British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels Vs Eagles Wed 24th April

Will be travelling to the OTA for this match, hope the weather is ok

Fingers crossed the weather holds out. If the home reserves are going to get anything tonight is the chance however Morley, Bowtell, Wood & Brennan are all lively around the IOW so be interesting to see how they handle the OTA. Lawson obviously rides well for Eastbourne so can see the Rebels being pushed hard tonight.

Having seen both sides already.

50-40 imho

Heats Leaders cancel out, just favour home side though.

Reserves - Eastbourne - Wood and Brennan would beat Atkins and Rowe 8 times out of 10 in NL Racing.

Middle Order - Somerset - Kurtz is key as he is far better at Oak Tree than Bowtell and Morley and great chance for the German to impress too.

Going to be close tonight Kerr and Lawson ride the track well, Kennett is 50/50 but in good form. Atkins is a much different prospect at the OTA than he was at Arlington. Grobauer has been decent so far as has Covatti. Kurtz shouldn't be as bad as he was at Arlington either so i'm going for a slight Rebels win. 

Eagles only need a draw to top the table so they will be up for it and have a bit of an 'each way' bet knowing that if they fail then a win at Birmingham will also suffice. 

The key tonight must be which Bomber Harris turns up. He can be so inconsistent. 

Think it will go to heat 15 and should be a good meeting.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

I fancy a home win, eastbournes side away from home looks very ropey  to me at 2 and 3 50-40

Rain all day, attack the track time..

It’s very quiet on here post meeting. How was the meeting ? Decent crowd ?

I found it an enjoyable meeting, more so than I was expecting. Very close up until the last three heats, before which I thought the result could go either way. Well run too - it finished before 9pm - and there were no falls. The only hold-up was when Covatti broke the tapes on his first ride. He didn't seem to be on fire tonight, ditto Kurtz. But Grobauer was impressive, and I'm enjoying watching the reserves Rowe & (particularly) Atkins, who are clearly very keen and trying their utmost and will surely improve their averages noticeably over the course of the year. Schlein very dominant (he's a great rider) and Harris put in a solid performance too, as you'd hope. Crowd noticeably thin though, about the same as last Friday's U21 event. The new(?) on-track announcer is perfectly good but I miss Pete Chamberlain from previous years - anyone know what's happened to him and if he'll be back?