British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Poole v Belle Vue Thurs 2nd May 2019

26 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Lydsey never seen the track before tonight,  " big problems " ? ...what a ridiculous thing to say 

Well he hasn't being pulling up any trees on his home track either but early days i am sure he will get better as the season progresses.

Well it was a stroll in the park for the Champs. Expected Belle Vue to put up a good fight but in truth they were never in it from the first two heats. No wonder there were no travelling supporters if they are that poor on the road.

Track not good. The first three heats produced the best racing but then it dried out and was pretty much follow the leader. Hose pipes not used once during the meeting for some unfathomable reason. Plenty of track grading going on though and the issue of the first bend bump is back big time.

Tonight Poole showed strength in depth. A solid team with only Covatti struggling after a good first ride.

How on earth did Holder get motm?

Brady excellent tonight. Only dropped one point and some good blasts through. For BV Fricke tried as did munchkin. Bewley struggled as the meeting went on. Fitness? 

Next week Ipswich in town.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A tougher test to follow then :)

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well it was a stroll in the park for the Champs. Expected Belle Vue to put up a good fight but in truth they were never in it from the first two heats. No wonder there were no travelling supporters if they are that poor on the road.

Track not good. The first three heats produced the best racing but then it dried out and was pretty much follow the leader. Hose pipes not used once during the meeting for some unfathomable reason. Plenty of track grading going on though and the issue of the first bend bump is back big time.

Tonight Poole showed strength in depth. A solid team with only Covatti struggling after a good first ride.

How on earth did Holder get motm?

Brady excellent tonight. Only dropped one point and some good blasts through. For BV Fricke tried as did munchkin. Bewley struggled as the meeting went on. Fitness? 

This is taken from the SCB website

"Financed entirely by fees generated through the issue of Track Licences, Rider Registrations and Officials Licences the SCB seeks to act as the independent body to ensure that the BSPA, Member’s Tracks, Riders and Officials all act within the Rules and Regulations of the SCB and most importantly within the best interest of Speedway motorcycle racing."

Maybe the time is right for one of the two track inspectors -Doc Bridgett and Mick Bates to pay the track a visit.

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Ftg

Expected. That’s why it’s the only track so far and going forward that we don’t run a coach to. It’s just not our cup of tea. 

Feel for the few speedway fans down there. :(

another gate and go meeting no passing to shout about belle vue look a poor side this time around .and as ss said how jack got motm  I don't know .

• Like 1

Nice to see Richie getting amongst the points but Josh struggling. Think Belle Vue just ran out of steam but its early days, Bewley looked good for his first few rides then tailed off but I.m sure that’s down to fitness. I thought Lidsey looked a promising prospect considering he has not ridden the track before but he attacked it. The rest of the Poole team got stuck in and were rewarded with a win which I”ll take at the moment. Very surprised with motm but maybe the sponsors saw something I didn’t”!!

• Like 1

Well done Pirates on a deserved victory ,

Re BV,  hard to explain why coach loads of Aces fans didn't make the trip to Dorset on a Thursday night ?

From what I've read on here  the racing was top notch ;)

Belle Vue have never brought a coach to Poole in decades. Rob B used to organise a mini bus but since he got married that now doesn’t seem to happen. Didn’t see a single BV fan there tonight. But guess they know they were in for a spanking.

• Haha 2

The stage that the promotion sets for today’s speedway matches at Poole is a shambles. The days of great racing where you would leave the stadium with “your head on fire” are long gone. The track is a mess (and has been for a number of years) and the racing is bordering on non existent and boring. Not sure I can put up with this for much longer!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well he hasn't being pulling up any trees on his home track either but early days i am sure he will get better as the season progresses.

Has had a couple of decent home matches and at least 1 decent one away. He also took a race win at Wolves. But an average of around 3.60 from all his meetings is a more telling story (without bonus points).

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Belle Vue have never brought a coach to Poole in decades. Rob B used to organise a mini bus but since he got married that now doesn’t seem to happen. Didn’t see a single BV fan there tonight. But guess they know they were in for a spanking.

In truth who wants to bother travelling hours for a shocking racetrack prep?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aviator said:

The stage that the promotion sets for today’s speedway matches at Poole is a shambles. The days of great racing where you would leave the stadium with “your head on fire” are long gone. The track is a mess (and has been for a number of years) and the racing is bordering on non existent and boring. Not sure I can put up with this for much longer!!

No surprise then that no BV fans bothered going.It won't be like this at the NSS on Monday that's for sure.