British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh SGB Champ Shield Easter Sunday 21 April

6 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Depends on whether he'd then be a better or worse option than our then discarded 2.00er

very true however the only other 2.00er that looks like being discarded is Chessell and he will likely retire if that happens. Very limited options left though with distances, Sunday race days being blockers. I fear patience has run out with Phillips though (justifiably so) and a fresh face even scoring same low/no points would be better regarded if they were showing some improvement.

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

very true however the only other 2.00er that looks like being discarded is Chessell and he will likely retire if that happens. Very limited options left though with distances, Sunday race days being blockers. I fear patience has run out with Phillips though (justifiably so) and a fresh face even scoring same low/no points would be better regarded if they were showing some improvement.

Not sure how likely Danny is to be dropped though... Must be really difficult for Martin, and it's understandable

Does Joe Lawlor still ride after being dropped by Glasgow? (Just don't let him in any hotels) Also heard rumours of Jack Parkinson Blackburn coming back, but how many meetings would he do before he retired again? Maybe Paul Bowen can be given a chance, on the promise he brings the whole team a half time pie...

Interesting times ahead...

14 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Not sure how likely Danny is to be dropped though... Must be really difficult for Martin, and it's understandable

Does Joe Lawlor still ride after being dropped by Glasgow? (Just don't let him in any hotels) Also heard rumours of Jack Parkinson Blackburn coming back, but how many meetings would he do before he retired again? Maybe Paul Bowen can be given a chance, on the promise he brings the whole team a half time pie...

Interesting times ahead...

I believe Lawlor is still floating about but has temperament issues and no NL place for regular rides. JPB is a waste of time as proven previously. Everyone loves the pie man but if i was genuinely looking someone like Luke Harris could really progress given help, Alex Spooner is a has bikes will travel rider, otherwise its a complete rookie but see what can be done to assist? Ben Rathbone would always have the best equipment in the pits?

list would be a good starting point early season machine gremlins out of the way and starting to look like the rider scunny thought they were getting. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I believe Lawlor is still floating about but has temperament issues and no NL place for regular rides. JPB is a waste of time as proven previously. Everyone loves the pie man but if i was genuinely looking someone like Luke Harris could really progress given help, Alex Spooner is a has bikes will travel rider, otherwise its a complete rookie but see what can be done to assist? Ben Rathbone would always have the best equipment in the pits?

Them 3 were joke suggestions... Just kinda proving how bottom of the barrel we are looking at... Not much out there, but there's also nothing to lose, any of these riders are worth a gamble imo...

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

He would?

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

No offence, but would that discarded 2 pointer not be good enough, as he's been discarded? Just a thought.

none taken sir.

my point (not made well enough) was that as others strengthen it's often the #7 that get's the boot in the numbers game.  

perhaps Edinburgh for example. in which case Ruddick would appear to be a better option.

note that Simon Lambert scored 3 at Kings Lynn last night. capable but not suited to Newcastle.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 4/22/2019 at 12:19 AM, geoff100 said:

I thought newcastle got out of jail on this one an ef robbed edinburgh a t/s for wells,tj falling that race could have been rerun,then no interval just a 20 min tracror race so tj could get his second bike sorted , then another 10 min delay after fe fell in ht 13.poor meeting apart from a couple of hts and a very poor ref .

Wells was lucky he was not excluded for having Jorgensen off. As you say bad ref.