British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ouch

Belle Vue v Peterborough Monday 29th April 7.30pm

On 4/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Will be interesting to see Carl Johnson spout nonsense after this meeting. We're 3 points under the limit, wake up!

After two heavy defeats at Belle Vue and Swindon, management are in for a shock with the crowd levels for the subsequent meetings. Panthers fans wont stand for a promotion with no ambition. 

The crowd levels were very high for Poole and Lynn. Are you telling me that there's no money to bring in a rider like Buczkowski, who is desperate to ride for P'Boro.

There were around 2,500 fans at the last Lynn meeting. 2,500 x £18 = £45,000.

Where's the money going? Because the Panthers wage bill/costs is nowhere near £45,000. We're effectively running a championship quality side.

Piotr Pawlicki said in interview yesterday that after PZMot punished him and he is missing GP/SEC qualifications, he is looking for a team in GB. 

Who will be fast enough to sign him?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Piotr Pawlicki said in interview yesterday that after PZMot punished him and he is missing GP/SEC qualifications, he is looking for a team in GB. 

Who will be fast enough to sign him?

Does anybody know what he average would be?

17 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Does anybody know what he average would be?

Depends who asks and what the BSPA decide. His last average with Wolves was 7.32. If Wolves wanted to use him you can bet it won’t be that. 

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly be interesting to hear the gate numbers after this one? High proportion of home support anyway but will fans be happy to turn up and see the same team get another thrashing or will they be bored of watching the same riders in quick succession and stay away?

we go because whoever the opposition is or at what level its fantastic stadium to watch quality racing !!

1 minute ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Not attending another fixture this year. Season is already over.

Well done Buster.

Join the club mate . Chapman will not get a penny out of me .

• Like 1

Close to mid way thru but as expected the predicted result, and its not going to get better for the Panthers if they give away 3 points in the averages after May 1st.

Bewley looking close to back to his best, certainly at the NSS.

Half decent meet. Heat 15 was worth the admission alone and heat 13 was probably the best race I've seen without any actual passing.

I thought Andersen was naughty in heat 15. No longer the rider he was and simply didn't know how to defend himself so started with the left turns. Tungate showed him how it should be done in heat 13, defended himself excellently and covered every inch of the track whilst allowing the others racing room.

Ricky looks slow. He's working his ass off but he is lacking speed. The lads need to rally round him to help him find the best set up.

Excellent meeting at the NSS tonight. Usual close racing and 100 percent effort from both teams.

But disappointing crowd.

Perhaps this was due to the fact that this was Peterborough's second visit in three home matches?  Who decided that this was a good idea?

Let's hope that this is the reason because if not then it's worrying. 

Edited by lastword

11 minutes ago, lastword said:

Excellent meeting at the NSS tonight. Usual close racing and 100 percent effort from both teams.

But disappointing crowd.

Perhaps this was due to the fact that this was Peterborough's second visit in three home matches?  Who decided that this was a good idea?

Let's hope that this is the reason because if not then it's worrying. 

I'd say there was about 1200. In the current speedway climate and on a Monday evening, that is about the figure I would anticipate.

A Friday would see another 600 on the gate. It's just speedway unfortunately. We are no different than anyone else despite the catchment area we may have. The sport just doesnt have the pull and when you run on a Monday evening against a team that was here 2 weeks ago, then the crowd tonight is the expected result.

It's a shame because its fabulous entertainment around the nss 

A decent meeting. Heat 15 was a special race. 

Beeley getting better and  better at home. Needs to turn it around away from NSS now. 

Tungate proved why hes missed greatly at NSS. Hans was good value 

54 minutes ago, acef said:

I'd say there was about 1200. In the current speedway climate and on a Monday evening, that is about the figure I would anticipate.

A Friday would see another 600 on the gate. It's just speedway unfortunately. We are no different than anyone else despite the catchment area we may have. The sport just doesnt have the pull and when you run on a Monday evening against a team that was here 2 weeks ago, then the crowd tonight is the expected result.

It's a shame because its fabulous entertainment around the nss 

Interesting to read in the SS the other week that Leicester's Saturday crowds in the 'second division' are up on the Monday crowds they got in the Premiership..

No GP 'superstars' riding there this year yet crowds are up? 

As you say, a Friday or a Saturday would get you at least 600 more I would say,...

Twenty meetings, 600 extra, would equate to 12000 more fans..

At £18 that's over £200k more revenue...

As you say, a great product, but not much use having something so good to sell if your opening times prevent customers from getting there..

Doesnt help itself Speedway sometimes does it?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

A decent meeting. Heat 15 was a special race. 

Beeley getting better and  better at home. Needs to turn it around away from NSS now. 

Tungate proved why hes missed greatly at NSS. Hans was good value 

Interesting interview with Bewley after the match saying it isn’t confidence away from home just that he isn’t scoring well yet.

It wouldn’t be a surprised if he was tentative on other tracks but appears that isn’t the case. Great personal meeting for the lad.

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Interesting to read in the SS the other week that Leicester's Saturday crowds in the 'second division' are up on the Monday crowds they got in the Premiership..

No GP 'superstars' riding there this year yet crowds are up? 

As you say, a Friday or a Saturday would get you at least 600 more I would say,...

Twenty meetings, 600 extra, would equate to 12000 more fans..

At £18 that's over £200k more revenue...

As you say, a great product, but not much use having something so good to sell if your opening times prevent customers from getting there..

Doesnt help itself Speedway sometimes does it?

Speedway has always been a day out. To increase the fan base it has always been targeted at families. Have a look at bank holiday numbers vs a Monday.

I've often argued this and been ridiculed on here for it. First and foremost, I am supporter of speedway and then the Belle Vue Aces 2nd. I can take it or leave it so for a club to get my dollar they have got to work really hard for it. I think that point of view applys to a significant percentage of this sports fan base. It's a day trip for many families and the day it takes place is absolutely critical. 

I am also an avid man city fan, season ticket holder for many years, but I put my team before the sport of football and the day it takes place is immaterial for me and many others. It has that power and pull. A premier league football game for many isn't just something to do, its something that happens once a week and they will be there no matter what. The day doesnt matter.

Speedway needs to start going after families and the best time to do that is the weekend.

• Like 1