British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh Shield 28/4/19 @5pm

8 hours ago, Gazc said:

Who cares, i would be more worried about your riders not winning races.

Thought that would be more of a concern to you rather than the opposition number 1 dominating your heat leaders.

Just an opinion, I am allowed one. 

Fully aware of our current problem was the same at Newcastle the week before not enough race winners can’t get heat advantages if we aren’t winning races.

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Just an opinion, I am allowed one. 

Fully aware of our current problem was the same at Newcastle the week before not enough race winners can’t get heat advantages if we aren’t winning races.

Fair enough, I was surprised at the very few heat winners you had but the season is still in it's infancy.

7 hours ago, cyclone said:

We should have emptied Lawson before his GSA plummeted from 4 to 3 as now, the likes of the Aussie 4 pt free agents, List & MacDonald cannot be signed as direct replacements.

It was apparent from the opening matches that Oor Wullie is quite happy to turn out on crap equipment and after seeing the same thing in his late 2018 comeback, the Monarchs management still seem paralysed from making a change.

Re Sedgmen, given his poor performances in the UK in 2018 and his indifferent performances in Oz during the Winter, I was surprised he was Monarchs first confirmed signing for 2019 on a starting GSA that he was/is unlikely to reach, and thereby made it difficult to track two 7+ heat leaders as most other ambitious teams have done. 

If it's the same team on Friday, expect Berwick to brush us aside without too much resistance.

Would be expecting Sedgmen to pushing for the 3rd heat leader role in the side but with the start to the season he’s had he’s not really cutting at 2nd string at the moment, hopefully his form picks up soon.

wells still doesn’t seem his normal self but does seem to be improving as each meeting goes by, Joel has been steady and doing the job expected of him tbh along with Luke. 

Heeps and Josh have been a joy to watch so far this season and long may that continue. 

Willie either needs to buy new machinery or move on it’s really as simple as that imo, on a 4 point average in this league this season against some of the guys that are in the league this year he really should be cleaning up.

• Like 2

The bizarre sequence of events at the start of heat 10 was the only real talking point after this mainly one sided derby . I always thought that riders could leave the track after a first bend fall , especially the rider who walked back to the pits after falling .

The tigers heat leaders dominated a fairly tame Edinburgh side with only Wells and Pickering offering any resistance . 

Cook imperious as usual , thankfully missing the gate in one of his rides to give us an overtaking masterclass.  Jensen impressed again round his new home track , unlucky with the puncture during heat 15 . 

One more Shield home match to go before the real stuff begins . 

Edited by Paulco

58 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Fair enough, I was surprised at the very few heat winners you had but the season is still in it's infancy.

We only have half a season these days.:(

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

On a slightly different note watching cook today win his races with rather ease other than it doing good to his bank balance how is beating all these guys in a watered down league helping him with his aspirations to become a GP rider once again 

The same criticism was being aimed at Cook on here during his last season at Armadale . The response from your end of the M8 was a bit different then .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Paulco said:

The same criticism was being aimed at Cook on here during his last season at Armadale . The response from your end of the M8 was a bit different then .

You mean the same season he was riding Elite league too? 

31 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

You mean the same season he was riding Elite league too? 

That's the one , and he would have been this year too , but for the nonsense at Peterborough . He will be again before too much longer no doubt 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Maybe from some but my stance has always been the same need to be riding in the top leagues if you want to be riding with the elite in the GPs. That’s where you’re going to be tested and learn the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

The bizarre sequence of events at the start of heat 10 was the only real talking point after this mainly one sided derby . I always thought that riders could leave the track after a first bend fall , especially the rider who walked back to the pits after falling .

The tigers heat leaders dominated a fairly tame Edinburgh side with only Wells and Pickering offering any resistance . 

Cook imperious as usual , thankfully missing the gate in one of his rides to give us an overtaking masterclass.  Jensen impressed again round his new home track , unlucky with the puncture during heat 15 . 

One more Shield home match to go before the real stuff begins . 

Missed the gate in the first running of his first 3 rides shame they all got pulled back otherwise would’ve had some more entertainment.