British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Ipswich 29/4/19 Premiership

Agree with Buttons - on the face of it to keep it to 10 at Wolves doesnt seem a bad result but with the scores from 3 as low as they were it seems a missed opportunity....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Losing patience with bellego, 2 Pts tonight and we pick up a point! 

Lawson away from also a worry.

Harris letting us down by riding when not fit - if he was genuinely not being hampered by his hand injury then he gets more 3 I would think.

missed opportunity to get at least a point tonight, shame well done to the other 4 boys scored well

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

One definate taxi needed and poss more.  Its not going to get any better away otherwise

Got two fantastic reserves scoring well and it's being thrown away by other riders

Problem with Bellego is he’s a 6 pointer, and that average was majorly inflated by scoring heavily around Swindon last season, a track which itself has ironically been made smaller. 

He’s dire on small tracks and that’s a huge problem. I know it’s early, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and admit a mistake was made and correct it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Problem with Bellego is he’s a 6 pointer, and that average was majorly inflated by scoring heavily around Swindon last season, a track which itself has ironically been made smaller. 

He’s dire on small tracks and that’s a huge problem. I know it’s early, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and admit a mistake was made and correct it. 

Didn't I say that a week ago,,,,,, total waste of 6 points,,,, a change has to be made,, possibly 2,,otherwise a total waste having reserves scoring well

Looks like the track was too deep early on, certainly played into Ippo’s favour.

Fair result from the Witches who were still in with the shout for a league point at the last race.

once again their reserves were brilliant and 19 to 8 were most definitely their strength.

Becker still managed a win but had an ordinary night - which is only to be expected. Masters coming to the table late on saved us possibly giving away a losing point. 

Harris and Lawson shocking scores.

• Thanks 1

Kennett, Bates, Auty, garrity, Pickering, Douglas 6 championship riders that would all be an improvement on bellego’s current performance level imo

• Like 2

Get shot of Lawson to,, who will be another rider that disappoints on most away tracks and bring in Cook and another or possibly pawlicki and another,, he wants a Britain team place

Don't sit on our thumbs and twiddle them,,, make changes and we will be one of the best teams in the league 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Get shot of Lawson to,, who will be another rider that disappoints on most away tracks and bring in Cook and another or possibly pawlicki and another,, he wants a Britain team place

Don't sit on our thumbs and twiddle them,,, make changes and we will be one of the best teams in the league 

Potentially difficult to bring cook in now the averages have changed and we’re above the limit - once above the 42.5 limit you can’t add two averages together and split differently - only straight swaps so only rider cook can come in for is Harris unless we were to drop below the 42.5 and redeclare 1-7 so to drop Lawson and bellego for example 6.93 & 6.14 = 13.07 but need to lose 0.78 so I think Craig is 7.63?? Which would leave 4.66 for another rider....does that strengthen us? Who’s available on that figure? 

9 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Potentially difficult to bring cook in now the averages have changed and we’re above the limit - once above the 42.5 limit you can’t add two averages together and split differently - only straight swaps so only rider cook can come in for is Harris unless we were to drop below the 42.5 and redeclare 1-7 so to drop Lawson and bellego for example 6.93 & 6.14 = 13.07 but need to lose 0.78 so I think Craig is 7.63?? Which would leave 4.66 for another rider....does that strengthen us? Who’s available on that figure? 

Craig Cook should come into the PL from 1st May on a 7.00 average (10.51 CL average / 1.5) - see Art 16.2.5 and 16.2.6d

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Wolves were there for the taking tonight but the witches threw it away.  Gifted an early lead they could not hold their nerve when put under the slightest pressure.  Adams didn’t look a gift horse in the mouth by bring in masters as an early tactical in heat 5 which allowed the remaining rr rides to be filled without having to call upon the reserves.  Hawkins use of heeps in heat 10 rather than Allen was somewhat mystifying as it meant he couldn’t go in ht14.

All in all a massively disappointing night for the witches who could easily have run wolves very close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Craig Cook should come into the PL from 1st May on a 7.00 average (10.51 CL average x 1.5) - see Art 16.2.5 and 16.2.6d

Ah thanks Neil for the info, this hadn’t occurred to me given Craig had a prem average from last year. I also thought the conversion rate was 1.3 so for sure looks a bit easier.

What a superb result for the Wolves lads this evening after losing it in the first 4 heats by 6 points, to be in the lead by 2 by the end of heat 8. Wolves got 3 5-1’s in a row to be 10 points ahead by Heat 10, held on well in the last few to win 50-40. Superb performance by Nicholls, Masters and Schlein to get 34 points between them. Becker tried hard too, just had some track troubles tonight, pushed hard in all of the races. Wolves management have a tricky decision to make now whether to keep Nicholls or have Thorssell back. Personally I would keep Nicholls and have Thorssell temp until Nick is fit. Superb meeting after missing last week, 2 weeks till the next Wolves one now.

thanks to everyone who followed the updates tonight, BBC WM for providing commentary and Islander for updating us and Belle Vue pc side at the same time. 

• Like 1

The trouble is Heeps & Allen won’t be at reserve for long with their scoring, so Bellego and another will be which will weaken us if they don’t pull their fingers out. Is Bellego sulking again after losing his fourth ride again on Thursday, because if he is get shot of straight away. 

The outside gates are an absolute graveyard at monmore, especially early on.  Bellego had gates 3 and 4 first up and was then replaced in his 3rd ride so likely by the time it came to his mandatory third ride he probably wasn’t feeling it.

That said I agree with other posters that he looks out of his depth on the smaller circuits.  Both him and Lawson need to go if we want to compete.  The pole and King both looked ok tonight.

He isn't sulking,,, he just isnt any good on anything but a big track,,, his previous score at wolves was also zero.  He was always going to be pants and he should have gone before the averages changed. 

Can you see matt Ford keeping him if he was doing the same for them. 

Only seven teams this year,, a good couple of changes and we are serious challengers,,,, let's not waste the opportunity,,, we might not get another.   

Having said all of that,,, it's not my club or my money or my ambition on the line,,,, so I'm happy to have a club. 

Edited by Baldyman