British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Kings Lynn Prem Mon April 22nd

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Two tapes exclusions both times Summers is the chosen reserve to come in, but hes pulled out of a ride for Barker,,    Johnson is either Barkers best buddy or Summers had mechanical issues 

Thought barker would be a big hit at reserve panthers can I'll afford for him to score next to nothing the way the teams set up . He needs to step up or ship out

Excellent again from Kasper away from home, just need him to have a good home meeting or two to get his confidence up around Lynn. There is obviously talent there. 

Can’t be displeased with an away draw to start the league campaign.  Both teams will probably feel they could have won it. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Thought barker would be a big hit at reserve panthers can I'll afford for him to score next to nothing the way the teams set up . He needs to step up or ship out

If and it seems its a big IF, they use the points spare then Barkers got to be the one under pressure to lose his place as Summers as done well, getting Bjerre to reserve may improve his scores but hes inconsistant but then again so are the rest of the team , 

I wasn't there Baggy, but he looks like Kasper rode very well. 9 points from the engine room of Riss, TJ and Kerr looked poor on paper. But TJ had 2 offs last night, I don't know if he was carrying a knock, but I would of took a draw before hand :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Draw is good result for Stars away from home, but after being 8 points up dissapointed they didn't hold on for the win.Kasper was Stars man of the match. Kerr looked poor, hope he picks up soon and scores a few points . 

While some Stars fans will take positives from this result I think it's a little disappointing. 8 points up, against a team running 3 points under the team average. Should not jave ended a draw and again proved critical at the back end of the meeting by having Eric Riss complete his night by heat 11.

Riss has to be at No4 or No5 and Kerr at No2. I just don't get why the management ain't picking this up, it's ridiculous. 

• Like 2

A good meeting but I can't help feeling that the track doesn't suit the home team. We have riders who like to use the dirt line on the outside but unfortunately there isn't one. We are not gating well and this track is a gaters paradise currently and also we are crying out for a big hitting No1.

• Like 2

I would have took a draw before the meeting so quite happy with that,but being 8pts up feel a little disappointed also.Thought ht 11 buggered it for Lynn when they couldn't get Riss bike going then he come out on his 2nd and was 3rd until that bike ground to a halt.That's the it goes i suppose.

Kasper was a different animal tonight.It's amazing what a race win can do for you.He seemed full of confidence once getting that win and fought really hard especially ht 14 where he chased Summers all the way and so nearly got him.

It's a good start to our league campaign though with 2pts in the bag.

Only downside for me was not getting a programme as they had ran out,and there were plenty of people behind me who obviously suffered the same.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

While some Stars fans will take positives from this result I think it's a little disappointing. 8 points up, against a team running 3 points under the team average. Should not jave ended a draw and again proved critical at the back end of the meeting by having Eric Riss complete his night by heat 11.

Riss has to be at No4 or No5 and Kerr at No2. I just don't get why the management ain't picking this up, it's ridiculous. 

I agree that Kerr should be at two but I can’t imagine this isn’t something that everyone has agreed on. Also agree about being a little disappointing after being eight up but in mitigation the two strongest looking Premiership teams have lost at Peterborough this year and both Riss and Jorgensen were way below their usual standard tonight for various reasons so I’m not going to worry about it too much. 

The bigger concern for me and speedway in general is that one of the best racetracks we have hasnbeen altered and doesn’t seem to offer that outside line any more. One line round the inside is no good to anybody. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree that Kerr should be at two but I can’t imagine this isn’t something that everyone has agreed on. Also agree about being a little disappointing after being eight up but in mitigation the two strongest looking Premiership teams have lost at Peterborough this year and both Riss and Jorgensen were way below their usual standard tonight for various reasons so I’m not going to worry about it too much. 

The bigger concern for me and speedway in general is that one of the best racetracks we have hasnbeen altered and doesn’t seem to offer that outside line any more. One line round the inside is no good to anybody. 

Admit it wasn't a brilliant meeting but there were several overtakes.Including BWD being able to make the outside line work.Can't really work out if it can happen in one race why it doesn't happen in more:unsure:

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The bigger concern for me and speedway in general is that one of the best racetracks we have hasnbeen altered and doesn’t seem to offer that outside line any more. One line round the inside is no good to anybody. 

I think it was announced that they are still working on getting the track better but if that was a gaters paradise tonight (described by Lukas) then Peterborough fans are very lucky to still get such good racing. If only Leicester's track had been designed like this one. Love my trips to the showground but unless there is another Bank Holiday one that will probably be my only visit this season. :(

One other annoyance for me tonight,who was the ref.Was it ht 6 when we had all the restarts,then Tungate gets excluded and we have about 10 minutes before they actually get Summers in and the race going again.Yet Riss hits the deck in the first turn and before he gets up the 2 minutes are on.Consistency that's all we ask.

33 minutes ago, Lukas said:

A good meeting but I can't help feeling that the track doesn't suit the home team. We have riders who like to use the dirt line on the outside but unfortunately there isn't one. We are not gating well and this track is a gaters paradise currently and also we are crying out for a big hitting No1.

Name him. 

Edited by Mark

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

One other annoyance for me tonight,who was the ref.Was it ht 6 when we had all the restarts,then Tungate gets excluded and we have about 10 minutes before they actually get Summers in and the race going again.Yet Riss hits the deck in the first turn and before he gets up the 2 minutes are on.Consistency that's all we ask.

And since when have refs ever been consistent, especially Carrington.

But a decent meeting with a fair result, the crowd was magnificent easily our best of the season so far with a fairly full grandstand and the fifty fifty winner got £290, another season best.

Supporters hut had a few programmes left but the turnstiles sold out and not a speck of dust all night on a quite warm evening which shows it can be done if prepared properly.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 4