British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Redcar CS 26.4.2019

Very harsh if it’s just the highest points total in 2nd place as that excludes the 3 team group! Points average would be fairer than that. Was the points average used last season?

Last year Peterborough went through to the semi-finals from the three team group as 9 match points from 4 matches (2.25) was a better record than the 13 from 6 (2.16) of the other two runners-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I don’t think 2nd place is within the reach of Redcar , 

We have 2 misfiring Heat leaders & Scunthorpe have a top reserve in Danny Ayre’s , too much for us tonight & maybe at ours next week. 

This result might depend on track prep with a bit of rain forecast.

Danny Ayres is not our reserve as he is in our 1-5. The new Green Sheet Averages came out yesterday but do not apply until the 1st of May & there is not much change to any teams riding order.

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Well I don’t think 2nd place is within the reach of Redcar , 

We have 2 misfiring Heat leaders & Scunthorpe have a top reserve in Danny Ayre’s , too much for us tonight & maybe at ours next week. 

A win here and a point at Redcar and it’s a possibility for the Scorpions. Hopefully the rain holds off. 

On 4/24/2019 at 8:29 PM, Tosh1218 said:

Is it just me or is Jenga like Thrush 

He's irritating 

speaking of thrush , are you still having trouble with your thrush . you seem to know the symptoms , so you must still be suffering from it .

On 4/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, NeilWatson said:

Last year Peterborough went through to the semi-finals from the three team group as 9 match points from 4 matches (2.25) was a better record than the 13 from 6 (2.16) of the other two runners-up.

As far as I know its the same this time, worked out on a points average so both the 3 and 4 team groups have the same chance of  getting the fourth team place in the semis.

Neil knows his stuff so take that as gospel.

Weather forecast seems to have changed, and we know what happened with the forecast Wednesday & Birmingham cancelled. Hardy any rain materialised.. Even from now, Rob will have this meeting on so turn up in your droves as a runner up spot is begging.

Close meeting this one, looked at one stage as if Redcar would get all the poins or at least 1. For the first 9 heats the ref was trying to spoil the meeting, geez, he held the tapes twice with the Scunny riders missing the start and then he did it again in heat 5 & 9 with redcar riders going through the tapes, no clue why he was doing this. For the bears, Charles Wright looked great, the others except Toft chipped in well but nothing consistent, for the scorps Allen & Garrity where class acts, Auty recovered well after his wheel spokes collapsed in heat 6. Managed to get the meeting done without the rain hitting so overall a good night for me.

Far from a classic.. but tight meeting with some good close racing.  The meeting just had too many interruptions, it never really got into its stride.

Redcar huffed n puffed and rather fortuitously took the lead after six heats, Scorpions looking like they could throw this one away at this point! Thankfully, the Scorpions got stuck in and produced a strong finish to win the meeting.

For Redcar.. They were all competitive, all showed glimpses....but ultimately, they all lacked that consistency needed to make an impact to the overall scoreline. 

Standout riders for Scunny were Jake Allen, Jason Garrity and Josh Auty...  they were the backbone,  they providing the much needed race winners when it mattered. 

Did anyone notice the bump on the inside of the 3rd/4th bend that the riders kept picking up on. 

6 hours ago, Albert said:

Far from a classic.. but tight meeting with some good close racing.  The meeting just had too many interruptions, it never really got into its stride.

Good description. I thought the referee's control was poor and I think Rob Godfrey did too. 

The racing at Scunny hasn't been quite up to the usual consistently high standard this season and that maybe due to the absence of track grading.

I have said before and will say again that Rob can't do the mic and the track and he needs to get someone in to do one or the other.

Allen all class,pity he had bike probs as he was heading for another max for club,big few days from this young gun 

Do believe the ref (Seth Perkin) finished his training at the end of last year, but do think he held the tapes a bit too long.. A good meeting between 2 decent sides.. Heats 13 and 15 WOW, if anyone managed to film them on a cameraphone then please post them up here as they was out of this world

20 hours ago, archie21 said:

As far as I know its the same this time, worked out on a points average so both the 3 and 4 team groups have the same chance of  getting the fourth team place in the semis.

No it doesn't. It gives the 3 team group a slighter advantage as each match in their group is worth more percentage-wise. Once Workington pulled out they should have split it into a north and south group with top two qualifying. 

• Like 3