Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

TOP GUN - Individual - Sheffield 28.04.19 - 4pm

Opening the thread for these amazing individual events. My advice is get down to Owlerton for this one. Always a meeting that serves up some great racing. Usually a field that has a bit of an international flavor to it as well.

• Like 1

Any idea of the line up it’s only a couple of days away and not seem a thing 

28 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Any idea of the line up it’s only a couple of days away and not seem a thing 

Kasper Andersen
Drew Kemp
Zaine Kennedy
Jedd List
Josh McDonald
Leon Flint
Ellie Perks
Danyon Hume
Ryan Kinsley
Jamie Halder
Tom Woolley
Ryan McDonald

• Like 1

Surprised Joe Lawlor isn't riding in this or has he chucked it all in after 'Vape gate' with Glasgow? Josh McDonald was looking good in last years Young Gun meeting, it'll be interesting to see how some of them perform this time around.

Ellis perks will  now be at Leicester  on Sunday 

Not a bad meeting, despite the gulf between some of the riders. 

Why did Scunny let List go?!? Looked bloody fast today and only ended up second because of a very determined ride by Jordan Stewart in the final

39 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Not a bad meeting, despite the gulf between some of the riders. 

Why did Scunny let List go?!? Looked bloody fast today and only ended up second because of a very determined ride by Jordan Stewart in the final

not according to the updates site where they say that there was only one decent race and that was the final.that makes it 4 decent races in two meetings then.not exactly thrill a minute stuff.no change at the programme stall, turnstiles or cafe and the bar was closed.makes me wonder that its a good thing i won't be going this season after all.

Sorry to say but really poor meeting, take away the final and actual racing was non-existant even when 2 evenly matched riders they were on the same line one behind each other. Jeff List impressive, pity he is on a 4point average.

1 hour ago, paulr2 said:

Sorry to say but really poor meeting, take away the final and actual racing was non-existant even when 2 evenly matched riders they were on the same line one behind each other. Jeff List impressive, pity he is on a 4point average.

is that Jedds brother by any chance . ?  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Moranboys said:

not according to the updates site where they say that there was only one decent race and that was the final.that makes it 4 decent races in two meetings then.not exactly thrill a minute stuff.no change at the programme stall, turnstiles or cafe and the bar was closed.makes me wonder that its a good thing i won't be going this season after all.

Ah, the old, “I didn’t go, but it was a crap meeting” trick :t:

They were young lads racing, it was never going to be GP standard, but I thought it was alright.

I didn’t have any problems getting change at the turnstile, cafe or when I bought my programme. You would obviously have a better idea of whether the bar was open or closed from your armchair than me as I didn’t venture upstairs, so will concede to you on that point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moranboys said:

its amazing you can see all this from your home, don't comment if you have not been, ive not been to Peterborough so far this year so won't comment until i do 

• Like 2

i went, and there was only one race, heat 15, pretty much like last week, follow my leader out of the 2nd bend

if the track doesn't improve over the next few weeks the numbers will drop, it wasn't even worth £10 yesterday never mind £16 for gate and go in the championship

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

i went, and there was only one race, heat 15, pretty much like last week, follow my leader out of the 2nd bend

if the track doesn't improve over the next few weeks the numbers will drop, it wasn't even worth £10 yesterday never mind £16 for gate and go in the championship

I attended and have to agree with what you are saying, in fact when I entered the stadium around 20 past 3 and the track looked as though it had not been touch from the previous week which was very disappointing.

The whole meeting felt very very flat.

Personally I am not keen with afternoon speedway, maybe a 5pm start time might improve things. 

21 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Ah, the old, “I didn’t go, but it was a crap meeting” trick :t:

They were young lads racing, it was never going to be GP standard, but I thought it was alright.

I didn’t have any problems getting change at the turnstile, cafe or when I bought my programme. You would obviously have a better idea of whether the bar was open or closed from your armchair than me as I didn’t venture upstairs, so will concede to you on that point.

was just re iterating what was said on the update site so what's your point?

9 hours ago, Cupidstunt said:

its amazing you can see all this from your home, don't comment if you have not been, ive not been to Peterborough so far this year so won't comment until i do 

why?did you attend.looks like you need a sat nav to get back to your own teams threads.