British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

British U21 Championship Final: Berwick (April 27th)

50 minutes ago, Gringo said:

The attendace was not as high as I expected.

I think we can blame Auntie Beeb for that.

think it was due to the price to get in mmmmmmmmmm

Edited by bjcol
spelling misstake

17 minutes ago, bjcol said:

£15(£11 concession) was not too high a price to pay for a National Individual Final(albeit U-21).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bjcol said:

Maybe in your case.

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Too much of a gulf in class to make it a really good meeting, but some interesting races and impressive performances from some. Lambert was always going to win, barring accident or engine failure. Can’t remember any fallers, which led to a smooth and well run meeting. 

Great to see how they are all getting on though ..... may buy the dvd ..

I think its a meting that needs to be shared around tracks on a north / midlands / south and big / medium / small track split as that will help the youngsters develop...

places like Berwick / Glasgow / Redcar - Birmingham / Leicester / Monmore - Poole / Eastbourne / Swindon would be ideal imho

Decent enough meeting, as most though and expected Robert Lambert was a class above and was only really troubled for a lap in the Final, still a worthy champ. Cant remember if he had been to Berwick before last night but I thought most impressive rider was Tom Brenan, when Eastbourne come come for their league match he could be a trump card for them at reserve. Impressive performances from Drew Kemp and Jack Thomas, there seems that good things are happening in British speedway with the younger riders and i thought last night was evidence of that. All 22 races in the main meeting done and dusted before 9-30 curfew, no fallers, no re-runs so well done to all concerned.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, screm said:

Decent enough meeting, as most though and expected Robert Lambert was a class above and was only really troubled for a lap in the Final, still a worthy champ. Cant remember if he had been to Berwick before last night but I thought most impressive rider was Tom Brenan, when Eastbourne come come for their league match he could be a trump card for them at reserve. Impressive performances from Drew Kemp and Jack Thomas, there seems that good things are happening in British speedway with the younger riders and i thought last night was evidence of that. All 22 races in the main meeting done and dusted before 9-30 curfew, no fallers, no re-runs so well done to all concerned.

And some 125 c.c. races before the tractors.

5 hours ago, BobC said:

Largely disappointing to be honest.

Only 3 or 4 passes in 22 races says it all. When the likes of Bewley, riding his socks off and faster than those in front, are unable to find a way past says it all.

The early races dictated which way this meeting was going. Gate 2 only scored 3pts in the first 8 races! Those riding in white and yellow had a big advantage.

Congratulations to Robert Lambert,fully deserved 3rd Title.

when I used to go to Scotland for the weekend it was Edinburgh and Glasgow that created the interest... Berwick just happened to be in the middle so I went... never been impressed with the racing at Berwick.

Berrington Lough however was a fantastic track and thoroughly enjoyed those visits.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe in your case.

mmmmmm very nice lollolol

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

And some 125 c.c. races before the tractors.

Absolutely in fact those races saw the only faller all night, Ace Pijper. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, BobC said:

Largely disappointing to be honest.

Only 3 or 4 passes in 22 races says it all. When the likes of Bewley, riding his socks off and faster than those in front, are unable to find a way past says it all.

The early races dictated which way this meeting was going. Gate 2 only scored 3pts in the first 8 races! Those riding in white and yellow had a big advantage.

Congratulations to Robert Lambert,fully deserved 3rd Title.

Did you enjoy  Glasgow v Edinburgh

5 hours ago, MANSE said:

Did you enjoy  Glasgow v Edinburgh

I certainly did! First time there since the refurbishment. What an amazing transformation. Decent enough meeting if a little surprised that Glasgow didnt win by more.

• Like 2