British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hawkeyenz

Speedway GP Coverage

Hi All,

Is there anywhere I can find out who has the rights to show the Speedway GP's in New Zealand?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, hawkeyenz said:

Hi All,

Is there anywhere I can find out who has the rights to show the Speedway GP's in New Zealand?

Thanks in advance.

You will know what sort of coverage you had in 2018- if any ? because NZ is not mentioned here as a live coverage country https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/7014/torun-|-where-to-watch

Unless they have done a new deal for this season- which i would have thought would have been published locally, you should be able to watch the livestream. 

Isn't it available live online (possibly you tube) in territories that dont have a TV  broadcasting deal in place?

17 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Isn't it available live online (possibly you tube) in territories that dont have a TV  broadcasting deal in place?

Yes it is, at least it has been for the last few years. Using a VPN, you can even view it in the UK that way.

We've had it live on NZ Sky TV for many years but they don't seem to be advertising it this year.

I'll have to look at the Live Stream option. Thanks for the replies

I watch it in the States via the SGP Website or App. Im pretty sure will be the same for NZ

8 hours ago, RPNY said:

I watch it in the States via the SGP Website or App. Im pretty sure will be the same for NZ

It blocks me saying it is not available in my zone.

SKY NZ have told me they are still in negotiation with SGP over the rights in NZ

11 hours ago, hawkeyenz said:

It blocks me saying it is not available in my zone.

SKY NZ have told me they are still in negotiation with SGP over the rights in NZ

If by the time the first gp happens and no TV deal is in place, I am certain it will then be available in your zone. The fact that it isn't already would suggest a TV deal is not far off being signed imo.

Just to complicate things. Speedway GP finally responded that I could watch the GP on Fox Sports. Unfortunately they are only in Australia!!

Either the Speedway GP people are geographically challenged or Sky NZ are negotiating with Fox who have the rights for the region.

On a really positive note. The English league speedway has suddenly appeared on SKY NZ schedule for Mondays match at Swindon. This is a first for NZ. We had the Swedish League for a couple of seasons a few years back

5 hours ago, hawkeyenz said:

Just to complicate things. Speedway GP finally responded that I could watch the GP on Fox Sports. Unfortunately they are only in Australia!!

Either the Speedway GP people are geographically challenged or Sky NZ are negotiating with Fox who have the rights for the region.

On a really positive note. The English league speedway has suddenly appeared on SKY NZ schedule for Mondays match at Swindon. This is a first for NZ. We had the Swedish League for a couple of seasons a few years back

I hope you have replied to BSI pointing out  their error and requesting correct info.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, racers and royals said:

I hope you have replied to BSI pointing out  their error and requesting correct info.

I did and they now say SKY NZ has the rights. I just hope that is now correct.

SKY NZ are showing the SON from Belle Vue and presumably have the GP's so all is good with the world.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hawkeyenz said:

SKY NZ are showing the SON from Belle Vue and presumably have the GP's so all is good with the world.

Great news