British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches • Easter Monday

24 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Is the referee’s box obscured, or does Ronnie Allen need a Specsavers appointment? Some absolute shockers. King 5 lengths clear in one heat but still didn’t help him! 

Decent effort from top 5. Reserves again below par but Shanes did show some gating ability, which is promising. White Knight looks v. tentative.

Harris confounded my earlier comment with some decent gating and passes. Heeps rode a stormer to keep Doyle at bay and he looked a different rider than the one I saw last season.

I hope Rosco is watching the second half. There is one to be signed immediately! Not seen a young rider attack the track like that since I saw young Darcy.

What was the second half meeting ?  and who is this young rider you speak of ?

6 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

What was the second half meeting ?  and who is this young rider you speak of ?

A development meeting between Reading and Isle of Wight.

Chad Wirtzfeld. 15 point max and won one heat by nearly half a track. A rider of some potential. There was another rider, who was not far behind  CW but I’m not sure if it was Norris or Sealey.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

I was at the meeting idiot 

No, you weren’t.

5 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

A development meeting between Reading and Isle of Wight.

Chad Wirtzfeld. 15 point max and won one heat by nearly half a track. A rider of some potential. There was another rider, who was not far behind  CW but I’m not sure if it was Norris or Sealey.

Oh nice one yeah i have heard his name he is starting his first season at reserve foe the iow this year ,i will keep my eye open for him and no doubt get to see him a few times at Perry Barr as we have the Bulls and Mk Knights riding there this season.. 

Is there many hang around to watch the second half's? at Perry Barr its around 20% roughly.

What are the rules now with respect to anticipating the start?  Is it referee discretion?  I counted about 4 or 5 heats that could have been pulled back.  Maybe riders are chancing it judging by the 3 or so broken tapes we saw.

Good crowd, weather and racing. Bomber was class tonight, some great passing. Bellego disappointing.Ippo reserves far better, but very strong top 5 for Swindon. Lampost should have been Robins man of the match.Good to see most of crowd stayed for second half.

• Like 1

A very entertaining night, and I liked the changes to the track. A definite improvement.

Fairly comfortable for Swindon, despite some super fast gating from the Witches. Some of the starts looked like flyers, they were so fast, but, to be fair to the ref, the only real movement was from Lampart and that was pulled back for a restart.

I prefer seeing races left if there is no clear jovement and, in most cases, the Robins managed to get past so it meant for much better entertainment that 5 races getting stopped on lap one.

15 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Oh nice one yeah i have heard his name he is starting his first season at reserve foe the iow this year ,i will keep my eye open for him and no doubt get to see him a few times at Perry Barr as we have the Bulls and Mk Knights riding there this season.. 

Is there many hang around to watch the second half's? at Perry Barr its around 20% roughly.

Gated, and went. Very tidy and is from the grass track scene. 

I would say around 300+ that stayed behind. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chun said:

What are the rules now with respect to anticipating the start?  Is it referee discretion?  I counted about 4 or 5 heats that could have been pulled back.  Maybe riders are chancing it judging by the 3 or so broken tapes we saw.

Either Pieszczek is the new Bob Kilby or Ronnie wasn't watching the starts

55 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Adam started as a reserve on the IOW, jeez. It seems like years ago 

Haven’t been to Swindon for quite a few years but I think when the tracks settles and a few patches sorted it will be a decent track. Some good races tonight, not many passes on first two bends but that is the new part of the track.

Onto Ipswich they got better as the meeting went on, well some did. I’m glad we have decent reserves as they were the only ones scoring early in the meeting. Bomber was superb after falling asleep at the gate in heat one. David Bellego said he wanted to move to a smaller track, maybe he should’ve stayed at Swindon as it is a small track now and he was absolute pants. Danny still seems to be lacking speed. Kristian after hitting the tapes in his first race improved and did his job. Lawson not at the races.

Don't know how Batchelor got man of the meeting, should’ve been Lampart.

Now to wait for Thursday for the return fixture to see how Swindon cope with our little track.

I really enjoyed the meeting and i believe the track will improve as time goes on.Doyley his pass later on in the meeting on bend two was breathtaking great stuff.Lampart/Heeps were the riders that shone for me Heeps was impressive aggressive and looked an entirely different rider who lost to Jack Smith last year.Harris rolled back the the years and Ipswich really surprised me later on young Wirtzfield looks a proper prospect for the Isle of Wight he has a bright future.