British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies v Eagles 1.5.19

BIRMINGHAM: Ulrich Ostergaard, Tobias Thomsen, Zach Wajtknecht, Ashley Morris, Kyle Newman, Paco Castagna, James Shanes.

EASTBOURNE: Edward Kennett, Ben Morley, Alfie Bowtell, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Georgie Wood, Tom Brennan.

Edited by Brummies_Ste

Fingers crossed for the weather....unfortunately the forecast is almost identical to last week!

Be interesting to see how the management play this one ? It will be a gamble whatever the decision!

Edited by GiveusaB

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Fingers crossed for the weather....unfortunately the forecast is almost identical to last week!

Be interesting to see how the management play this one ? It will be a gamble whatever the decision!

I don't envy them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Funny.....this is how serious our sport is taken by our local radio station??? .... 'all morning on the sports bulletin, they've been announcing that Brummies kick off their season with a championship shield meeting against Somerset' ???

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I don't envy them.

I think the sums will be - Leicester may have brought 100/150 with them and we need it dry and sunny to make most of that; but Eagles might bring 20-30 so we'll keep everything crossed and wait til the last minute that we are obliged to pay the Rent b4 deciding.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think the sums will be - Leicester may have brought 100/150 with them and we need it dry and sunny to make most of that; but Eagles might bring 20-30 so we'll keep everything crossed and wait til the last minute that we are obliged to pay the Rent b4 deciding.

Makes sense!

Keeping everything crossed !

If it helps (to any Eastbourne supporter)? It's lovely and sunny at the moment : ) and to be fair (in the past) PB has coped very well with rain....so I'm very hopeful!

Edited by GiveusaB

All this thread will of done is reduce this evenings crowd with the constant rain pessimists . Its a glorious day the racing will be good anyone want to talk about the meeting ???? 

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Funny.....this is how serious our sport is taken by our local radio station??? .... 'all morning on the sports bulletin, they've been announcing that Brummies kick off their season with a championship shield meeting against Somerset' ???

A. The fact its getting any mention let alone "all morning " is fantastic. The fact the opposition is incorrect neither here nor there in terms of enticing or reminding fans to go(imo).

B.This will be the fault of our own media giving them the wrong information or not giving them updated information. 

I am not sure what station you have been listening to so will assume WM . They cover speedway in the west midlands fantastically and we are lucky to get the coverage we do . I think they cover between 20-25 live commentary meetings a year . In my humble opinion there coverage of Speedway is far from not taking the sport seriously as you have alluded too.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

All this thread will of done is reduce this evenings crowd with the constant rain pessimists . Its a glorious day the racing will be good anyone want to talk about the meeting ???? 

Which thread are you referring to ?

P.S I think Barcelona v Liverpool will have more of an impact on crowd attendance tonight, than any passing comment about weather forecasts (unfortunately) !

Edited by GiveusaB

28 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Which thread are you referring to ?

P.S I think Barcelona v Liverpool will have more of an impact on crowd attendance tonight, than any passing comment about weather forecasts (unfortunately) !

Yeah quite possibly although we regularly clash with high profile CL fixtures and i have never noticed or heard it mentioned even to of affected the attendance. 

Most Brummies fans appear to hate football anyway with there fuddy duddy " you have a  football fan mentality " if you dare to have an opinion.

Ultimately i want as many people going to the Brummies as possible as i am sure you do and constant discussions about weather  in my opinion do not help. 

I take it you have raised the white flag regarding local radio coverage ? only kidding up the Brummies and have a great evening.

• Like 1

I agree with you entirely about the weather chat, but after last weeks early decision, it's bound to be a popular topic this week (imo) plus, it's a very long way for Eastbourne fans to travel midweek, so I think it's only fair to give them as accurate updates as possible.....just for the record my last (weather)comment was:

If it helps (to any Eastbourne supporter)? It's lovely and sunny at the moment : ) and to be fair (in the past) PB has coped very well with rain....so I'm very hopeful!

:t:

Have a great night too.....'Up the Brummies' !

• Like 1

Delighted to see the new era Eagles can win away. We Eastbourne fans rather got used to away success in NL having been starved in EL.

Well done lads - excellent result. 

Hope everyone sees who top scored.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Delighted to see the new era Eagles can win away. We Eastbourne fans rather got used to away success in NL having been starved in EL.

Well done lads - excellent result. 

Hope everyone sees who top scored.

If you take anything from that your deluded . The worst Brummies performance i have seen for 10 years . A couple of NL teams would of got close to us this evening. Copy and paste for every away this season who comes to perry barr . As the song goes your nothing special we lose every week.That said congratulations from heat 1 to 15 by far the better team . 

The crowd was as shocking as the teams performance tonight does not bode well i am afraid .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

2 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If you take anything from that your deluded . The worst Brummies performance i have seen for 10 years . A couple of NL teams would of got close to us this evening. Copy and paste for every away this season who comes to perry barr . As the song goes your nothing special we lose every week.

The crowd was as shocking as the teams performance tonight does not bode well i am afraid .

Happy to be deluded. We won and won by a mile. Even let you have a flourish mid match to make the score look not too bad.

We know there are harder days ahead but we will celebrate our successes.

Eastbourne teams just get better as the season goes on--it's what we do

23 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Happy to be deluded. We won and won by a mile. Even let you have a flourish mid match to make the score look not too bad.

We know there are harder days ahead but we will celebrate our successes.

Eastbourne teams just get better as the season goes on--it's what we do

You never let us do anything,we just pulled our finger out for 4-5 heats then we were just beat by better riders. By every means celebrate but i would not take anything from tonights meeting it will only be a false dawn .The current Birmingham 1-7 will lose every single match this season that after tonight is a fact . 

Not only do we have the worst 1-7  but we also have a tactically inept manger,the worst in the league probably all 3 divisions.

I am not sure if you was there or not .if you were safe journey if not your correct celebrate but this Brummies performance was disgraceful . 

I am really disappointed to be honest bud . I know our team was going to struggle but to get beat so much at home with such poor managerial decisions is really really frustrating  .Nothing against you or Eastbourne good luck for the rest of the season .

To sum it up it would be like celebrating a 0-5 in a two rider race. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie