British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches • Easter Monday

On 4/20/2019 at 10:27 AM, Gavan said:

Cant see us getting to much from this as Swindon are my favourites for the league.....only 1 change will make them unstoppable in my opinion

Doyle Batch and Tobi are good for around 35 points a meeting so it doesnt need to much from other riders to win a match

Hoping our reserve duo might outscore the Swindon reserves by around 8-10 points which might give us some hope

Lets hope Kurtz has a good day as he is very inconsistent will score anywhere from 6-12

12 point win for the home side for me

For the benefit of Skidder here was my post about the match 

Said Swindon’s heat leaders were good for about 35 points .... it was 32

Said our reserves would outscore Swindon’s by 8-10 points .... it was 11

Said 12 point win for the home side....... spot on

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You should have a bet ;)

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

You like coming on here blowing smoke out your arse every time you get a prediction right, be nice if you came on saying how wrong you were every time you make a wrong prediction?

For an ipswich fan to go on how you do is embarrasing, when was the last time Ipswich won a major trophy? Its a shame you dont spend as much time on Ipswich threads rather than Pooles .

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

What happened last Thursday Badge?

Although I didn't see it, apparently he wasn't happy being replaced by Cameron. 

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

Although I didn't see it, apparently he wasn't happy being replaced by Cameron. 

Well that’s not a good sign. He should understand that underperforming second strings get replaced by in form reserves, that’s the way it works. 

He can make sure he’s not replaced in future by doing much better and scoring more points! 

We seem to have a good team spirit this year from the outside looking in, would be a shame if there’s one bad apple in there throwing a strop every time he gets replaced. 

IF there is any truth in it, maybe Baldy's suggestion isn’t a bad one, early season or not. 

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well that’s not a good sign. He should understand that underperforming second strings get replaced by in form reserves, that’s the way it works. 

He can make sure he’s not replaced in future by doing much better and scoring more points! 

We seem to have a good team spirit this year from the outside looking in, would be a shame if there’s one bad apple in there throwing a strop every time he gets replaced. 

IF there is any truth in it, maybe Baldy's suggestion isn’t a bad one, early season or not. 

To be fair to Bellego he had scored 4+1 after three rides, the same as Rory and the match was pretty much won. I would have thought the lad needed races at Foxhall tbh. Seems that Hawkins golfing buddies are getting preferential treatment, not sure that's good for team spirit...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He didn't make sure on the Swindon meeting,,,, big fat zero

Personally I only see his average going one way,, and that's down,, so in my mind it's stupid to wait for that to happen.   I am one that believes in being pro active if you want success. 

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

You like coming on here blowing smoke out your arse every time you get a prediction right, be nice if you came on saying how wrong you were every time you make a wrong prediction?

For an ipswich fan to go on how you do is embarrasing, when was the last time Ipswich won a major trophy? Its a shame you dont spend as much time on Ipswich threads rather than Pooles .

ah bless you

Im not worried about Ipswich winning a major trophy im more concerned that my club keep running and that the sport survives

I have been on the Ipswich threads quite a bit thanks,

Skidder mentioned i hadnt said much on this thread.............hadnt made excuses for Ipswich being beat.......i was merely pointing out i expected us to get beat as proved by my prediction what else was there to say.....

I do ok with predictions thanks .....got it spot on about Pooles flaky Poles last year...........and have said that Worrall will leave there soon.

Edited by Gavan

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

To be fair to Bellego he had scored 4+1 after three rides, the same as Rory and the match was pretty much won. I would have thought the lad needed races at Foxhall tbh. Seems that Hawkins golfing buddies are getting preferential treatment, not sure that's good for team spirit...

Fair point and it’s difficult to disagree with your last point in particular. 

Thats why every man and his dog knew that both King and Heeps were certain starters in whatever division we found ourselves in. 

As it’s turned out retaining Heeps was a good call (so far), but he was a lucky boy to be given another chance  

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You should have a bet ;)

Tell me about it lol

I fully expect Swindon to win the league this season.

Would be nice if we at Ipswich could prove a few people wrong and get in the top 4 but Swindon and Belle Vue and Wolves look like being 3 of the teams and then could be a straight fight between Ipswich and Lynn for the other spot....................................unless Poole make 13 changes again 

46 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Tell me about it lol

I fully expect Swindon to win the league this season.

Would be nice if we at Ipswich could prove a few people wrong and get in the top 4 but Swindon and Belle Vue and Wolves look like being 3 of the teams and then could be a straight fight between Ipswich and Lynn for the other spot....................................unless Poole make 13 changes again 

I think if Swindon bring in Bacon they will bring home the....you get the idea.

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Do you predict any rider changes at Ipswich Gav?  

Id like to think we wouldnt but i can see Lawson and Bellago going for Cook and one other possibly

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Id like to think we wouldnt but i can see Lawson and Bellago going for Cook and one other possibly

Depends on busters influence at Ipswich...can you really see cook getting a ride at any of the east Anglian clubs now? 

Lawson showed last Thursday he can beat good riders at Foxhall but he’s got to up his game away from home.

i thought it was hard on bellego him losing his ride at home Thursday - hadn’t done much wrong and we’d effectively won the match. He needs to improve away from home also as does king. He never should’ve been in ht15 at Swindon Jake should.

impressed with Krystian so far seems to be learning fast and not afraid to mix it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

ah bless you

Im not worried about Ipswich winning a major trophy im more concerned that my club keep running and that the sport survives

I have been on the Ipswich threads quite a bit thanks,

Skidder mentioned i hadnt said much on this thread.............hadnt made excuses for Ipswich being beat.......i was merely pointing out i expected us to get beat as proved by my prediction what else was there to say.....

I do ok with predictions thanks .....got it spot on about Pooles flaky Poles last year...........and have said that Worrall will leave there soon.

What the flaky Pole Woryna who put a few points on his average? 

Did you predict Poole would win the league when they were riding poor early doors and you were taking the mick out of them? Thought not. Guess they had the last laugh ey!

• Like 2