches • Easter Monday

Decent performance by Robins, riders still working out the best lines. Harris & Heeps were the two standouts for the Witches. Heeps looks like a completely different rider, his win over Doyle was very impressive. I thought James Shanes looked faster than Zach, who is still suffering from either machinery or confidence. David Bellego was dire for the visitors surprisingly. Dawid Lampart was a revelation compared to his performance from last week. 

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is it better than the old track? 

A massive improvement. Even in the races where there are no passes the riders don't seem to be as spaced out. Bomber liked the new place!! Best I've seen him ride at Swindon in years.

Edited by thecoombdog

We only have 1 heat leader and he was unbeaten by an opponent in his last 4 rides

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich heat leaders flop again 

Whereas the Ipswich reserves were much better than their counterparts.  It’s the way the two teams have been assembled and to be fair, any team’s heat leaders would struggle against the Robins top 3 at home.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Decent performance by Robins, riders still working out the best lines. Harris & Heeps were the two standouts for the Witches. Heeps looks like a completely different rider, his win over Doyle was very impressive. I thought James Shanes looked faster than Zach, who is still suffering from either machinery or confidence. David Bellego was dire for the visitors surprisingly. Dawid Lampart was a revelation compared to his performance from last week. 

Yep. Keep reading Speedway Updates. :)

• Like 2

Is the referee’s box obscured, or does Ronnie Allen need a Specsavers appointment? Some absolute shockers. King 5 lengths clear in one heat but still didn’t help him! 

Decent effort from top 5. Reserves again below par but Shanes did show some gating ability, which is promising. White Knight looks v. tentative.

Harris confounded my earlier comment with some decent gating and passes. Heeps rode a stormer to keep Doyle at bay and he looked a different rider than the one I saw last season.

I hope Rosco is watching the second half. There is one to be signed immediately! Not seen a young rider attack the track like that since I saw young Darcy.

Edited by theblueboy

This competition favours top heavy teams with the reserves only getting 3 programmed rides and the top 4 riders in the last 2 heats.  Ipswich put up a decent show considering although there were multiple anticipated starts towards the end.

Track is a big improvement and should up the entertainment significantly although all I could see were the 1st and 2nd bends pulled in about 15 metres.  Have the gates been moved back?

2 minutes ago, chun said:

This competition favours top heavy teams with the reserves only getting 3 programmed rides and the top 4 riders in the last 2 heats.  Ipswich put up a decent show considering although there were multiple anticipated starts towards the end.

Track is a big improvement and should up the entertainment significantly although all I could see were the 1st and 2nd bends pulled in about 15 metres.  Have the gates been moved back?

The track has been widened as well, a metre taken in on the straights & also in bends 3 & 4. Starting gate was moved about 5 metre back I would guess. 

11 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Bomber was class tonight.

Batchelor didn’t see him coming 

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

The track has been widened as well, a metre taken in on the straights & also in bends 3 & 4. Starting gate was moved about 5 metre back I would guess. 

Whatever has been done seems to have worked.  A new stadium would have been nice but I’ll take exciting racing over that any day of the week.

• Like 1