British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Most friendly, approachable, modest riders

27 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Olle  Nygren . I chatted to him in the pits at Lakeside a few years back when he was 87 years young. He didnt deem to have aged, or changed at all. Still the Sam old Olle , full of opinions, and would talk to anybody . Great bloke.

Gentleman George Barclay was also one I often saw and spoke to at Lakeside. Lovely man always keen to help the young riders and ran the training school for a while.

Remember when I attended an Olle Nygren Training School at Lynn many moons ago now his advice was always "Give it plenty of trottle"...like most Swedes was unable to pronounce "th". Trouble is I was unable to do so but that's another story!

Michael Warren was a lovely bloke, really down to earth and friendly.

On 4/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, WembleyLion said:

Mark Frost of Oxford who was really Attila Stefani.

I didn't know that. We were offered him in about 2005 as we were having great problems signing an unattached best leader midseason. I believe he was Hungarian and about 30ish but rode on the continent regularly at weekends, so it was a non runner anyway. Could never remember which is his first or last name. :P