British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Kings Lynn Prem Mon April 22nd

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

One other annoyance for me tonight,who was the ref.Was it ht 6 when we had all the restarts,then Tungate gets excluded and we have about 10 minutes before they actually get Summers in and the race going again.Yet Riss hits the deck in the first turn and before he gets up the 2 minutes are on.Consistency that's all we ask.

Yep, 15-minutes to complete that race, and why do riders need to return to the pit gate for mechanical adjustments, each time it gets stopped for a tapes infringement.  I think the time allowance in circumstances like that, should be one minute, and not the customary two.

I agree with some comments about various racing lines having disappeared, which has reduced some of the excitement, but as Buster said, he's still working on that, and hopefully will be sorted soon, so Panthers fans can enjoy the racing they are accustomed too.  Having said that, after Belle Vue, I still think it's the next best racing strip in the Premiership by a country mile. 

As for the meeting, I did enjoy it very much, and it was a sheer joy to see Kasper Andersen perform in the way that he did for King's Lynn, and hope that gives him the confidence to now move forward with his career.

Will I return to the East of England Arena again this season, the answer is no.  Tractor racing after Heats 2, 4, 7 and 10 (this admittedly was part of a 13-minute interval) just doesn't float my boat, and from a racing point of view, it didn't need it.  I notice Hans N Andersen said in his programme notes, there are times the track shouldn't be graded, and that they need to be a bit more shrewd !!

Mildenhall raced on a blistering hot afternoon the previous day, but didn't have to resort to these sort of delays, and produced some good racing.

On top of that, we had a delayed start to allow late comers to get into the stadium, with one of the reasons being mentioned was the local football match.   POPPYCOCK, would the football match have been delayed if some of the public had not been inside the ground at the scheduled kick-off time, of course they wouldn't, so why should the speedway?  Totally unfair on those that had been inside the East of England Arena at 4.30pm when the gates opened.  If the football kicked off at 3.00pm (I don't know if it did), it would have been over by approximately 4.45pm, which leaves more than enough time to get a couple of miles or so up the road to their next sporting choice.  Just not acceptable for me I'm afraid.

Anyway, I hope both clubs go on to enjoy a good season, and thanks for the entertainment between delays.       

Why would you go in at 4:30 for a 6:30 start though? If a meeting takes two hours that’s four hours sitting in one seat, no wonder you got fed up. 

I recognise there is often too much grading but if that’s a trade off for no dust and (eventually) good racing then it’s a no brainer. 

• Like 1

What was wrong with the Track at the Showground, last season ?  Did it really need the major overall that Buster appears to be giving it ?

Buster spends ages going around and around at Saddlebow and all he has created is the worst track at Lynn we have ever seen ( in terms of racing)

Edited by semion
  • Like 6

It’s a difficult one semmers, in the past he has occasionally not graded much and you end up with one line out by the fence at Lynn which is the worst of all. He bottom line is that the dirt used at Lynn is no good for bikes....I hope it’s not the same stuff at Peterborough now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Yep, 15-minutes to complete that race, and why do riders need to return to the pit gate for mechanical adjustments, each time it gets stopped for a tapes infringement.  I think the time allowance in circumstances like that, should be one minute, and not the customary two.

I agree with some comments about various racing lines having disappeared, which has reduced some of the excitement, but as Buster said, he's still working on that, and hopefully will be sorted soon, so Panthers fans can enjoy the racing they are accustomed too.  Having said that, after Belle Vue, I still think it's the next best racing strip in the Premiership by a country mile. 

As for the meeting, I did enjoy it very much, and it was a sheer joy to see Kasper Andersen perform in the way that he did for King's Lynn, and hope that gives him the confidence to now move forward with his career.

Will I return to the East of England Arena again this season, the answer is no.  Tractor racing after Heats 2, 4, 7 and 10 (this admittedly was part of a 13-minute interval) just doesn't float my boat, and from a racing point of view, it didn't need it.  I notice Hans N Andersen said in his programme notes, there are times the track shouldn't be graded, and that they need to be a bit more shrewd !!

Mildenhall raced on a blistering hot afternoon the previous day, but didn't have to resort to these sort of delays, and produced some good racing.

On top of that, we had a delayed start to allow late comers to get into the stadium, with one of the reasons being mentioned was the local football match.   POPPYCOCK, would the football match have been delayed if some of the public had not been inside the ground at the scheduled kick-off time, of course they wouldn't, so why should the speedway?  Totally unfair on those that had been inside the East of England Arena at 4.30pm when the gates opened.  If the football kicked off at 3.00pm (I don't know if it did), it would have been over by approximately 4.45pm, which leaves more than enough time to get a couple of miles or so up the road to their next sporting choice.  Just not acceptable for me I'm afraid.

Anyway, I hope both clubs go on to enjoy a good season, and thanks for the entertainment between delays.       

I have been to a Champions league match where they delayed the kick off by 45 minutes.It was Man Utd v Fiorentina i think.There was an accident on the M62 where there was a lorry dangling off a bridge and they decided to delay the kick off to allow more fans to make the match:approve:.We were happy as there were 4 of us who was stuck in that traffic.

And he won’t use different shale cos it’s naff for Stox ?   There lies the rub.

Having said that when he has put on a big meet, ie World Team Cup.  The racing has been first class.   Different shale brought in for the occasion?

Edited by semion

Does anyone have the race times? Nothing on the updates site or either club's official Twitter feeds. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

To be fair, the other meetings thus far have been run quickly and efficiently and this just had the usual organisational and big crowd issues, coupled with lack of urgency in running problems associated with a Bank Holiday meeting at the EoES. On a normal night it will not be like that so don't base your view of returning on what went on yesterday.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Yesterday at Kent they started the meeting with queues outside the stadium. With the 2 hour curfew now applying to bank holidays, it was announced they had no choice.

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

From Rohan Tungate “Expensive night with @peterboroughpanthers. Engine blown to bits. does not help when a race is restarted 4 times and someone puts the 2mins on immediately every time. fortunately the night ended well

40 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Does anyone have the race times? Nothing on the updates site or either club's official Twitter feeds. Thanks in advance.

In order: 58.9, 58.9, 59.9, 59.3, 58.2, 58.6, 58.8, 59.6, 59.3, 59.5, 58.2, 58.9, 58.6, 59.5, 58.5.

Just hope that Chapman can get the outside line working later in the meeting. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyb said:

In order: 58.9, 58.9, 59.9, 59.3, 58.2, 58.6, 58.8, 59.6, 59.3, 59.5, 58.2, 58.9, 58.6, 59.5, 58.5.

Just hope that Chapman can get the outside line working later in the meeting. 

Thank you very much. You're a star!

2 hours ago, Sully said:

From Rohan Tungate “Expensive night with @peterboroughpanthers. Engine blown to bits. does not help when a race is restarted 4 times and someone puts the 2mins on immediately every time. fortunately the night ended well

1 point at home against an average Lynn side is not a night ending well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lukas said:

1 point at home against an average Lynn side is not a night ending well.

I think he was talking about his own performance, 8 from his last 3 rides but you could also argue that it ended well for Peterborough considering they were 8 points down after heat 6.

• Like 1

Why  are they allowing trainee refs to officiate premier league meetings no wonder why there was so many shambolic decisions at the tapes!! In the programme I'm sure it said Carrington but have since found out it wasn't him!! Disgraceful I know we've all got to start somewhere but....  Is he going to pay for Tungates engine or Bjeres missed points?

• Like 1