British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Ipswich 29/4/19 Premiership

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Problem with Bellego is he’s a 6 pointer, and that average was majorly inflated by scoring heavily around Swindon last season, a track which itself has ironically been made smaller. 

He’s dire on small tracks and that’s a huge problem. I know it’s early, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and admit a mistake was made and correct it. 

Bellego has always been the same ,like Berge ,when he can’t be as#ed he doesn’t try a leg,a waste of space.Mind on Poland most weeks.He returns decent scores there most of the time.

4 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Allen only getting 4 rides plus heat 15 is also a mistake....

Back to back rides don’t help either ,engine ,clutch too hot robs hp 

9 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Kennett, Bates, Auty, garrity, Pickering, Douglas 6 championship riders that would all be an improvement on bellego’s current performance level imo

Garrity would be my preferred choice from that list, closely followed by Douglas who has started the season in fine form. 

You really can’t carry passengers in this league and when you have a rider scoring next to nothing on most tracks then you’re in trouble to start with. Particularly when that rider is a second string! If Bellego swaps places with Allen or Heeps in the near future and is still struggling with most tracks which is likely, then we lose the one thing that would have kept this team competitive and that’s strong reserves. 

As I said yesterday, need to bite the bullet and make a change IMO. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

What a superb result for the Wolves lads this evening after losing it in the first 4 heats by 6 points, to be in the lead by 2 by the end of heat 8. Wolves got 3 5-1’s in a row to be 10 points ahead by Heat 10, held on well in the last few to win 50-40. Superb performance by Nicholls, Masters and Schlein to get 34 points between them. Becker tried hard too, just had some track troubles tonight, pushed hard in all of the races. Wolves management have a tricky decision to make now whether to keep Nicholls or have Thorssell back. Personally I would keep Nicholls and have Thorssell temp until Nick is fit. Superb meeting after missing last week, 2 weeks till the next Wolves one now.

thanks to everyone who followed the updates tonight, BBC WM for providing commentary and Islander for updating us and Belle Vue pc side at the same time. 

Well I heard from a reliable source yesterday that Nick has been told by his doctor not to ride until his bone is fully healed otherwise he risks irrepairable damage. It is likely to be some time in June before it is fully healed so something needs to be done, as you say, bring in Jacob as cover for Nick and take it from there.

Track was a bit tricky early on just thinking if it's like that next week for us there should be some fun and games to say the least

21 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

What a superb result for the Wolves lads this evening after losing it in the first 4 heats by 6 points, to be in the lead by 2 by the end of heat 8. Wolves got 3 5-1’s in a row to be 10 points ahead by Heat 10, held on well in the last few to win 50-40. Superb performance by Nicholls, Masters and Schlein to get 34 points between them. Becker tried hard too, just had some track troubles tonight, pushed hard in all of the races. Wolves management have a tricky decision to make now whether to keep Nicholls or have Thorssell back. Personally I would keep Nicholls and have Thorssell temp until Nick is fit. Superb meeting after missing last week, 2 weeks till the next Wolves one now.

thanks to everyone who followed the updates tonight, BBC WM for providing commentary and Islander for updating us and Belle Vue pc side at the same time. 

It has to be Jacob it's a no brainer Nicholls hasn't been that brilliant and wouldn't expect him to keep it up. Jacob will be a 8+ rider Nicholls won't.You can't bring Jacob in as a replacement for Morris as his average is higher and he is in the original declared 1-7 & Nicholls is a temporary replacement, Nicholls could be a temporary replacement for Morris to save using R/R if Jacob is back 1st.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bruno said:

Track was a bit tricky early on just thinking if it's like that next week for us there should be some fun and games to say the least

I think it was to do with all the rain over the weekend, it will be fine next week

On 4/30/2019 at 8:49 PM, shadowfax said:

It has to be Jacob it's a no brainer Nicholls hasn't been that brilliant and wouldn't expect him to keep it up. Jacob will be a 8+ rider Nicholls won't.You can't bring Jacob in as a replacement for Morris as his average is higher and he is in the original declared 1-7 & Nicholls is a temporary replacement, Nicholls could be a temporary replacement for Morris to save using R/R if Jacob is back 1st.

Have a look at this weeks Star, how bad have the other heat leaders been then if Scott is your best rider so far? 

52 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Have a look at this weeks Star, how bad have the other heat leaders been then if Scott is your best rider so far? 

Scott has been ok and probably better than expected. He has top scored twice out of 6 official meetings. And without looking is probably our highest overall average. But I wouldn’t want to keep him ahead of Jacob. 

His rolling average has increased to 6.51 so can still be a temporary replacement to Nick if it was agreed before the 1st May effective changes.

Edited by stevebrum
Wrong information

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Scott has been ok and probably better than expected. He has top scored twice out of 6 official meetings. And without looking is probably our highest overall average. But I wouldn’t want to keep him ahead of Jacob. 

His rolling average has increased to 6.51 so can still be a temporary replacement to Nick if it was agreed before the 1st May effective changes.

I still can’t see how Wolves have a facility for a rider that hasn’t ridden for them and no signs of him making an appearance anytime soon.

Edited by Steve0

Some Swindon fans suggested they hadn't seen much of Morris last season either :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I still can’t see how Wolves have a facility for a rider that hasn’t ridden for them and no signs of him making an appearance anytime soon.

I’m not sure then what Wolves are meant to do if a rider isn’t fit to start the season?

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

16.5.2 For an absent rider with a) an assessed MA b) has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season a 28-day Facility may be granted at the Directors discretion.

But I would imagine that this has expired now, as we have no meeting until the 13th it will be interesting to see what happens if Morris is still not fit.

5 hours ago, shadowfax said:

16.5.2 For an absent rider with a) an assessed MA b) has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season a 28-day Facility may be granted at the Directors discretion.

But I would imagine that this has expired now, as we have no meeting until the 13th it will be interesting to see what happens if Morris is still not fit.

The 28 days makes sense because otherwise teams could have a “ghost rider” for pretty much as long as they want and that doesn’t seem fair.  As you say, it will be interesting to see when he returns/what happens next

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The 28 days makes sense because otherwise teams could have a “ghost rider” for pretty much as long as they want and that doesn’t seem fair.  As you say, it will be interesting to see when he returns/what happens next

As is everything it will come down to the big myth of ‘in the best interest of British speedway’ rule that allows the BSPA to adapt/alter/change/ignore delete as applicable.

The rule seems clear but yes I agree it would seem odd if it was extended further but won’t be surprised if it is either.

such is the unpredictability/reliability of the supposed applied rules.