British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Poole v Belle Vue Thurs 2nd May 2019

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Dont understand why you criticizing jamion young lad just starting out ?

Apparently one Pirates fan ( BLACKHEART )  believes Aces have  ..." Big problems with Jaimon Lydsey " ?

Unbelievable 

7 hours ago, Aviator said:

Unless things Improve dramatically, I’m pretty certain this will be my last year of watching Poole at Wimborne Road. It’s just not worth the frustration of watching “precession” speedway on a poorly prepared track.. Bend 1 was pretty dire last night with riders having to concentrate on missing the famous pothole rather than muscling through the bend. After that came the inevitable  precession!!

Promoters are lining up in Speedway Star to tell us the product is great. It seems the fans disagree 

The Poole threads always make fun reading.

We have Shovlar expecting Belle Vue fans to do a 500 odd mile round trip on a Thursday evening 

i would imagine one of 3 things......people will either be at work Thursday....at work Friday or both.

This would make it highly unlikely that anyone would travel. 

Why would anyone take that time off work to watch speedway on the worst track in the league.

Add in most people have a family and it would seem unlikely anyone would go.

And then we have people moaning about Lidsey.....laughable......young lad first visit to Poole must have shocked him that a track could be that bad

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

We have Shovlar expecting Belle Vue fans to do a 500 odd mile round trip on a Thursday evening 

i would imagine one of 3 things......people will either be at work Thursday....at work Friday or both.

Why would anyone take that time off work to watch speedway on the worst track in the league.

And then we have people moaning about Lidsey.....laughable......young lad first visit to Poole must have shocked him that a track could be that bad

BV fans travelled on a Weds last season, what's the difference? 

Belle vue fans always have s fee fans who attend Poole, myself 1 of them  but with it being so early in season I think, like me most will attend in the summer months when its warmer and weather is more predictable, 

Its  nothing tondo with thr state of the track. While it's not great at the moment in general thenpoole track is one of thr best. And if they ever do sort it then it will be up there with the best in UK 

Should imagine pooles crowds are alot bigger in summer months with holiday goers and away fans making the most of a few days away at the beach.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Who in their right mind would make a 500 mile round trip, on Thursday to watch speedway on 'that'  circuit ?

You would expect BV fans to more sympathetic considering they had Kirky Lane for a number of years. Instead you are recommending people don't go which would result in the club closing down. Maybe think before you post...?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You would expect BV fans to more sympathetic considering they had Kirky Lane for a number of years. Instead you are recommending people don't go which would result in the club closing down. Maybe think before you post...?

He's not. And he's not wrong either. It's a hell of a jaunt for belle vue supporters and it absolutely has to be right to make it worth it.

Poole is a fabulous track, but its poorly prepared and that is now impacting people's decision making in terms of attendance, especially when the travel is so acute. 

Being sympathetic isn't relevant, at the end of the day there is work to be done at Poole in the same way as there was at kirky lane, and people voted with their feet there too, and they only lived up the road.

I have no sympathy for the state of your track because frankly you have more control over it than we ever did at the dog track.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, acef said:

He's not. And he's not wrong either. It's a hell of a jaunt for belle vue supporters and it absolutely has to be right to make it worth it.

Poole is a fabulous track, but its poorly prepared and that is now impacting people's decision making in terms of attendance, especially when the travel is so acute. 

Being sympathetic isn't relevant, at the end of the day there is work to be done at Poole in the same way as there was at kirky lane, and people voted with their feet there too, and they only lived up the road.

I have no sympathy for the state of your track because frankly you have more control over it than we ever did at the dog track.

It may be money need's to be spent but personally i cant see it love to be proved wrong though 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Belle vue fans always have s fee fans who attend Poole, myself 1 of them  but with it being so early in season I think, like me most will attend in the summer months when its warmer and weather is more predictable, 

Its  nothing tondo with thr state of the track. While it's not great at the moment in general thenpoole track is one of thr best. And if they ever do sort it then it will be up there with the best in UK 

Should imagine pooles crowds are alot bigger in summer months with holiday goers and away fans making the most of a few days away at the beach.

You are bang on but I still think there crowds will be down. Even Poole fans are getting pissed with the state of what was once a great circuit. It still can be, but until they actually fix it properly crowds will continue to fall which is absolutely scandalous given that towns catchment.

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Dont understand why you criticizing jamion young lad just starting out ?

Not criticizing just stating facts.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Lidsey has been to Poole more times than Blackheart if he is who I think he is!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Lidsey has been to Poole more times than Blackheart if he is who I think he is!!

Correct

31 minutes ago, acef said:

You are bang on but I still think there crowds will be down. Even Poole fans are getting pissed with the state of what was once a great circuit. It still can be, but until they actually fix it properly crowds will continue to fall which is absolutely scandalous given that towns catchment.

I agree, I have supported Poole for many years and the poor state of the track certainly makes me think twice about going. I have seen some fantastic racing there over the years and it is a shame that it is being neglected at this moment in time. Give the fans a good circuit and they will return, I am sure that the poor crowd last night was in part due to the terrible event dished up at Easter.

2 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Who in their right mind would make a 500 mile round trip, on Thursday to watch speedway on 'that'  circuit ?

Yet there will be Poole fans making the trip all the way to Manchester on Monday for a lunchtime start. Guess we have fans who follow the team through thick and thin.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

BV fans travelled on a Weds last season, what's the difference? 

Exactly. Looks like BV only have glory hunting fans nowdays. How many years since their last title? A generation ago!:party:

• Haha 2