British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Leicester v BV Colts May 18th

44 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

no he didn't.  He was vaping which set the alarm off

ok   , either way he didn't  set the hotel on fire , jury is still out with me TBH  , I have met Joe a couple of times ,  and I'm not sure if his behaviour or the sudden availablity of Bickley was the root of his demise

SGP wins for me. I was really pleased when Lions announced they would be running a NL team, but I'm unlikely to see them at all this season due to staging the meetings on the worst dates possible for a speedway fan.

34 minutes ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

SGP wins for me. I was really pleased when Lions announced they would be running a NL team, but I'm unlikely to see them at all this season due to staging the meetings on the worst dates possible for a speedway fan.

Record it & watch both.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

I don't give a monkey's about the GP's. Eastbourne v Glasgow for me tonight. I would never miss live sport to watch an event on TV.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I don't give a monkey's about the GP's. Eastbourne v Glasgow for me tonight. I would never miss live sport to watch an event on TV.

Same here. The GPs are a money making machine for the owners of the rights.

Rips the heart out of everyday speedway and gives absolutely nothing back.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, adonis said:

ok   , either way he didn't  set the hotel on fire , jury is still out with me TBH  , I have met Joe a couple of times ,  and I'm not sure if his behaviour or the sudden availablity of Bickley was the root of his demise

If the sudden availability of Bickley was the issue surely they would have simply got rid of luke chessel who had been out for over a year with a shocking serious injury and kept lawlor who had scored reasonably well in 2018. It wasn't just vaping it was his subsequent reaction, the disturbance to hotel guests and the implications for the Tigers owners with the hotel, sponsors that resulted in his dismissal 

• Like 1

Are the rules different in The National League ? Breaking the tapes twice and being excluded twice and being allowed to go off 15 metres twice?

On 5/18/2019 at 11:51 AM, BobC said:

Same here. The GPs are a money making machine for the owners of the rights.

Rips the heart out of everyday speedway and gives absolutely nothing back.

bang on the nail

On 5/18/2019 at 11:32 AM, cityrebel said:

I would have a one off final back like a shot, the series for me is not the be all and end all i much prefer league racing..The one thing that never really changes with the series it is still a relatively closed  shop.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Are the rules different in The National League ? Breaking the tapes twice and being excluded twice and being allowed to go off 15 metres twice?

I am reliably informed that such a thing is allowed in the BNL only.

I remember Chris Harris getting excluded twice at Lakeside a few years ago. He ended up going back 30 metres!