British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh Shield 28/4/19 @5pm

First time ever no thread started for this , I'm on the train back from Berwick and trying to do this on my phone , so I hope it works 

23 minutes ago, Paulco said:

First time ever no thread started for this , I'm on the train back from Berwick and trying to do this on my phone , so I hope it works 

there is nothing coming through paulco .

• Haha 1

Having switched to night meetings lm not a fan of Sunday afternoons. The track is often much drier and different to ride. Should still be a home win but may not be comfortable. Lets get stuck in.

A couple of years ago there would have been multiple pages of comments on here by now. Sad state of affairs these days.....

6 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

A couple of years ago there would have been multiple pages of comments on here by now. Sad state of affairs these days.....

More likely a sign that very few 0131 are interested never mind travelling over. For both teams though the season has yet to get going, the June fixtures will likely  be more hotly debated.

Don't see Glasgow being troubled much.  Cookie will be untouchable with decent back up from vissing and jensen.  Bickley will score well at reserve. 

For us Wells will have a decent return and Heeps is on good form.  Pickering will be entertaining but unlikely to score more than 6/7. Rest I fear will be also rans. 

Been wrong before so will watch the updates with interest.  

Easy Tigers victory

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Comfortable home win 

Well at least you got that right, pretty one sided and comfortable win for the stripes.

Some good races in this one with Pickering, Wells, Jensen and Cook. Despite pinning back the Monarchs to just 2 heat wins/heat advantages we should have scored more. Frustratingly they both came after the much maligned ht10 interval having bossed it up to then. Makes me think we could of got something on Friday night.

Onward to Friday with NCL.

• Like 1

We were rather rubbish, need sedgy to find a bit of form don’t know how much longer I can put up watching Lawson. 

On a slightly different note watching cook today win his races with rather ease other than it doing good to his bank balance how is beating all these guys in a watered down league helping him with his aspirations to become a GP rider once again 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

Cook is practicing his passing skills for when his “ big day” comes,he wasn’t very good at it last time in the GP.;)

44 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

We were rather rubbish, need sedgy to find a bit of form don’t know how much longer I can put up watching Lawson. 

On a slightly different note watching cook today win his races with rather ease other than it doing good to his bank balance how is beating all these guys in a watered down league helping him with his aspirations to become a GP rider once again 

Who cares, i would be more worried about your riders not winning races.

Thought that would be more of a concern to you rather than the opposition number 1 dominating your heat leaders.

• Like 1

Another trip up to Glasgow, a regular now!!

A few other Comets fans there also.

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

We were rather rubbish, need sedgy to find a bit of form don’t know how much longer I can put up watching Lawson

We should have emptied Lawson before his GSA plummeted from 4 to 3 as now, the likes of the Aussie 4 pt free agents, List & MacDonald cannot be signed as direct replacements.

It was apparent from the opening matches that Oor Wullie is quite happy to turn out on crap equipment and after seeing the same thing in his late 2018 comeback, the Monarchs management still seem paralysed from making a change.

Re Sedgmen, given his poor performances in the UK in 2018 and his indifferent performances in Oz during the Winter, I was surprised he was Monarchs first confirmed signing for 2019 on a starting GSA that he was/is unlikely to reach, and thereby made it difficult to track two 7+ heat leaders as most other ambitious teams have done. 

If it's the same team on Friday, expect Berwick to brush us aside without too much resistance.

• Like 2