British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

British U21 Championship Final: Berwick (April 27th)

most of the forecast seem to suggest the slight possibility of a light shower. Sun cracking the flags at the moment

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates of this meeting tonight? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your mobile number?

Thanks

Lambert not started the season in great form, his gating being particularly patchy and only scored 2 for Lublin last night.

And Bewley returning to fitness seems to be struggling away from the wide open spaces of the NSS so this meeting could be wide open.

I think Kemp may be a good shout for a podium. 

How many riders qualify for the world u21s?

at the moment its a cracking evening for speedway, clear skies and fresh    https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Good luck to all the guys tonight, make it a safe night, wish I could be there but sadly methanol is now poison to my body   :(

Still can't see beyond Lambert unless he has machine problems.

Decent meeting, the standard is getting better every year. Obviously Robert Lambert was a clear favourite, untroubled apart from a lap in the final, but there were some very good performances tonight from the likes of Tom Brennan, Drew Kemp, Jack Thomas and Zack Wajtknecht. Not one rider looked out of control tonight, okay there were varying levels of ability and speed, but each rider looked smooth and had a decent style. The future is bright.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I agree with Topsoil.

Can anyone tell me why Dan Bewley rode the last two laps of the semifinal at the back, pulling wheelies? 

He seemed to give up after his coming together with with Kemp , I thought he'd damaged his bike or himself as he certainly threw the towel in afterwards 

• Like 1

Couldn't be there but from what I've read it appears Drew Kemp did himself proud and at 16 seems to me that he could win this title 3 or 4 times before he's out of this age bracket, well done Drew and all the other riders who took part, sounds like it was a decent meeting apart from the obvious. (If Robert Lambert didn't have machinery issues he was bound to win it wasn't he!)

7 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Couldn't be there but from what I've read it appears Drew Kemp did himself proud and at 16 seems to me that he could win this title 3 or 4 times before he's out of this age bracket, well done Drew and all the other riders who took part, sounds like it was a decent meeting apart from the obvious. (If Robert Lambert didn't have machinery issues he was bound to win it wasn't he!)

Kemp is one of 3-4 who could really develop in to top class riders but for that reason I can't see any single one of them dominating like Lambert has between 18-21 age range when they get there. As much as Kemp gets the column inches the likes of Brennan and Flint are on his coat tails and then we have Thomas who has a bit more experience that Kemp and Brennan and the likes of Edwards and Atkins developing well too. All good for UK speedway.

What these boys need to do now is what Lambert did, get European experience, we only had 1 Under 19 Finalist in Europe last year (Brennan) and progress would be to have 2-3 this year and every year from now on then try to push them in to U21 where they will face the Polish masses and learn more quickly.

Edited by HGould
spello
  • Like 6

Too much of a gulf in class to make it a really good meeting, but some interesting races and impressive performances from some. Lambert was always going to win, barring accident or engine failure. Can’t remember any fallers, which led to a smooth and well run meeting. 

Largely disappointing to be honest.

Only 3 or 4 passes in 22 races says it all. When the likes of Bewley, riding his socks off and faster than those in front, are unable to find a way past says it all.

The early races dictated which way this meeting was going. Gate 2 only scored 3pts in the first 8 races! Those riding in white and yellow had a big advantage.

Congratulations to Robert Lambert,fully deserved 3rd Title.

The attendace was not as high as I expected.

I think we can blame Auntie Beeb for that.