British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Ipswich Witches v Swindon Robins • 25/04

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A blip due to the track. Last year we were poor at home early in the season but look what happened there. Poole will be there come playoffs. Happy to have a £100 on it with anyone.

A blip due to the track lol......in one breath you go on about how good Poole were to draw at Swindon.... a track nobody had raced on.....then you say Poole getting beat at home was down to the Poole track lol.....the gift that keeps on giving

Poole were awful at the start of last season and had to make a dozen changes to win the league.

Im not sure if this Poole 1-7 is worse....cant be much in it

Brave man betting your team make the play offs when 4 out of 7 will

So far early season form shows Swindon as the team to beat followed closely by Wolves and Belle Vue.......Ipswich and Kings Lynn battling for 4th and at the moment Peterborough and Poole are also rans

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A blip due to the track. Last year we were poor at home early in the season but look what happened there. Poole will be there come playoffs. Happy to have a £100 on it with anyone.

As I said. No other team has had the consistent start to the season that Swindon have had. 

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

As I said. No other team has had the consistent start to the season that Swindon have had. 

Don’t see it. We drew with them at Blunsdon, and they were easily beaten at Ipswich, a team most have written off.

Unless Swindon get in a good reserve they won’t be champions. They might have a good top 5, but how often will they all click together? What will happen when they go to Monmore and Lampart goes completely AWOL?

• Haha 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t see it. We drew with them at Blunsdon, and they were easily beaten at Ipswich, a team most have written off.

Unless Swindon get in a good reserve they won’t be champions. They might have a good top 5, but how often will they all click together? What will happen when they go to Monmore and Lampart goes completely AWOL?

They score 44.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

You don’t have to see it, facts show what I’m saying.

swindon drew at home on their first match on the new track, and have taken points from all their away meetings.

No other team comes close to that, particularly Poole who were massacred at home. 

Swindon have already taken a point at Wolves with Lampart, despite gating and on the pace, couldn’t hold positions. 

So far they have already clicked together well enough to start the season more impressive than any other team so far.

That really isn’t a point that anyone can dispute!  We can only go on what has happened so far, the rest is speculative.

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You don’t have to see it, facts show what I’m saying.

swindon drew at home on their first match on the new track, and have taken points from all their away meetings.

No other team comes close to that, particularly Poole who were massacred at home. 

Swindon have already taken a point at Wolves with Lampart, despite gating and on the pace, couldn’t hold positions. 

So far they have already clicked together well enough to start the season more impressive than any other team so far.

That really isn’t a point that anyone can dispute!  We can only go on what has happened so far, the rest is speculative.

Think you are reading far too much in the Poole v Swindon meeting. And don’t forget they had guest reserves for that one who score 5 more than Swindon’s own reserves would have scored.

• Haha 2

This is one of the reasons I preferred Ippo in other league..all the threads here seem to end up as Poole bitching / moaning/ grump.... 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think you are reading far too much in the Poole v Swindon meeting. And don’t forget they had guest reserves for that one who score 5 more than Swindon’s own reserves would have scored.

You can use the same argument for Swindon drawing their opening home match as well.

Even if you reverse that 5 point swing Poole would have still lost 42-48 at home. 

Like ive said you can only go on what has happened so far. Swindon are by far the most consistent team so far this season. Without question. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I dont get where you are coming from

I think Ipswich will beat most teams comfortably at home due to our reserves.

We beat Belle Vue by 14 and Swindon by 6........you telling me you dont rate Belle Vue as well? Or are Poole the only team that exist

I will tell you what will happen when Swindon go to Monmore.........Lampart will score 0.......The reserves will be outscored by 14-3......Doyle will not win a race....Swindon will lose by only 2 points.....

Would be nice if you done just a smidge of research before making yourself look daft.

You dont rate Swindon......who lost by 2 points at Wolves and 6 at Ipswich.................yet smashed Poole out of sight at Wimborne Road.....in a meeting you say 'doesnt count'.............

So.......Swindon wont win the league......which mean that on current form neither can Belle Vue or Wolves , based on results against Ipswich and Swindon

So who is the best side at the moment.....i would love to know your thought process

Edited by Gavan

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

You can use the same argument for Swindon drawing their opening home match as well.

Even if you reverse that 5 point swing Poole would have still lost 42-48 at home. 

Like ive said you can only go on what has happened so far. Swindon are by far the most consistent team so far this season. Without question. 

Like I said I believe you are putting far too much emphasis on the Swindon result at Poole. Yes the Swindon riders always go well at our place and deserved their win but one team was completely disinterested due to conditions. Swindon gated and it was race over.

I don’t believe Swindon will win the league if they keep the two current reserves. Neither are good enough in the top flight. It’s an opinion, nothing more. If Swindon get in a reserve who can score then that situation might change. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:23 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Like I said I believe you are putting far too much emphasis on the Swindon result at Poole. Yes the Swindon riders always go well at our place and deserved their win but one team was completely disinterested due to conditions. Swindon gated and it was race over.

I don’t believe Swindon will win the league if they keep the two current reserves. Neither are good enough in the top flight. It’s an opinion, nothing more. If Swindon get in a reserve who can score then that situation might change. 

As we know a lot can change between April and September. Rider changes/ringers/ riders out of form/ teams out of form/injuries.

So April is unimportant form wise. However if the play offs were next week Swindon would be odds on favourites due to them taking points on the road and not losing at home. No other team comes close on form. And no one can really dispute that either.

However as we know titles are won in September so what happens now will have only a small outcome in September.

i fully expect Swindon to be there along with Wolves, whilst I’d assume Poole and Belle Vue will as well. Let’s see how the season pans before we totally write someone off or make them outstanding favourites.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, Crumpet77 said:

I still think Wolves will be the team to beat once Jacob and Nick are back and fully fit.

Exactly. Wolves full team is better than Swindon imo. Though both prob be in the playoff final. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

I think you will find that they have already been to Monmore & picked up an away point! Your hatred of your home town is unbelievable.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Not taking any chances then, will make the play-offs. Even money bet when 4 out of 7 qualify. In my opinion, with only 7 in the league, top team should go straight through to Final & 2 & 3 ride for the remaining place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, robins les said:

Not taking any chances then, will make the play-offs. Even money bet when 4 out of 7 qualify. In my opinion, with only 7 in the league, top team should go straight through to Final & 2 & 3 ride for the remaining place.

Agreed.