British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Birmingham Championship 05/05/2019

First home league meeting of the season for the Tigers. Slightly later start time for this meeting due to Wednesday playing the final game of the football season also on Sunday. I wouldn't advise getting there too early as the car park charge £5 for the football compared to £2 for the speedway.

On the track, we should see a comprehensive win for the Tigers. I suggest 55-35ish.

I will be very surprised if Sheffield dont hit 60 to be honest, hope im wrong and we keep them honest but theres a sizeable gulf between the two sides. Do we have Castagna for this as hes riding for Italy in the Speedway of Nations this weekend?

Sheffielders often mention the carvery by the stadium. Is this in a pub nearby, or actually in the stadium building?

11 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Sheffielders often mention the carvery by the stadium. Is this in a pub nearby, or actually in the stadium building?

The Carvery is in the stadium in the Panorama room (next to the bar) it has to be booked in advance. Not had one for a couple of years, but it was ok and presume it still is. Telephone number for booking is on the Sheffield website I believe.

3 hours ago, *JJ said:

I think that the pub that you maybe thinking of is the New Barrack Tavern which is about 300 yards down the road from the stadium.

I don't think that you will need to book and Kev the landlord has some fine real ales for you to try. 

Hopefully in this meeting all the Tigers can click at the same time and get the season on track .Hope we can have a decent race track this week too.

1 hour ago, spin king said:

I think that the pub that you maybe thinking of is the New Barrack Tavern which is about 300 yards down the road from the stadium.

I don't think that you will need to book and Kev the landlord has some fine real ales for you to try. 

Thanks (and Steve) but I will have to give the ale a miss as I will still have to drive back to Birmingham!

If we can make a few decent starts then I think we might be able to keep the scoreline respectable.

You can just turn up for the Carvery at a League meeting usually, unless they've changed the rules in there (usually only the PLRC you have to pre book as far as I can gather)

PS  -   start time this week is 5pm, due to car park being needed earlier in the day for SWFC v Stoke. 

16 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

You can just turn up for the Carvery at a League meeting usually, unless they've changed the rules in there (usually only the PLRC you have to pre book as far as I can gather)

PS  -   start time this week is 5pm, due to car park being needed earlier in the day for SWFC v Stoke. 

SWFC v QPR .  Think you will find blades at Stoke !!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

SWFC v QPR .  Think you will find blades at Stoke !!!!!

Who mentioned blades ? SWFC= Owls .

I have ,obviously because the previous post says the car park will be needed for the Swfc v Stoke game and Swfc are at home to Qpr while the blades are at Stoke .Hope that clears that up for you.I think tiger blade is obviously still overly excited with their promotion and got confused .

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I have ,obviously because the previous post says the car park will be needed for the Swfc v Stoke game and Swfc are at home to Qpr while the blades are at Stoke .Hope that clears that up for you.I think tiger blade is obviously still overly excited with their promotion and got confused .

It doesn't take much :D   I was only trying to be a good citizen and spread the word about the start time - apparently the day of the Redcar home meeting someone travelled from Leeds for a 6pm start because of the previous week's one off.  Despite the fact that the Tigers' Facebook page and probably all other media had been advertising it all week and at least a dozen times over that weekend as 4pm!!!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Steve55 said:

The Carvery is in the stadium in the Panorama room (next to the bar) it has to be booked in advance. Not had one for a couple of years, but it was ok and presume it still is. Telephone number for booking is on the Sheffield website I believe.

Carvery costs either £8.99 or £9.99 and if you intend staying in the restaurant for the meeting it is better to book a table (ask for one next to the windows).