British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Glasgow 26/4/19 @7.30pm

First Scottish derby of 2019. Hopefully we can take all 3 points and send them back along the M8 with nothing. But who knows what will happen we have yet to get going with a few of the boys still not performing to what they are capable of doing.

teams for Friday:

Edinburgh 

1. Ricky Wells 

2. Justin Sedgmen 

3. Josh Pickering 

4. Joel Andersson 

5. Cameron Heeps 

6. William Lawson 

7. Luke Ruddick 

Glasgow 

1. Craig Cook 

2. James Sarjeant 

3. Rasmus Jensen 

4. Claus Vissing 

5. Paul Starke 

6. Luke Chessell 

7. Kyle Bickley 

Edited by Mr Blobby

Don't agree with sacrificing Starke at 5. Going out with Bickley at reserve in three heats and having ht13 doesn't inspire. The only prediction I can make is Chessell won't get 4 rides and will find it a challenge to turn the bike never mind race.

54 minutes ago, MD said:

Don't agree with sacrificing Starke at 5. Going out with Bickley at reserve in three heats and having ht13 doesn't inspire. The only prediction I can make is Chessell won't get 4 rides and will find it a challenge to turn the bike never mind race.

Round Armadale Starke is probably your 2nd best rider behind cook.

• Haha 1

Edinburgh should win by about 20.

If they don't there is something wrong with morale.;)

Edited by Gazc

All depends what the tracks surface is like they seemed to struggle last week at the start with it being too grippy 

Chessell could well pick up a point in ht 2 if Lawson is still on board the  "bag of nails", "expertly" tuned by his pappa , given Danny Phillips relegated Oor  Wullie to fourth in the same heat, last week:shock:

Considering Starke's top scoring performance for the Tigs in the Scottish Cup  at the Dale in the last home meeting of 2018, imo he is a better choice at no. 5 than Vissing.

Expect Glasgow to win by more than six, with Cookie scoring a five ride max (full or paid).

Edited by cyclone

Can see this being a narrow home win with Cook being in the big points but being beaten by somebody at some point.

Edinburgh may not have fully got going yet but by the same token I’m sure Glasgow haven’t either. 

i was going to put something sarcastic about the date of the meeting , but fans seem to have grabbed the idea its on the 26th , i think ........ . could be a cracker . :D

10 hours ago, cyclone said:

Chessell could well pick up a point in ht 2 if Lawson is still on board the  "bag of nails", "expertly" tuned by his pappa , given Danny Phillips relegated Oor  Wullie to fourth in the same heat, last week:shock:

That's him screwed then, looks like Lawson still hasn't learn't his lesson, if his old man is back in the picture won't be long before Lawson is released.

Coming up from Torquay for the derbies, plus Berwick on Saturday.

Looking forward to a rare visit to all 3 tracks.

Going to test my loyalties. Ive always had a soft spot for Edinburgh,since the Meadowbank days. However, I do now sponsor a Glasgow rider!

Simply going to enjoy all the meetings,regardless of results.

• Like 2

After analysing the meeting I could see the following happening:

Glasgow 48 v Edinburgh 42 

Craig Cook Maximum.

Big heats will be the likes of Heat 6, 7 and Heat 14.

This will be decided by the minor placings. 

Reserves Scores: 

William Lawson - 1 from 4 Rides 

Luke Ruddick - 4 Points from 4 Rides 

Luke Chessell - 0 From 3 Rides 

Kyle Bickley - 6 + 2 from 5 rides 

Will be very interesting to see how it goes. 

Not sure how this meeting will go.  Edin not exactly starting meetings well and could see Tigers open up a lead after the first few races. All tigers riders can ride the Dale well and Bickley could out score both our reserves if he takes liking to the track. Wells and Sedgy need to be on it from Heat 1 and Andersson needs to chip in bit more. 

Would hope for a win by at least 10 but would not be shocked by a glasgow win.   

Hopefully this meeting is attended in good spirits, last few years have put me off attending these meetings as the idiot count from both clubs seems to rise.  

15 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Not sure how this meeting will go.  Edin not exactly starting meetings well and could see Tigers open up a lead after the first few races. All tigers riders can ride the Dale well and Bickley could out score both our reserves if he takes liking to the track. Wells and Sedgy need to be on it from Heat 1 and Andersson needs to chip in bit more. 

Would hope for a win by at least 10 but would not be shocked by a glasgow win.   

Hopefully this meeting is attended in good spirits, last few years have put me off attending these meetings as the idiot count from both clubs seems to rise.  

I can see home wins for both, would take a point if offered just now anything more is a bonus.

Can't make it tomorrow due to work but safe meeting to the 14 riders and a Glasgow win would be nice, but as i say realistically a point is all we will get.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2