British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies v Eagles 1.5.19

On 5/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am critical of Mr Rogers but that is purely/solely on a professional level in terms of his management of the Birmingham Brummies absolutely nothing personal at all.  

If this is the case i find it quite childish and pathetic of the management .If they expect me to give them £19.50 every other week to not be allowed to give my own assessment of what i continue to spend my money on well they can STICK IT.

Well after this revelation i shall do the management a favour and i shall not been seen at Perry Barr any time soon . For an extra £1.50 i shall watch go more regular to monmore than i do now to get my speedway fix. 

May we hope that you will also cease to post on Brummies threads?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Yes i was going to until i read this post ,but now i know it annoys some old fart from great barr who i see every other day i think i shall continue .

Well, if that sort of thing makes you happy ...  everyone can now see why this person was banned from the Brummies forum, for persistent trolling and personal insults.

Edited by *JJ

Hate to intrude but in these tough times for the Brummies, can I just suggest (and hope) that people take care with what they say and do.

Many years ago, there was a 'feeding frenzy' online about Eastbourne. Whether people's complaints were justified, or not, the comments did harm. They sapped morale throughout the club and it fed to sponsors. It was not a pretty.

Maybe Birmingham speedway needs to put someone 'up' to be the face of the club to answer queries/complaints etc...most of which are best done in private as feedback. We are fortunate at Eastbourne that the club's directors 'get it' - Jon and Ian welcome feedback (done properly, of course) and when long queues built up at the turnstiles, they went to talk to the supporters waiting to explain what was going on and that we wouldn't miss a race.

It's a two-way street from both the club and supporters point of view.

Just be nice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, Richard Weston said:

Hate to intrude but in these tough times for the Brummies, can I just suggest (and hope) that people take care with what they say and do.

Many years ago, there was a 'feeding frenzy' online about Eastbourne. Whether people's complaints were justified, or not, the comments did harm. They sapped morale throughout the club and it fed to sponsors. It was not a pretty.

Maybe Birmingham speedway needs to put someone 'up' to be the face of the club to answer queries/complaints etc...most of which are best done in private as feedback. We are fortunate at Eastbourne that the club's directors 'get it' - Jon and Ian welcome feedback (done properly, of course) and when long queues built up at the turnstiles, they went to talk to the supporters waiting to explain what was going on and that we wouldn't miss a race.

It's a two-way street from both the club and supporters point of view.

Just be nice.

Great post!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

Looking at the forecast for Wednesday, the weather question will be rearing its ugly head all over again!

On 5/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, *JJ said:

Well, if that sort of thing makes you happy ...  everyone can now see why this person was banned from the Brummies forum, for persistent trolling and personal insults.

???? never been banned from that forum . only ever posted on there twice . What a silly old man you are .

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, guitar_art said:

Now the 7 we have started with may not be the best in the league but they have been put together on a budget that hopefully ensures we last the season - something I am not convinced all other clubs will achieve. Watching the last three home matches, and the last two against fellow Championship clubs in particular, each of our riders have shown, albeit in glimpses, that they have the ability to win races around Perry Barr. Just look at last night, 5 of our 7 were paid for winning races and of the two that didn't one was Paco who as probably been the brightest spark of the season so far. I really don't think the effort they are putting in can be questioned (look at Tobias 2nd ride last night when he pushed all of the way for no reward) but its not their fault if at the moment on a regular basis they are not as good as the riders they are being asked to race against. One thing they do all need to work on though is their gating which is absolutely dreadful and if they cant get that right then perhaps we need to 'fix' the track accordingly!

I sincerely hope we don't make wholesale changes and we persevere with what we've got now - I'm not convinced the crowds will drop considerably just because we aren't winning (if we are honest could they get much poorer than last night?) but the sense of achievement when this team does win (and despite what others think I do believe we will break our duck) will be fantastic for all who witness it.

I have referred to my view on this before  and apologise for repeating it again. 

The thing is having a budget team can, in the end, result in a worse financial position than spending too much. Many speedway fans are horrendously fickle and want to see the team win, especially at home. 

If you start with a  budget team, fans will see it and think hard about coming. If you hit the ground running with that team, you'll be OK. If not,  the floating supporter won't come and you will lose some that gave the club the chance in the first place. You then have a most difficult job to get them back. 

The best example is Sheffield 2011/12. In 2011, the Tigers finished second in the PL with a heat leader trio of Parker, Auty & Ashworth but lost money. To try to remedy that, for 2012 they started with Franc, Hall & Wells as heat leaders. They ended up second bottom and losses at least doubled. 

A budget team doesn't necessarily mean survival. On the contrary, it can mean financial disaster. 

I very much respect your optimism here. The reality of the situation, however, is made for me by Brummie Kev's honest post above and given that he has stated his continuing loyalty despite being critical it would be most foolish to ignore him.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I have referred to my view on this before  and apologise for repeating it again. 

The thing is having a budget team can, in the end, result in a worse financial position than spending too much. Many speedway fans are horrendously fickle and want to see the team win, especially at home. 

If you start with a  budget team, fans will see it and think hard about coming. If you hit the ground running with that team, you'll be OK. If not,  the floating supporter won't come and you will lose some that gave the club the chance in the first place. You then have a most difficult job to get them back. 

The best example is Sheffield 2011/12. In 2011, the Tigers finished second in the PL with a heat leader trio of Parker, Auty & Ashworth but lost money. To try to remedy that, for 2012 they started with Franc, Hall & Wells as heat leaders. They ended up second bottom and losses at least doubled. 

A budget team doesn't necessarily mean survival. On the contrary, it can mean financial disaster. 

I very much respect your optimism here. The reality of the situation, however, is made for me by Brummie Kev's honest post above and given that he has stated his continuing loyalty despite being critical it would be most foolish to ignore him.   

Someone ITK at PB has told me 2 signings are imminent -one a returning rider with good PL regular /CL Heat Leader level experience and the other a leading NL level rider for several seasons . I know names but can't divulge but I think supporters will be very pleased.

39 minutes ago, HGould said:

Someone ITK at PB has told me 2 signings are imminent -one a returning rider with good PL regular /CL Heat Leader level experience and the other a leading NL level rider for several seasons . I know names but can't divulge but I think supporters will be very pleased.

I think I heard the same thing this afternoon.

Presume one of them used to ride for Brum in the NL and was pretty much unbeatable 

14 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

Presume one of them used to ride for Brum in the NL and was pretty much unbeatable 

Is he the one who's biding his time before taking over from Peter Kildemand in the Stal Gorzów team in Poland?

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Ellis,( yes)  Hume??? Davey? JPB? 

Ellis and Stoneman been confirmed. Happy with both signings

Ellis and Stoneman it is - didn't feel right to give names yesterday before Club announced but both should improve the side at top and bottom ends respectively. Ellis is a genuine heat Leader and Stoneman an out and out trier.

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

Ellis and Stoneman it is - didn't feel right to give names yesterday before Club announced but both should improve the side at top and bottom ends respectively. Ellis is a genuine heat Leader and Stoneman an out and out trier.

In place of whom?