British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ouch

Belle Vue v Peterborough Monday 29th April 7.30pm

Should be as close as the last one when we were only six up going into the last race and that was courtesy of Lasse breaking down twice whilst leading. 

To add to the well know issues with the team we have Ricky averaging 4.00 points and looking all at sea at this early stage of the season. 

I think we’ll grind out a result in this top v bottom exchange and the entertainment will be top notch again  

Good luck to both teams and stay safe. 

Edited by ouch

Wells scored paid eleven in your last home meeting against some people’s favourites for the league, if that’s all at sea I hope Lynn’s whole team can be from now on. 

In all seriousness Wells will be fine once he has a few more NSS meetings and gets into the groove for Edinburgh. Can see Aces winning this by more than the supporters cup clash, something like 54-36.

• Like 2

home win 49-41 ish

That was a very welcome return from Ricky seeing him average 6.40 in that meeting and bolster his low start to the season. If he can hit on or around his starting average again I’ll take that at this stage. He’s targeted a 7-7.50 average put I think that’s a bit off yet as he’s not hit that kind of average in a match yet nor looked like it.  

Shame the fixture makers did not put this fixture to a little later in the season so a fresh team had been here on the 29th rather than one seen less than a month ago.

no disrespect to Peterborough just asking for a sensible fixture list

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see Carl Johnson spout nonsense after this meeting. We're 3 points under the limit, wake up!

After two heavy defeats at Belle Vue and Swindon, management are in for a shock with the crowd levels for the subsequent meetings. Panthers fans wont stand for a promotion with no ambition. 

The crowd levels were very high for Poole and Lynn. Are you telling me that there's no money to bring in a rider like Buczkowski, who is desperate to ride for P'Boro.

There were around 2,500 fans at the last Lynn meeting. 2,500 x £18 = £45,000.

Where's the money going? Because the Panthers wage bill/costs is nowhere near £45,000. We're effectively running a championship quality side.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Will be interesting to see Carl Johnson spout nonsense after this meeting. We're 3 points under the limit, wake up!

After two heavy defeats at Belle Vue and Swindon, management are in for a shock with the crowd levels for the subsequent meetings. Panthers fans wont stand for a promotion with no ambition. 

The crowd levels were very high for Poole and Lynn. Are you telling me that there's no money to bring in a rider like Buczkowski, who is desperate to ride for P'Boro.

Where's the money going? Because the Panthers wage bill/costs is nowhere near £45,000. We're effectively running a championship quality side.

G2G0DR8LQFNYM4D7QEWO.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

While fans are happy enough  to pay to watch an understrength team Chapman will be quite happy to sit back and take your money.  I know he's not getting any of mine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

We're 3 points under the limit, wake up!

Only until 1st May

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

While fans are happy enough  to pay to watch an understrength team Chapman will be quite happy to sit back and take your money.  I know he's not getting any of mine.

Who else wanted to take the risk and buy the club?

90 tons of shale and new machinery..

Lost Cookie cause he thought he was the special one out of Busters 21 riders..

People have been saying that in general, meeting running times have been better, the programmes are better quality..

2,500 crowds...

Neil Watson has just said 3 points under the limit until May....

Tell me who else would do a better job.. No one else wanted to know...

I'm not a fan of Buster, but what more do you want... It's only April :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Who else wanted to take the risk and buy the club?

90 tons of shale and new machinery..

Lost Cookie cause he thought he was the special one out of Busters 21 riders..

People have been saying that in general, meeting running times have been better, the programmes are better quality..

2,500 crowds...

Neil Watson has just said 3 points under the limit until May....

Tell me who else would do a better job.. No one else wanted to know...

I'm not a fan of Buster, but what more do you want... It's only April :blink:

The only thing I want is Chapman totally out of Peterborough , until that happens I'm quite happy not to bother attending as I have no time for the man or any puppets he brings in to run the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

The only thing I want is Chapman totally out of Peterborough , until that happens I'm quite happy not to bother attending as I have no time for the man or any puppets he brings in to run the club.

Your choice :rofl:

On 4/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, Gunner85 said:

Shame the fixture makers did not put this fixture to a little later in the season so a fresh team had been here on the 29th rather than one seen less than a month ago.

no disrespect to Peterborough just asking for a sensible fixture list

Certainly be interesting to hear the gate numbers after this one? High proportion of home support anyway but will fans be happy to turn up and see the same team get another thrashing or will they be bored of watching the same riders in quick succession and stay away?