British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Leicester

34 minutes ago, HGould said:

Think we will need to move quickly for BW-D as strong rumours at Eastbourne were that they were going to bring him in to replace Morley before new averages come out as they would have no chance to do after it, might just be wishful fans tittle tattle though.

That would be a scary move partly because Eastbourne would become near unstoppable with that side and really take the edge off quite an open league and because it would be so hard on Ben who hasn't done much wrong. Would think once again its hopeful trackside rumours but they do tend to creep out from Eastbourne more than other clubs.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

That would be a scary move partly because Eastbourne would become near unstoppable with that side and really take the edge off quite an open league and because it would be so hard on Ben who hasn't done much wrong. Would think once again its hopeful trackside rumours but they do tend to creep out from Eastbourne more than other clubs.

Certainly make them more potent away from home and didn't he start there??

I agree would be unfair on Morley if true. It was more than one person saying it in bar though but might just be 2 + 2 = 5 on this occasion.

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

Certainly make them more potent away from home and didn't he start there??

I agree would be unfair on Morley if true. It was more than one person saying it in bar though but might just be 2 + 2 = 5 on this occasion.

He did start at Eastie , would have had a second season if the rules hadn't changed in the NL. If  the rumour was in the bar, must be true though :drink:

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Not sure what BW-D average is in CL but Eastie have got 1.46 points to play with on declared 1-7 and Morley on 4.80 so would be 6.46 or under they could use??

If first green sheets out next week they would have to act fast, other Clubs like Brummies could have a lot more leeway after first Averages.

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not sure what BW-D average is in CL but Eastie have got 1.46 points to play with on declared 1-7 and Morley on 4.80 so would be 6.46 or under they could use??

If first green sheets out next week they would have to act fast, other Clubs like Brummies could have a lot more leeway after first Averages.

This is where the crazy rules tart to kick in again as if current Prem average is used x 1.5 he would be on a 7.90 BUT because speedway is wonderful in its rules he will probably be available on his last season finishing average of 6.00. 

• Thanks 1

This is where the crazy rules tart to kick in again as if current Prem average is used x 1.5 he would be on a 7.90 BUT because speedway is wonderful in its rules he will probably be available on his last season finishing average of 6.00. 

I think he is on a 6.00 point CL average, still think it would be unfair on Morley at this stage of the season, even though it would make Eastie stronger, so he may end up at Birmingham or elsewhere. I know this probably should be on the Eastie thread, but if Morley is a Lakeside asset which I'm not sure , think it more likely Eastie will stay as they are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Who's this tart kicking in by the way.....

The current Brummies 1-7 wont win a meeting all season imo. 

If the racing is good i wont mind but Tobisas thomsen will be gone very shortly 1.25 ave from 4 meeting from a rider on a 4.00 ave cannot be kept im afraid.

I am currently 3 miles gfrom Perry Barr and it is raining nothing heavy light to medium.

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Luke Becker would be a great acquisition imo…..

Be ideal for us with same teams as Ashley.

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

24 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Who's this tart kicking in by the way.....

The crazy rules tart? Plenty in Speedway that title could belong too

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I think he is on a 6.00 point CL average, still think it would be unfair on Morley at this stage of the season, even though it would make Eastie stronger, so he may end up at Birmingham or elsewhere. I know this probably should be on the Eastie thread, but if Morley is a Lakeside asset which I'm not sure , think it more likely Eastie will stay as they are.

Are there any Lakeside assets anymore? I thought the company had been wound up and riders still owed monies. Either way Morley should be kept at Eastie.

As for Becker to Brum do they have / need the Visa licences etc?

Are there any Lakeside assets anymore? I thought the company had been wound up and riders still owed monies. Either way Morley should be kept at Eastie.

Presume BSPA own all Lakeside assets as according to Peter Oakes in last weeks Star they were liquidated in February.

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

Presume BSPA own all Lakeside assets as according to Peter Oakes in last weeks Star they were liquidated in February.

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thanks, didn't know that about Lakeside assets but makes sense. 

Looks like the wrong call was made here the conditions by the looks and sounds of things would of been perfect for a speedway meeting.