British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • King’s Lynn v Swindon Robins • 29/04

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Funny the way you are trying to play down Wolves chances by heaping false praise on Swindon.

I stick to what I say. Swindon are a 5 man team who need all firing to do well. That isn’t going to happen away very often and tonight was a perfect example. Lynn were there forthe taking but Swindon couldn’t do it. Even with r/r for the Pole and Lambert in at reserve for Lynn.

Not trolling just calling it as I see it.

Like you seeing Poole as the best 1 - 7 at the start of last season. Wrong there again. It's not often that the troll is right!

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends if they use the strong reserve properly. They need to have 7 rides, if they are restricted to the 4 programmed rides then you need a half decent top 5. 

In theory your reserves should be your 2 worst performers.They are down at 6/7 because because their averages say they are the 2 worst riders in your team.So in theory they should only have their programmed rides,i know it don't end up like that.But many a time a reserve that makes it into the 1-5 seem to struggle.Don't think they need to have 7 rides this means they are replacing 3 riders,that's not good to replace 3 riders every meeting.

Don't forget reserves always seem to do better probably because in the main they normally have easier rides.

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You are entitled to your opinion but the results so far don’t back up what you claim. After two opening defeats we’ve gone four unbeaten and very poor teams don’t do that. We are average certainly at the moment but not poor. 

Over the cause of the season I believe we will lose a few matches at home it’s a poorly built team imo! Hope I’m proved wrong though 

8 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Over the cause of the season I believe we will lose a few matches at home it’s a poorly built team imo! Hope I’m proved wrong though 

This team is a collection of riders who are known for their battling qualities,  not for their renown brilliance.    All the riders are capable of having a brilliant meeting, but they  wont do it every week.  In Lambert they have a top rider, a No1 any team would be proud of,  but then we have a massive problem.  Riss and Jorgensen are two quality riders, but they are not renown heatleaders and usually struggle when riding against established top riders.  Procter and Kerr will never be good enough to become heatleaders, leaving us short of a second top rider. Until that position is filled we will continue along this same vane .     Helped by the grippy track, we should win the majority of home matches.   Whether we can win enough away points to reach the top 4 is another matter....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, robins les said:

Like you seeing Poole as the best 1 - 7 at the start of last season. Wrong there again. It's not often that the troll is right!

It was a good 1-7 ability wise just some riders performed well below their ability. 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

leaving us short of a second top rider. Until that position is filled we will continue along this same vane

That is how it will be for the season without changes.  You are right that Proctor and Kerr are never going to truly step up. Proctor will never do better than last year and I feel that that was his peak year and not a breakthrough year at the top level. Riss is capable of establishing himself as a heat leader but he is not there yet in terms of consistency. Please don't keep Simon Lambert for the season ( or even as a standby team member ) it shows a lack of ambition.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

Despite various moans and groans neither you or anyone else have come up with the name of a rider who could replace Andersen better than Lambert did? And in a meeting Lynn had to win I won’t accept the name of a token youngster who would have been out of their depth. 

Riss or Jorgensen will step up to second heat leader this year....you heard it here first. I’d have thought Swindon’s eleven last places show the value of a solid team compared to a top heavy one. Give me the former any day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Despite various moans and groans neither you or anyone else have come up with the name of a rider who could replace Andersen better than Lambert did? And in a meeting Lynn had to win I won’t accept the name of a token youngster who would have been out of their depth. 

Riss or Jorgensen will step up to second heat leader this year....you heard it here first. I’d have thought Swindon’s eleven last places show the value of a solid team compared to a top heavy one. Give me the former any day. 

But in the return Bagpuss i believe the Stars will be found wanting at the Abbey with to much pressure heaped on Robert.As much as i like both Jorgensen and Riss neither are second headers not yet anyway and i see the season for the Stars petering out unless a change is made.

• Like 2

Riders improve and develop Sid, as you expect some of yours will as the season progresses so do I of Riss and Andersen in particular. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Riders improve and develop Sid, as you expect some of yours will as the season progresses so do I of Riss and Andersen in particular. 

Do you see either of them averaging 7.2 come the end of the season.??? but you are right they are both talented anough.

Riss can average seven, Jorgensen could knock on the door of seven with an injury free run. Kasper will be a great number seven once (if) he gets the hang of Lynn. 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Riss can average seven, Jorgensen could knock on the door of seven with an injury free run. Kasper will be a great number seven once (if) he gets the hang of Lynn. 

Kasper and MPT are more than adequate to fill the reserve berths, and I'm sure if either can up their scores then Kerr will be more than efficient to occupy them spaces. But that not the problem.    We need a No2 capable of scoring descent points every meeting.    especially away from home....

• Like 2

By the business end of the season we shall have one. Sticking my neck out. 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Kasper and MPT are more than adequate to fill the reserve berths, and I'm sure if either can up their scores then Kerr will be more than efficient to occupy them spaces. But that not the problem.    We need a No2 capable of scoring descent points every meeting.    especially away from home....

4 possibly 5 of the teams are looking at it the same way so it really isnt a Lynn issue

Remember to accomodate that something has to give elsewhere (usually at the bottom end) and you already claim to be defficient there too! :)

• Like 2