British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • King’s Lynn v Swindon Robins • 29/04

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Funny the way you are trying to play down Wolves chances by heaping false praise on Swindon.

I stick to what I say. Swindon are a 5 man team who need all firing to do well. That isn’t going to happen away very often and tonight was a perfect example. Lynn were there forthe taking but Swindon couldn’t do it. Even with r/r for the Pole and Lambert in at reserve for Lynn.

Not trolling just calling it as I see it.

Really.....we were down to a 6 man team with r/r. Only Adam & the two boys at reserve could take the rides. I’m not sure “Lynn were there for the taking”. I would argue that we were. KL still have MPT at reserve who’s a number 1 in the championship. Even their manager said we were weakened by the absence of Lampart yet we come away losing by 4 points. So far so good away from home & potentially a cup final coming up baring a disaster at home to KL.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Hopefully the turning point for Zach tonight.

Hopefully 6 points should give him a bit of confidence and hopefully kick on now after a very performance coming 2nd in the u21s the weekend .

• Like 1

A good performance by a weakened Robins who were, in the end, possibly beaten by the Twitter vote.

Musielak in 14 and Doyle and Bachelor in 15 may well have got us a draw.

A better performance by Zach too. We started the season as a 4 man team, then became 5 man. Now we are a 6 man team with 3 solid heat leaders, and the league hasn't really got started yet.

No wonder there's a feel good factor down Blunsdon way! ☺

56 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Funny the way you are trying to play down Wolves chances by heaping false praise on Swindon.

I stick to what I say. Swindon are a 5 man team who need all firing to do well. That isn’t going to happen away very often and tonight was a perfect example. Lynn were there forthe taking but Swindon couldn’t do it. Even with r/r for the Pole and Lambert in at reserve for Lynn.

Not trolling just calling it as I see it.

Who is playing down Wolves chances? Not me. Wolves like Swindon have the best teams on paper. Wolves haven’t looked all that convincing yet but I fully expect them to be in the top 4 come the play offs. 

Swindon as a team are firing better than anyone else so I’m sure the fans and management are delighted with that. 

As previously stated titles aren’t won on form in April. 

To me the score was no surprise. It was always going to be close.  Swindon have an extremely top heavy side and will always benefit from that strength.    (They provided 10 out of the 15 heat winners).  However,  their weakness has always been their reserves,  and  subsequently they provided 11 out if the 15 last places.  Personally, I would have preferred a team like the Robins where they have the  opportunity of have many riders capable of being winners . I said all along, its all very well having  a strong  middle order, but without  them heater leaders,  like tonight, we  are forever relying on  Robert to win them important races..      That's not always going to happen.....

There only thing good about tonight was the score...……..  

• Like 3

Good nights work from both sides but the overall view is that Swindon would be happier. Close result and you have to feel that Lampart would have bettered the score that RR returned. It does expose the tail when he is missing but the rest of the side is only going to keep getting better. Personally i feel this Robins side is a Bacon for Shanes swap away from being Champions. Unfortunately for the Stars they are probably 3 signings away from it.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Again proves my point about Swindon. Over rated. No reserves and their top 5 will not all click together. Musiliak and Ellis awol tonight. Teams with scoring reserves will do better. 

Thanks for this outstanding contribution Shovlar - you win this weeks award!

• Haha 4

Some good racing last night, a couple of Stars not racing to their capabilities so hopefully when they get going we'll beat all comers convincingly ..... 

Edited by Trees

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure we were there for the taking. Like last year I think this Lynn side will take some beating at home. 

Lynn are always gonna be there for the taking very poor team! Proctor is an awful signing on his average 

It's Lynn's engine room that are not firing yet. Good job MPT bagged 11.

Ty is better than what hes showing right now. But a worry. He is our 2nd "heat leader" average wise. Lambo needs back up, sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's Lynn's engine room that are not firing yet. Good job MPT bagged 11.

Ty is better than what hes showing right now. But a worry. He is our 2nd "heat leader" average wise. Lambo needs back up, sooner rather than later.

All of Busters teams need back up or heat leaders, without changes i don't think any of them will make the play offs. It's early doors so things may change...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Lynn are always gonna be there for the taking very poor team! Proctor is an awful signing on his average 

You are entitled to your opinion but the results so far don’t back up what you claim. After two opening defeats we’ve gone four unbeaten and very poor teams don’t do that. We are average certainly at the moment but not poor. 

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Again proves my point about Swindon. Over rated. No reserves and their top 5 will not all click together. Musiliak and Ellis awol tonight. Teams with scoring reserves will do better. 

Ipswich quite probably have the best reserves in the league 

Poole have possibly the second best 

Ipswich although strong at home are losing away even though the reserves are doing well .....19 point at Kings Lynn yet we lost by 14......14 points at Swindon.......yet we lost by 12........19 points at Wolves yet we lost by 10

Swindon away from home have lost by 2 points .....won easily at Poole by 16.....lost by 6 and lost by 4 taking points in EVERY away match.....The reserves in those 4 matches have totalled only 14 points 

Please enlighten me how teams with scoring reserves do better...............you surely have some stats to back your claim.

• Like 4

have no stats to support it,but always felt that teams built in such a way as to always have one strong reserve throughout the season would "do better"

6 minutes ago, poole keith said:

have no stats to support it,but always felt that teams built in such a way as to always have one strong reserve throughout the season would "do better"

Depends if they use the strong reserve properly. They need to have 7 rides, if they are restricted to the 4 programmed rides then you need a half decent top 5.