British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Snackette

Once a Jolly Swagman

George Orwell's book 'Homage to Catalonia' is well worth reading on the Spanish Civil War. It's worth noting that the Communists backed by Stalinist Russia didn't only fight the fascists but also those who were ostensibly fighting on the same side. The revolution like Saturn devours its own children.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 9:02 PM, Cometfan4eva said:

Having finally watched once a jolly swagman  due to the fact never heard of it till now . It got me thinking what if they remade it  and brought it update I wonder if  done the right way it might attract younger generation  hopefully get crowds back to how use to and hopefully in process attract some big major sponsors to invest in speedway and make it a success like f1 wrestling cricket  for example. 

It would be to expensive to make i'm afraid, the story and action shots no problem but can you imagine the cost of hiring all those extras to fill a stadium and have crowd scenes like that again? ;):D