British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies v Eagles 1.5.19

6 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Early on this thread somebody posted about exciting racing , its a horrid thing to say but fans just wanna see a side win especially at home.

Ive abs no idea who built this brummies team but it really is a shockingly built side with way too much pressure on the whole top 5 , out of interest it must be way under the limit ?

In fairness i said about racing quality and i have no real allegiance to any side so just prefer entertaining speedway to watch rather than boring home side wins. However i am in the minority of fans and spread my visits around tracks so i am not the target audience. 

As for the above IF it is true that the Promotion was considering sanctions against anyone who complained then they will have a very short and painful lesson in promotion as its often those who complain the most are actually those who have the most passion for a team. 

• Like 2

On the team front i hope the season turns around for the Birmingham fans but i must say the side looks woefully weak and unbalanced.Also at the start of the season i was amazed that both Bacon/ Hume were not included   maybe Tom wanted to ride at Peterborough maybe Danyon's injury record were the reasons.??

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

On the team front i hope the season turns around for the Birmingham fans but i must say the side looks woefully weak and unbalanced.Also at the start of the season i was amazed that both Bacon/ Hume were not included   maybe Tom wanted to ride at Peterborough maybe Danyon's injury record were the reasons.??

Unfortunately Tom was offered a ride while we were in our Limbo period of championship or National league and quite rightly for himself he took it . 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Unfortunately Tom was offered a ride while we were in our Limbo period of championship or National league and quite rightly for himself he took it . 

Completely agree and Tom's ability to switch and succeed on various tracks will see him progress steadily in the sport. Must say i was equally shocked the Hume was not in the side but perhaps Paco was a better business move for the club?

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Completely agree and Tom's ability to switch and succeed on various tracks will see him progress steadily in the sport. Must say i was equally shocked the Hume was not in the side but perhaps Paco was a better business move for the club?

Hope Hume gets a chance and stays injury free as he is an ecxiting rider to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Sings, Zach certainly is not the problem in fact he is doing just fine from 5.3 ave scoring 8, 9 , 6, 6, 6 and 7 so scoring above his average in every single meeting this season . I am not sure that is qualified as stalling ?

Personally i would be looking at replacing Tobias asap as the initial change . I also think Dave Mason if possible should look at advising Mr Rodgers in tactical switches etc . I know you say the meeting was over but its not the point but the only person in the entire stadium who would of put Newman in heat 11 as the tactical  switch was unfortunately the person making the tactical switch  .

I'm not sure why anybody is amazed at the tactical sub move - Rogers has proven time and time again over the years he is shocking when it comes to making tactical moves and I'm amazed people continue to employ him to do so. It's great what he does with the younger riders but a tactical genius he is not.

• Like 2

Tom took a guaranteed team place as he couldn’t risk waiting any longer for the Brummies to decide which league to go in  and totally missing out on a team spot elsewhere 

yes, Danyon’s shoulder injuries were considered as risk due to their regularity and the amount of meetings he missed because of them 

it’s my understanding that Mitchell Davey and at least one other rider were given assurances that they wise guaranteed a team place for this season, regardless of which league we were in then, those places suddenly disappeared over the winter 

I’m sure most Brummies fans would have been much happier having Tom, Danyon  and Mitch in the team  we might not be a much better team but the fans would have had some continuity and riders who they had a strong bond with and as such, would probably cut them more slack 

Unlike some posters, I don’t hide my identity, even having my photo by my name on the Brummies forum so, knowing the management monitor that forum, presumably, they do the same here so, if I get  banned for airing my views, so be it 

There seem to be about three or four of us who are prepared to say it as it is and I’ve already been questioned this season as to the identity of two of those other people so as you can see, it maybe doesn’t pay to be to free with any criticisms 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

There seem to be about three or four of us who are prepared to say it as it is and I’ve already been questioned this season as to the identity of two of those other people so as you can see, it maybe doesn’t pay to be to free with any criticisms 

So what are you saying ? are/were the management looking at banning supporters who had a critical view ? Yes or No ?

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

9 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Sadly, as you’ve found to your own cost “Give us a B”, the Brummies forum only accepts positive views made by people with rose tinted glasses. Anything remotely negative just gets you slaughtered or banned, as you well know 

I you were able to go onto said forum, you’d see that it is virtually dead!! 

Hardly anyone posts anymore. I think most people have decided that if you have nothing good to say then say NOTHING!!!

yes, I do mix a lot with the management and am torn as to wether or not to email them with my views as I genuinely feel for them. 

I fully appreciate them saving our club and understand their reasons for putting together this team. I also know from talking to them last season just how upset they were with the criticisms they received. I know that at one stage, there was the possibility of them wanting the forum shut down and even a feeling of considering strong sanctions against certain fans so, 

what do you do? 

I don’t want to get banned and I don’t want to be seen as the reason why the promotion walk away but, I have strong views and want to see the club flourish. This will not happen with this team 

it really hurts me to see my beloved team in such a poor state of affairs and venting on here helps ease the stress and the feeling of saying enough is enough and walking away from the sport. 

What would  you do Give Us A B?  Would you email the promotion and  if so, what response do you think you would get?

one abiding memory for me of last season, was just how extremely angry the promotion was over the criticisms they were hearing  and the actions they considered because of those criticisms 

should I email my thoughts to them?

I respect your honesty and can totally relate to your observations about the 'red/yellow' glasses brigade...I was a victim as you well know : )

As for emailing the management? I think you're well within your rights to email them and air your thoughts/views....(but may be not straight after a performance like last night ) LOL

As for response? The only answer I think you'll get is a 'financial' related one?

I feel for the Masons because they've given us 'half' of what we long serving fans want ? (first class speedway/but a second rate team) and I'm not sure they are prepared to give us the other half whilst attendances are so low? now that Lee Kilby looks like he's leaving us, I really feel we might struggle to attract more backing etc.....(hope I'm wrong)

I think the management will respect your views. Especially after your commitment and loyal support to the team over the years.

Good luck Hobbit !:t:

Edited by GiveusaB

40 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I'm not sure why anybody is amazed at the tactical sub move - Rogers has proven time and time again over the years he is shocking when it comes to making tactical moves and I'm amazed people continue to employ him to do so. It's great what he does with the younger riders but a tactical genius he is not.

Pay peanuts you get Monkeys, 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

seen Brennan a few times and heard him interviewed at track, comes over to me as quite shy so not sure where the "arrogance" remark comes from, although have never met or spoke to the kid personally.

Arrogance with some aggression on the bike, and personable off it. Just what you want in a top flight rider.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Isnt ht 8 a "protected" race thought changes arnt allowed 

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

So what are you saying ? are/were the management looking at banning supporters who had a critical view ? Yes or No ?

Yes ( towards the end of last season, particularly when the  criticism of Laurence Rogers was at it’s height and he got very upset by it ). 

Heard nothing from the management this season and haven’t felt like getting involved in any discussions with them 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Yes ( towards the end of last season, particularly when the  criticism of Laurence Rogers was at it’s height and he got very upset by it ). 

Heard nothing from the management this season and haven’t felt like getting involved in any discussions with them 

Aww poor Rogers im sure he had some tissues in his glove box........just on top of Gary Flints licence and next to the scrabble mans UK passport :D

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I am critical of Mr Rogers but that is purely/solely on a professional level in terms of his management of the Birmingham Brummies absolutely nothing personal at all.  

If this is the case i find it quite childish and pathetic of the management .If they expect me to give them £19.50 every other week to not be allowed to give my own assessment of what i continue to spend my money on well they can STICK IT.

Well after this revelation i shall do the management a favour and i shall not been seen at Perry Barr any time soon . For an extra £1.50 i shall watch go more regular to monmore than i do now to get my speedway fix. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie