British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh SGB Champ Shield Easter Sunday 21 April

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I get what your saying Dave, it has been going on for 'donkeys ears',,, but with the sport being in its ellement of glory, maybe some things need to change.

Why. It works, and would cost someone a fair amount of money to change it to an alternative 'fair' system. There's a reason why it hasn't been challenged, and that is because it works in reality. Bigger things to fix in speedway to help it survive.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Why. It works, and would cost someone a fair amount of money to change it to an alternative 'fair' system. There's a reason why it hasn't been challenged, and that is because it works in reality. Bigger things to fix in speedway to help it survive.

Yeah Dave, there is probably a good £eason why it works and, if you haven't got time to fix the bigger things,,, why not just mend the little bits round the edges ? Working your way into the middle,,, 'inside out, outside in', its the same really,,, just like eating ya dinner ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Right there in lies the whole problem with the sport, ie the state it finds it self in.

What with it loosing credibility from the outside world, why it is loosing fans and not taken seriously it works even though it is wrong but it gets away with it so leave and accept it who cares attitude!

With this illustration how on earth should the sport regain a well shaped future? or indeed why should it bother? I really expected better from someone like you Dave! 

22 hours ago, mike7164 said:

Right there in lies the whole problem with the sport, ie the state it finds it self in.

What with it loosing credibility from the outside world, why it is loosing fans and not taken seriously it works even though it is wrong but it gets away with it so leave and accept it who cares attitude!

With this illustration how on earth should the sport regain a well shaped future? or indeed why should it bother? I really expected better from someone like you Dave! 

Well it has worked for probably about 80 years so not such a stupid system then. BTW Selling our assets called Nicki in 1998 and Bjarne in  2001 probably kept us open at those times. 

Not such a stupid system. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Well it has worked for probably about 80 years so not such a stupid system then. BTW Selling our assets called Nicki in 1998 and Bjarne in  2001 probably kept us open at those times. 

Not such a stupid system. 

That was 20 years ago, no one buys riders anymore and the system is largely discredited. It doesnt need a complex replacement. Simply riders are contracted from the start of the season to the end.

• Like 3

Just in case anyone missed the meeting last week, great race... Lasse Bjerre is such a good team man, giving Matty an earlier win too, really pleased with him so far this season... Puts tonnes of effort in and is willing to make sacrifices (race wins) for the sake of the team

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Just in case anyone missed the meeting last week, great race... Lasse Bjerre is such a good team man, giving Matty an earlier win too, really pleased with him so far this season... Puts tonnes of effort in and is willing to make sacrifices (race wins) for the sake of the team

Aye,,, if he had have held a wider line on the last bend, he might have kept 2nd.:t:

After today's meeting at Leicester we have to seriously consider making changes and moving Lambert and Phillips out. Lambert was expected to score points away from home but isn't even doing that. Phillips is also struggling badly. We need to act soon before we lose too many more matches and the crowds start dropping off. Not sure what the answers are with replacements and averages etc.. but i think something needs done.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Winditon said:

After today's meeting at Leicester we have to seriously consider making changes and moving Lambert and Phillips out. Lambert was expected to score points away from home but isn't even doing that. Phillips is also struggling badly. We need to act soon before we lose too many more matches and the crowds start dropping off. Not sure what the answers are with replacements and averages etc.. but i think something needs done.

A think ATM, the only option available would be, a 'like-for-like' swap. As a re-declaration would bring more problems as of 1st May we are over 38 points.

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think ATM, the only option available would be, a 'like-for-like' swap. As a re-declaration would bring more problems as of 1st May we are over 38 points.

Yes i know what you mean. We aren't a million miles away from a good side. We scored 37 points today from 5 riders so if we can get two riders to chip in with a few each and that would make all the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

I would expect most teams to increase as programmed rides equates to 42 points.

I just do not know why we have 3 leagues with team declarations set at 42.5, 38 & 36 in the 3 divisions.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

I would expect most teams to increase as programmed rides equates to 42 points.

I just do not know why we have 3 leagues with team declarations set at 42.5, 38 & 36 in the 3 divisions.

It's only till the new averages progress to a normal  situation.

Now too late to fit Danyon Hume and Ben Hopwood in for Danny and Simon... Unless Danyon would qualify for an injury reduction?

Danyon seemed to do well at Sheffield today, and no offence but Ben would only be an upgrade on Danny

Edited by Dandelion

9 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Some clever thinking behind that, if it works.