British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

New speedway film

Hopefully we can get it with subtitles.

• Like 1

I'm assuming it's some sort of documentary based upon the Nielsen/Olsen feud during the middle eighties?

56 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Is it it a cinema film? Looks interesting anyway.

Yes in Danish cinemas in June.

The film premiered in Haderslev (Hadersleben) last weekend.A piece about it in the German North Schleswig paper. Woyens is of course Vojens in German

https://nordschleswiger.dk/de/nordschleswig-hadersleben/kongernes-fald-lauter-legenden-gala-im-kosmorama

Edited by iris123

On 5/31/2019 at 5:54 PM, iris123 said:

The film premiered in Haderslev (Hadersleben) last weekend.A piece about it in the German North Schleswig paper. Woyens is of course Vojens in German

https://nordschleswiger.dk/de/nordschleswig-hadersleben/kongernes-fald-lauter-legenden-gala-im-kosmorama

Translation please?! The German minority in Northern Schleswig?

Edited by auntie doris

The film will be shown on Danish tv station TV2 on Saturday at 19:15 uk time. I note that you can get a 30 day trial free subscription. Might be worth signing up for someone who is really keen and/ or understands Danish !!

On 5/31/2019 at 5:54 PM, iris123 said:

As it's known in Britain too! 

1 hour ago, Ray Stadia said:

As it's known in Britain too! 

I don’t think so. Vojens is Vojens in the UK. I think the place is only called Woyens in Germany. Same as Haderslev is Hadersleben in Germany. As it is next year is the 100 anniversary of the border and some of the Danish towns are asking for dual Danish/German town signs

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I don’t think so. Vojens is Vojens in the UK. I think the place is only called Woyens in Germany. Same as Haderslev is Hadersleben in Germany. As it is next year is the 100 anniversary of the border and some of the Danish towns are asking for dual Danish/German town signs

Sorry, I thought you were saying it's Vojens in Germany. Lost in translation, as they say!