British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Poole v Belle Vue Thurs 2nd May 2019

4 minutes ago, Aviator said:

I try to be neither a “half full or half empty” type of individual but, just say it as I see it. I am however a long time motorcyclist and there are three things you try and avoid when riding your motorcycle 1/ idiot car drivers, 2/ manholes, 3/ potholes. Fortunately, the former are either not allowed on the Poole track or, built into the track. However, there is an abundance of potholes, all of which can and should be sorted. Why oh why don’t the Poole promotion focus on making the Poole track the best in the country and, in doing so give us decent elbow to elbow racing. If then trophies happen because we can deliver decent competitive, no excuse racing, that’s the icing on the cake.

Because it costs money .And they don't want to spend it, but happy to take it. That's the only reason I can think of unfortunately.  

Comments made by Middleditch in last weeks SS about the dusty track took some believing saying that the riders should talk to the track curator.

Does he think his job as a manager of the team shouldn’t include making sure the track is fit for purpose!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, GWC said:

Comments made by Middleditch in last weeks SS about the dusty track took some believing saying that the riders should talk to the track curator.

Does he think his job as a manager of the team shouldn’t include making sure the track is fit for purpose!

Not a chance, he only wants to do the “glory” bit of the job like having his photo taken with “the boys” and chatting gibberish on the pa and tv. 

• Like 1

Maybe the Aces just weren't happy racing on the bumps etc so let the meeting go?

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Maybe the Aces just weren't happy racing on the bumps etc so let the meeting go?

I guess it depends how dangerous they think it is? 

48 minutes ago, GWC said:

If Ford won't pay out for shale and the track to be sorted, then Middlo will lay blame anywhere, but not at his buddies doorstep..

The riders did talk the track man. After it got dusty, apparently they asked for it not to be watered. And someone that day apologised and said that the riders asked for it not to be watered... :blink:

IMHO the only reason not to water a track in that state, is that there wasn't enough shale on the track and if it was watered, the base would be like an ice rink.

All it needs is money spending, and it looks to me like Ford want's to pocket as much as he can, without spending.

As i've said before Poole are the best supported, always been well sponsored, one of the most expensive for families( charges for kids), save £1000's on Kevlars , yet the track must be the worst in the league. Says it all.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Lidsey broke his collar bone and had it screwed together a few weeks ago. 

14 minutes ago, ouch said:

Lidsey broke his collar bone and had it screwed together a few weeks ago. 

A month ago. Most are ok after a couple of weeks.

Just now, foreverblue said:

One could imagine a bumpy, potholey track not being particularly comfortable for him though even after a month. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Dont understand why you criticizing jamion young lad just starting out ?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Jaimon has had a baptism of fire. 

Faced Peterborough 3 times who have very strong reserves. 

Went Ipswich who again have very strong reserves. 

Went wolves which is a very technical track but got a race win

Then finally at Poole who again have very strong reserves  

Hes not seen any of the lse tracks before or raced in this country before but he has shown me enough to stick with him. Should improve 2nd half of the season. 

Berge and wells though

Not so sure about. 

Didn’t expect much from Berge, Jamion as you say will improve in the 2nd half of the season. He’s a quality rider who just needs time.

Ricky has surprised me. He’s been such a dependable rider over his career and I thought at 2nd string he’d be absolutely fine but he can’t buy a win barely at the moment.

Wouldnt change anything just yet I think it will come.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The bottom line is that much of British speedway is an overpriced, atmosphere-less and pretty unentertaining night out and it simply has to change. 

You believe it, I believe it and many others do too. But the Powers that Be ( yes I know they are investing their own money and that of some sponsors ) will NOT accept it. In the world where  90+% of promoters dwell - "All is well and things will soon "bounce back" is their take on it - at least in public. It is like other problems (gambling, alcohol or drug addiction ) until you admit you have a problem and know clearly what that problem is - change of any kind will not happen. UK speedway finds itself in that place.

When the league structure finally crumbles we can only hope that speedway racing on a semi-pro basis will continue at a few places. It may not though.

Nigel tried to get the crowd motivated last night to no avail the stadium had no atmosphere at all 

55 minutes ago, ray c said:

Dont understand why you criticizing jamion young lad just starting out ?

Keeps the onus off the track .....

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Belle Vue have never brought a coach to Poole in decades. Rob B used to organise a mini bus but since he got married that now doesn’t seem to happen. Didn’t see a single BV fan there tonight. But guess they know they were in for a spanking.

Who in their right mind would make a 500 mile round trip, on Thursday to watch speedway on 'that'  circuit ?

• Like 1