British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Redcar v Scorpions 3.5.19 Shield

9 hours ago, jduffill said:

Tonight’s meeting is definitely on. It’s been dry all day here so no threat of a rain off.

Apologies for the message you were given by our hotline. We’ve had a bit of a technical problem with it which is being resolved at present.

Jitendra Duffill

Got there no probs and train back ok even said hi to u in the bar enjoyed the night if cold luved jordan and jake allen real racers be back soon when work allows .

• Like 1

Had to miss this one as I was “Dads Taxi” for the evening. Followed the updates and sounds like a good meeting.

Pleased for MPT as there were some Redcar fans already calling for him to be replaced.

1 hour ago, Youhave2minutes said:

And as always Auty always struggles away,  totally different  rider to the one at Scunny

Auty used to the really good around the STMP but was poor tonight.

Looked like a poor crowd tonight. Cold weather, nothing at stake as it was a shield fixture and a bank holiday weekend was maybe the cause.

Good meeting with entertaining racing.

Superb last bend pass by Jordan Stewart to pass Jake Allen

Great to see Jack Smith get 6 points with a tough heat 12 against two heat leaders but still on pace with them.

Charles Wright was immaculate.

Excellent score from Danny Ayres...

Look forward to my next visit

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

A meeting with not much to ride for as no cup progression at stake, however it was entertaining. Thought track was underwatered with too much dust and far too much tractor racing making it disjointed.  A strong performance from the home side, the difference being their Reserves scores against the Scorpion reserve scores.  Ryan not seen the track before but Josh Bailey is starting to worry me.  Thankfully no injuries and just another warm up to the League starting proper. We underperformed but at least I got my Friday night speedway fix.;)

Enjoyed that, despite the result. Auty really disappointing, and much like Scunny1 Bailey's starting to become a worry, Ryan can be excused as he's never seen the place. Jake and Danny were awesome! 

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

A meeting with not much to ride for as no cup progression at stake, however it was entertaining. Thought track was underwatered with too much dust and far too much tractor racing making it disjointed.  A strong performance from the home side, the difference being their Reserves scores against the Scorpion reserve scores.  Ryan not seen the track before but Josh Bailey is starting to worry me.  Thankfully no injuries and just another warm up to the League starting proper. We underperformed but at least I got my Friday night speedway fix.;)

Terry the trackman, usually gets his watering, pretty much spot on, but the dust started in the last 3 or 4 heats. In hindsight, maybe  some water during the interval, after heat 9, would have been good. Still it is a good horse that does not stumble, as they say. I think you are correct that the main difference, on the night, was at reserve. One point from 7 rides is not good enough.

I wasn't there last night but on the two occasions I have visited it has got dusty, I still think it is one of the better tracks in the country.

I didnt actually think the dust was too bad at all - standing on the second bend we normally get the brunt of it and was not too bad.

Think it is tricky to water the track too much when it was as cold as it was last night, could have easily gone too slippy.

1 minute ago, boz said:

I didnt actually think the dust was too bad at all - standing on the second bend we normally get the brunt of it and was not too bad.

Think it is tricky to water the track too much when it was as cold as it was last night, could have easily gone too slippy.

Yeah, you are right, once the dust starts to come, sometimes its too late to water. Even so it was a very entertaining match, with good passing, from riders on both teams.